PDA

View Full Version : Todays games

4and12to12and4
12-02-2007, 12:38 PM
I am rooting for the Vikings to beat the Lions, because I don't want either of them in the playoffs, and it would make them both 6-6. I'm rooting for Seattle to beat the Eagles, cuz I don't want Philly in the playoffs, I'm rooting for the Bills to beat the Skins cuz I don't want the Skins in the playoffs. I want the Giants and the Cardinals to be the wildcards. Maybe the Giants can win their first game, and if the Cardinals lose theirs, we would play the division winner that beat the Cardinals if we have the bye, and the Giants would play the Boys and they have a chance to beat them. This could mean we play the Giants IN GB for the NFC Championship. Thoughts?

I just don't want the Eagles, Redskins, or any North team going into the playoffs because they all scare me, and could make some noise. I'm not scared of the West or South teams, Tampa or Seattle would have to come to GB if we get the bye, but the Bears, Vikings with AP and the Lions with all those weapons and good run defense scare me, especially cuz we'd have to beat them thrice, and that's hard to do. The Eagles and Skins are the best teams in the NFC after us and the Boys, IMO. What do you think?

Bretsky
12-02-2007, 12:47 PM
I'd much rather play the Lions than the Vikes come playoff time

4and12to12and4
12-02-2007, 12:48 PM
Jeez, the Packers aren't playing today, and nobody's here? All these games are still important for our playoff picture.

4and12to12and4
12-02-2007, 12:51 PM
I'd much rather play the Lions than the Vikes come playoff time

Someone else said that to me too, but, I don't get why. I mean, we have a great run defense, and Jackson has been looking better, but, all in all the Lions offense is scarier, cuz their receivers can beat our secondary, and they both have similar defenses, good against the run, not so good against the pass. But, don't you want the Lions to lose so they are both 6-6, so maybe taking them both out of the playoffs?

4and12to12and4
12-02-2007, 12:52 PM
Plus, AP may get reinjured. Good chance of that with a knee injury. They have to play him now before he's really ready to stay in the playoff hunt.

4and12to12and4
12-02-2007, 12:53 PM
Roy Williams just made a ridiculous catch, that's what scares me. We can stop AP, we have twice.

4and12to12and4
12-02-2007, 12:58 PM
Holy shit, did you see that run back for the Vikes? Where are you Rastak, at the game?

4and12to12and4
12-02-2007, 01:04 PM
Kitna just got sacked for the 32 millionth time this year.

Pacopete4
12-02-2007, 01:05 PM
i hear what ur sayin and it all sounds good if thats how its going to work out

KYPack
12-02-2007, 01:06 PM
Dern 4&12, 'cept for the B-Man, you got a one man thread goin!

4and12to12and4
12-02-2007, 01:08 PM

:oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No shit, WTF, I'm dying to talk about playoff scenarios and nobody wants to play with me.

4and12to12and4
12-02-2007, 01:09 PM
I'm gonna start 20 new topics so I own the first page, and just talk to myself in all the threads. That will be my revenge.

retailguy
12-02-2007, 01:10 PM

No shit, WTF, I'm dying to talk about playoff scenarios and nobody wants to play with me.

This thread kind of reminds me of JSO when TopHat would start a thread and keep posting, and by page 3 he was still the only guy posting.

Top, is that you? :P

4and12to12and4
12-02-2007, 01:11 PM
Is anyone even watching football today, or Christmas shopping?

retailguy
12-02-2007, 01:11 PM

I'm watching Colts/Jags, and I don't really care who wins...

4and12to12and4
12-02-2007, 01:12 PM

This thread kind of reminds me of JSO when TopHat would start a thread and keep posting, and by page 3 he was still the only guy posting.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

After Top's exit, I doubt we'll see him for a while, although it was one hell of a memorable exit.

retailguy
12-02-2007, 01:13 PM

After Top's exit, I doubt we'll see him for a while, although it was one hell of a memorable exit.

Yeah, the drama queens always go out with a bang. Fading into the woodwork just doesn't satisfy those with a huge inferiority complex and a big ego.

4and12to12and4
12-02-2007, 01:17 PM

Yeah, the drama queens always go out with a bang. Fading into the woodwork just doesn't satisfy those with a huge inferiority complex and a big ego.

The best part about it was it was like he was leaving hundreds of "fans" behind. He probable said more than Favre will say at his retirement speech. I think there were even tears, I could sense them. :wink:

4and12to12and4
12-02-2007, 01:20 PM
So, who do you guys want to see going to the playoffs as wildcards? I say Giants and Cardinals. Or am I going to just keep talking to myself. You know, if I do this for another hour, I could technically go see a shrink and get on Ridalin or Adderall. Hmm ... that sounds pretty good, I could crush and snort 'em.

KYPack
12-02-2007, 01:22 PM
Top was one of those guys you could make a lot of money with.

Just buy him for what he was worth, then sell him for what he thought he was worth.

I could never figure out where he was cutting all that shit from or why?

retailguy
12-02-2007, 01:25 PM
So, who do you guys want to see going to the playoffs as wildcards? I say Giants and Cardinals. Or am I going to just keep talking to myself. You know, if I do this for another hour, I could technically go see a shrink and get on Ridalin or Adderall. Hmm ... that sounds pretty good, I could crush and snort 'em.

It doesn't matter. but, if you think it does, then you want the two strongest wildcards, not the two weakest. Then the 1st round games are really tough, and the winner is beat up when they visit Lambeau.

I couldn't care less who wins the wildcards, as long as the Packers get 1st or 2nd seed.

4and12to12and4
12-02-2007, 01:25 PM
Top was one of those guys you could make a lot of money with.

Just buy him for what he was worth, then sell him for what he thought he was worth.

I could never figure out where he was cutting all that shit from or why?

So, you are suggesting flipping Top Hat? That reminds me of Bing Crosby in his musicals. (Ouch, that was a bad joke).

4and12to12and4
12-02-2007, 01:28 PM
Minny's killing Detroit, and I'm glad, they'll both be 6-6, reducing their chances for the playoffs, and if the Bears lose, everything will be falling in place as long as the Cardinals go on a winning streak, and keep all these North teams out of the playoffs. I love it when a plan comes together, mmwwwhaaaaaaaaahaaaaa.

4and12to12and4
12-02-2007, 01:32 PM
Remember, the Vikes have to play the Bears, Redskins, and Denver, so they probably will not make the playoffs anyways, and the Lions schedule is even harder than that, so them both being at 6-6 is a good thing. Now we just have to hope the Eagles and Skins don't get in, they are good and can beat anyone.

4and12to12and4
12-02-2007, 01:34 PM
So, anyways, I was talking to my mom yesterday, and she's doing pretty good, she just bought a chair, she likes it quite a bit, yeah, I don't know, other than that, things are goin' pretty good, so ... yeah ....

rdanomly
12-02-2007, 01:44 PM

I'm watching Colts/Jags, and I don't really care who wins...

I was watching that until the 2nd challenge that didn't go the Jags way. After that I had to change the channel. The colts seemed to be getting all the breaks.

FritzDontBlitz
12-02-2007, 01:45 PM
Posting this so 4and12 doesn't alert the whitecoats in Chicago.

Hey, Chicago finally benched Adam Archuleta? Surprised? I'm sure his uberbabe girlfriend/playboy centerfold Jennifer Walcott is. She was on her Myspace page tryin to get people to vote him to the Pro Bowl a month or so ago.

I'm kinda hoping a couple NFC North teams make it into the playoffs as wildcards along with Green Bay as the division winner. Not only does it elevate the respectability of the division again, it beats up on a couple more teams and softens them up for the Packers.

As long as one of them isn't the Bears. I get tired of hearing their fans whine.

4and12to12and4
12-02-2007, 01:48 PM
Posting this so 4and12 doesn't alert the whitecoats in Chicago.

Hey, Chicago finally benched Adam Archuleta? Surprised? I'm sure his uberbabe girlfriend/playboy centerfold Jennifer Walcott is. She was on her Myspace page tryin to get people to vote him to the Pro Bowl a month or so ago.

I'm kinda hoping a couple NFC North teams make it into the playoffs as wildcards along with Green Bay as the division winner. Not only does it elevate the respectability of the division again, it beats up on a couple more teams and softens them up for the Packers.

As long as one of them isn't the Bears. I get tired of hearing their fans whine.

I would agree, I do want the division to get respect, but we beat the Vikes and Lions twice, and do you really want to take the chance of losing in the playoffs to one of them? Hard to win 3 times. But, they'll probably lose in the first round anyway. Who knows.

Bretsky
12-02-2007, 01:49 PM

I'd like to see the Giants. The Cards would ber fine also.

Watching the Vikings today, their QB is improving. I'm now on board with Esoxx in that I'd rather not see them again.

Bretsky
12-02-2007, 01:51 PM
In my $2500 fantasy football league, we draft and start an offense. Pure Points.

I have the Colts so I hope they score 42 points.

4and12to12and4
12-02-2007, 01:56 PM

I'd like to see the Giants. The Cards would ber fine also.

Watching the Vikings today, their QB is improving. I'm now on board with Esoxx in that I'd rather not see them again.

Yeah, to face any North team in the playoffs is asking for disaster. The vikings winning is great, they are both gonna be 6-6 with rough schedules, now if the Bluemen can beat the Bears, I DEFINITELY don't want them in the playoffs. It'd be cool if the game we play against them, we knock them out of the chase. That'd be great.

GrnBay007
12-02-2007, 02:00 PM
wow, 49'ers are catching up to carolina. That's good for me! :D

14 - 17 now

4and12to12and4
12-02-2007, 02:01 PM
Who moved my divorce thread? Bretsky? Well, thanks for not deleting it. :cry:

For support, please go to the Romper Room and massage me. Your help is appreciated. Any divorce stories are appreciated so I can avoid stupid mistakes.

Bretsky
12-02-2007, 02:03 PM

For support, please go to the Romper Room and massage me. Your help is appreciated. Any divorce stories are appreciated so I can avoid stupid mistakes.

Not I this time

Did you see that move by Peterson ? He's incredibly amazing !!

4and12to12and4
12-02-2007, 02:08 PM

Not I this time

Did you see that move by Peterson ? He's incredibly amazing !!

Yeah, damn, I wish we could've gotten him, can you imagine our team with him, we'd be set for a dynasty until Brett was 44 years old. This guy is unreal. It's weird how in college it's hard to tell who is going to be a dud vs. one of the greatest ever. I never imagined AP would be so dominant. We better enjoy this season, is Jackson continues improving, the Vikes could really have something for years to come. Damn Rastak.

4and12to12and4
12-02-2007, 02:15 PM
Damnit, my kid wants the computer. Won't have to worry about that come February. I'm gonna go make good use of the NFL Ticket. Enjoy your day all.