PDA

View Full Version : Playoff birth must wait another week

Fosco33
12-02-2007, 06:24 PM
Packers needed a New Orleans loss or tie and an Arizona loss or tie and a Chicago loss or tie to clinch a playoff birth.

Arizona beat Cleveland 27-21. The last play was under review for a TD by Cleveland - but a no call on a push-out cannot be overturned.

Looks like the Giants will beat the Bears.

And Tampa Bay came back to beat the Saints.

Funny how a no call can changes things, huh :lol:

Guess we'll have to get it next week against an improving Raider squad.

LaFours
12-03-2007, 08:11 AM
Which player's wife is due during the playoffs?

motife
12-03-2007, 08:23 AM
actually, it makes sense either way. A berth or a seat in the playoffs, and a birth, or the beginning of the playoffs.

Sort of like Norm Crosby or Yogi Berra. You know what they mean, even though it comes out a little different.

MadtownPacker
12-03-2007, 10:51 AM
Which player's wife is due during the playoffs? :lol:

I don't give a damn about a playoff birth. Even losing out still likely means a playoff spot. At this point we are aiming high like a bye week. There can't be too much slipping on these games. The rams game is the one that looks way more difficult then last month.

FritzDontBlitz
12-03-2007, 11:06 AM
Which player's wife is due during the playoffs? :lol:

I don't give a damn about a playoff birth. Even losing out still likely means a playoff spot. At this point we are aiming high like a bye week. There can't be too much slipping on these games. The rams game is the one that looks way more difficult then last month.

I beg to differ, old maniacal one. The Packers have to win at least 1 more game to clinch the division. Losing the rest and finshing 10-6 would force a tiebreaker if Detroit wins out and goes 10-6 as well. I'm not sure how that would go for the Pack, but if it was in their favor they would have clinched yesterday since Detroit lost to the Vikings and the Pack swept Minnestoa. Detroit still has to visit Lambeau before the season ends.

I just looked at the tie-breaking procedure and it gave me a headache just reading it. So winning out is the option I prefer, because I don't believe in conceding even the #1 seed untill its officially off the table....

MadtownPacker
12-03-2007, 11:16 AM
Well damn I would hope they win at least 1 more game. I'm saying the same thing just not in a mamon type of way like you.

Zool
12-03-2007, 11:58 AM

The berthing canal will be filled during the playoffs.

Badgerinmaine
12-03-2007, 12:49 PM
if anyone on this board takes credit, I suggest that the discussion go to the Garbage Can. 8-)

LL2
12-03-2007, 03:41 PM
We need to win the rest of the games to get the #2 seed, but I hope we clinch this weekend.

The Leaper
12-03-2007, 03:47 PM
We need to win the rest of the games to get the #2 seed, but I hope we clinch this weekend.

We have 2 losses...everyone else other than Dallas has at least 4.

We can lose one and still are guaranteed to get the #2 seed in the NFC. We do not have to win out to get the #2 seed.

MJZiggy
12-03-2007, 03:52 PM
No but winning out leaves us in position to get the number 1 on the off chance Dallas blows a gasket and drops a couple games...

FritzDontBlitz
12-03-2007, 05:47 PM
Well damn I would hope they win at least 1 more game. I'm saying the same thing just not in a mamon type of way like you.

Um, mamon? LOL

No big words please. I can barely type as it is. :wink: