PDA

View Full Version : minn killed detroit...

gbgary
12-02-2007, 02:23 PM
went to the car wash and the score was 21-10 i think. came back and minn had 42. wow!! does this win the division for us or do we still need to win one more?

Joemailman
12-02-2007, 03:00 PM
It is possible that if the Packers finished 10-6, they could lose the division on a tie-breaker. After head-to-head, I believe the next tie-breaker is divisional record. Right now Packers and Lions are 3-1, Bears and Vikings are 1-3. This does not include today's Lions/Vikings game.

Pacopete4
12-02-2007, 03:43 PM
ur viking point would be meaningless because we beat them both times.. so it wouldnt go to another tie breaker, but if the bears happen to win the remaining division games and we lose.. they'd beat us out if we lose the next 4

Scott Campbell
12-02-2007, 05:07 PM
ur viking point would be meaningless because we beat them both times.. so it wouldnt go to another tie breaker, but if the bears happen to win the remaining division games and we lose.. they'd beat us out if we lose the next 4

I think he's talking about a 3 way tie. But it won't matter. The Packers aren't about to finish the season 0-5 down the stretch.

Pacopete4
12-02-2007, 05:10 PM
there cant be a 3-way tie..... the vikes and bears play each other one more time which means someone would lose at least one game

Cheesehead Craig
12-02-2007, 06:17 PM
If we win 1 more or if MN, Det and Chi each lose 1 more, we win the division. Then we get that fun "y" by our name in the rankings. :D

Rastak
12-02-2007, 06:24 PM
If we win 1 more or if MN, Det and Chi each lose 1 more, we win the division. Then we get that fun "y" by our name in the rankings. :D

You guys will have that "y" shortly....

Badgerinmaine
12-02-2007, 06:40 PM
Hey, Rastak...congrats on the win.

Rastak
12-02-2007, 06:48 PM

Thanks!

They completely kicked ass. I'm shocked, I left them for dead after Green Bay killed them. Jackson's played two straight games where he was pretty good...not great but good enough. Peterson is just amazing. He's got a big brace on his knee and he just deaked the hell out of guys enroute to 116 yards on just 15 carries. The pulled him with the big lead in the 3rd quarter.

gbgary
12-02-2007, 09:00 PM
Peterson is just amazing. He's got a big brace on his knee and he just deaked the hell out of guys enroute to 116 yards on just 15 carries. The pulled him with the big lead in the 3rd quarter.

rookie of the year is a lock and mvp next year is a strong possibillity.

Fritz
12-03-2007, 07:32 AM
I predicted (easily enough) when I saw Minny go up 21-10 that suddenly they'd be the sexy "down the stretch" pick of the national media. And thus it is so. Those announcers are so flippin' simple. I suppose they have to create story lines, whether they're linked to reality or not.

Not that Minny isn't playing well - they are. But let's not crown them the new favorite to go to the SB yet, or even "the team no one would want to play in the playoffs." Bandwagoners.

But congrats Rastak - I'm sure you're feeling better about this team, as you should.

The Lions fans here in LionLand are jumping off the Lion bandwagon faster than rats off the Titanic.

Scott Campbell
12-03-2007, 07:37 AM
Peterson is just amazing. He's got a big brace on his knee and he just deaked the hell out of guys enroute to 116 yards on just 15 carries. The pulled him with the big lead in the 3rd quarter.

rookie of the year is a lock and mvp next year is a strong possibillity.

I'm happy too because they won't be drafting high.

Bossman641
12-03-2007, 08:19 AM

Thanks!

They completely kicked ass. I'm shocked, I left them for dead after Green Bay killed them. Jackson's played two straight games where he was pretty good...not great but good enough. Peterson is just amazing. He's got a big brace on his knee and he just deaked the hell out of guys enroute to 116 yards on just 15 carries. The pulled him with the big lead in the 3rd quarter.

That move Peterson put on Kenoy Kennedy in the hole on his second TD run was ridiculous.

Cheesehead Craig
12-03-2007, 09:39 AM
The thing is, the Vikes could very well make the playoffs and be dangerous. If they can keep up the dominating rushing attack and so long as Tarvaris doesn't crap his pants, they will be a very tough out. The defense has the ability to play a lights out performance and once a team starts getting momentum and belief in themselves, a lot can happen in football just on those.

BF4MVP
12-03-2007, 04:24 PM
Very good performance against the Lions..The Lions were indeed pretenders, as we have found out already.

They're on a nice winning streak right now, but they still don't scare me..If the Pack can beat them 34-0 the week after Peterson sets the rushing record in a rout of the Chargers, then I don't see them beating the Packers in any scenario..If by chance we meet them in the divisional playoff game, I won't be scared then either...

Pacopete4
12-03-2007, 06:04 PM
everyone is on the vikings band wagon and its hilarious.. it happens about twice a year in the midwest.. their fans come outta hiding for the start of the year and usually at some point in the year when they win 2-3 games in a row.. then put paper bags on their heads when they pee their pants when games actually matter

Rastak
12-03-2007, 06:47 PM
everyone is on the vikings band wagon and its hilarious.. it happens about twice a year in the midwest.. their fans come outta hiding for the start of the year and usually at some point in the year when they win 2-3 games in a row.. then put paper bags on their heads when they pee their pants when games actually matter

So where exactly have I been hiding? Was it a rastak cutout sitting in my seat for every single homegame of the Chilly regime?

Well?

Like their first playoff game the last time they made the playoffs? Is that a game that mattered? Who peed their pants that fine day?

Well?

]{ilr]3
12-03-2007, 06:49 PM

So where exactly have I been hiding?

Well?

On a Packers Forum! :shock:

:lol: :wink:

Rastak
12-03-2007, 06:50 PM
I predicted (easily enough) when I saw Minny go up 21-10 that suddenly they'd be the sexy "down the stretch" pick of the national media. And thus it is so. Those announcers are so flippin' simple. I suppose they have to create story lines, whether they're linked to reality or not.

Not that Minny isn't playing well - they are. But let's not crown them the new favorite to go to the SB yet, or even "the team no one would want to play in the playoffs." Bandwagoners.

But congrats Rastak - I'm sure you're feeling better about this team, as you should.
The Lions fans here in LionLand are jumping off the Lion bandwagon faster than rats off the Titanic.

No, they might be good contenders to make the playoffs now given their schedule but I hardly think teams are quaking in their boots...unless they score 42 every week for the rest of the season which ain't gonna happen.

On your second point. I admit I'm pretty surprised. I didn't expect their offense to play as well as they have the last few weeks and I didn't expect their defense to start playing so agressively.

Freak Out
12-03-2007, 06:56 PM
It would be interesting to see him make some of those moves in the snow.

Rastak
12-03-2007, 07:20 PM

Well, the rain in Chicago didn't stop him....snow might be tough though. Maybe he then he runs people over and uses his speed....defenders are in the snow too you know! And he is a very strong runner.

I hope I find out Freak Out!

Freak Out
12-03-2007, 07:33 PM

Well, the rain in Chicago didn't stop him....snow might be tough though. Maybe he then he runs people over and uses his speed....defenders are in the snow too you know! And he is a very strong runner.

I hope I find out Freak Out!

Ha ha...I'm sure we will.....I just hope not this year. :wink:

Pacopete4
12-03-2007, 11:29 PM
ya.. the vikes got us there, and only there.. u guys can brag about ur 1-0 playoff record against us.. congrats

vikes still havent won a superbowl, lost to the falcons when they coulda won it easily, lost to the giants 41-0, the list could go on and on and on and on...

i do give u credit though.. i have a couple pals like u but do not come on here and try to tell me the vikings have good fans at all.. u have to have company's buy your tickets so u can sell out games so u dont get black outs and fold...

you and oakland have a lot in common and i wouldnt be proud of it at all

HarveyWallbangers
12-03-2007, 11:35 PM
Even if Vikings fans are lousy, that doesn't make Rastak a lousy fan. To me, he's a great fan. He's with them through thick and thin. Maybe a tad overly optmistic, but I fit in the club (for the Pack) as well. I'm sure he's aware of all the issues the Vikings have had, and I don't feel the need to pile on because he's a good soldier around here.

esoxx
12-03-2007, 11:36 PM
On your second point. I admit I'm pretty surprised.

Conversly, I'm not surprised at all.

Stay away from Lambeau next month.

Partial
12-03-2007, 11:52 PM
I think the Pat and Vikings are going to be neck and neck for the division next year.

MJZiggy
12-04-2007, 12:06 AM
Even if Vikings fans are lousy, that doesn't make Rastak a lousy fan. To me, he's a great fan. He's with them through thick and thin. Maybe a tad overly optmistic, but I fit in the club (for the Pack) as well. I'm sure he's aware of all the issues the Vikings have had, and I don't feel the need to pile on because he's a good soldier around here.

Agreed.

The Leaper
12-04-2007, 08:47 AM
Even if Vikings fans are lousy, that doesn't make Rastak a lousy fan. To me, he's a great fan. He's with them through thick and thin.

I've met several great Vikings fans. Their fans are significantly better than Bear fans on the whole IMO.

I still hate those pesky pointy hat wearers though...and their little horn too.

MadtownPacker
12-04-2007, 11:42 AM

I hope I find out Freak Out!The Pack got him at full strength last time and shut him down, badly.

Bring them on, I dont think the results will be much different.

mngolf19
12-05-2007, 12:39 PM

I hope I find out Freak Out!The Pack got him at full strength last time and shut him down, badly.

Bring them on, I dont think the results will be much different.

Yes, bring them on. Please. Pretty please. I could use a playoff game to care about.

MJZiggy
12-05-2007, 01:00 PM
You could care about beating Chicago again...

mngolf19
12-05-2007, 01:23 PM
You could care about beating Chicago again...

Your right, the Vikes need to look at every game now as a playoff game.

MJZiggy
12-05-2007, 01:28 PM
Well, you can take it that way, but really I just like seeing Chicago lose...

HarveyWallbangers
12-05-2007, 03:56 PM
Minnesota has become sort of the NFC's version of Jacksonville. Their defense isn't as good as Jacksonville's defense, but their running game is better. If Tarvaris Jackson plays as well as David Garrard has this year, they'll be formidable. He's a big key to that team. Their running game and run defense gives team's fits, and allows them to stay in most games. However, because they are pretty one-dimensional, offensively and defensively, they also can lose to teams they shouldn't.

b bulldog
12-05-2007, 07:52 PM
I think Jackson is completeing close to 70% of his passes the last few games. I would hate to have the Packers play them in the playoffs.

Partial
12-05-2007, 10:49 PM
Minnesota has become sort of the NFC's version of Jacksonville. Their defense isn't as good as Jacksonville's defense, but their running game is better. If Tarvaris Jackson plays as well as David Garrard has this year, they'll be formidable. He's a big key to that team. Their running game and run defense gives team's fits, and allows them to stay in most games. However, because they are pretty one-dimensional, offensively and defensively, they also can lose to teams they shouldn't.

That is an excellent comparison.

3irty1
12-05-2007, 11:38 PM

David Garrard is what Tarvaris Jackson wants to be when he grows up.