PDA

View Full Version : Are the Packers Officially in the Playoffs??

rynop123
12-02-2007, 06:44 PM
???

]{ilr]3
12-02-2007, 06:47 PM
Since the Bears just lost and we beat the Lions and the Vikings twice if we loose our next four games we should still be on top of the NFCN

mmmdk
12-02-2007, 07:08 PM
{ilr]3]Since the Bears just lost and we beat the Lions and the Vikings twice if we loose our next four games we should still be on top of the NFCN

Packers need to go 3-1 to clinch a first round bye. I expect Bucs to win the rest, go 4-0. Bucs play at Houston, Atlanta, at San Fran, Carolina...that's 4-0 Bucs.

Packers face a tall task still; people still talk about playing the Cowboys :crazy: but fact is that the job ain't done yet.

]{ilr]3
12-02-2007, 07:09 PM
Silly me. For some reason I was thinking we have already played the Lions 2 times. :oops:

motife
12-02-2007, 07:30 PM
I think the Packer HAVE locked up at least a wildcard playoff spot.

There are only 7 teams in the NFC that have 6 wins or more, and one of those is the Vikes, who the Pack has beaten twice.

At worst, GB would finish 10-6. Since they've beaten the Vikes twice they'd win any tie breakers with them regardless of what any of the other 5 teams do.

The Packers would lock up the NFCN with a Lions loss and a GB win. If the Lions win out and the Packers lose all their games, there would have to be some other tie breaker than head to head to decide the North.

Edit... Hold the phone. The Cardinals won. There are 8 teams. We may have to wait until next week.

Patler
12-02-2007, 10:30 PM
Conceivably the Packers could tie the Vikings and/or the Lions. But, the only way for GB not to win the Division is if Detroit goes 4-0 and the Packers go 0-4. If the Packers and the Vikings tie in a two-way tie, the Packers get the tie-breaker. A three-way tie, or a two-way tie with the Lions would bring in tie-breakers other than head-to-head.

The chance of the Packers going 0-4 and Detroit 4-0 are pretty remote, I think. The chances of GB going 4-0 and Detroit 0-4 are much better!

Detroit plays Dallas at home, then at SD, KC at home, then the Packers. Maybe they can beat KC, but Dallas? At SD? Maybe the Packers, if GB has home field advantage locked up and plays their starters only the first half!

Joemailman
12-02-2007, 10:38 PM
After this week NFC play, only two things are absolutely certain:

1. Dallas Is In the Playoffs.

2. The Bears Still Suck!

Fosco33
12-02-2007, 11:11 PM
Since Arizona won, the Packers will have to wait at least another week to clinch a playoff birth (but NO and CHI lost which is good).

digitaldean
12-03-2007, 12:00 AM
Conceivably the Packers could tie the Vikings and/or the Lions. But, the only way for GB not to win the Division is if Detroit goes 4-0 and the Packers go 0-4. If the Packers and the Vikings tie in a two-way tie, the Packers get the tie-breaker. A three-way tie, or a two-way tie with the Lions would bring in tie-breakers other than head-to-head.

The chance of the Packers going 0-4 and Detroit 4-0 are pretty remote, I think. The chances of GB going 4-0 and Detroit 0-4 are much better!

Detroit plays Dallas at home, then at SD, KC at home, then the Packers. Maybe they can beat KC, but Dallas? At SD? Maybe the Packers, if GB has home field advantage locked up and plays their starters only the first half!

Given the way the Bucs have played, plus who they have left, I think we need to win 3 of the next 4 to get a first round bye. The Bucs are playing decently, especially at RB, Earnest Graham is a beast. I find it tough seeing them lose any more the rest of the way.

I think winning 3 of the 4 is do-able. Oakland is playing better, but we should be able to win that one. The Rams might have Bulger back, but their D is god-awful. They've had the 2nd straight home game blackout. Only way they'd sell out is because of the cheeseheads travelling to see the Pack. Packers should be able to do it there.

By the time we play the Bears, it may be Kyle Orton testing time in Chi-town. The Bears are behind a ton of teams, plus they'll probably get shredded by the Viqueens on the road. This might be the toughest game because of the rivalry factor.

That leaves the Kitties at the end. By that time, their fate will probably have been sealed.

Patler
12-03-2007, 12:21 AM
Given the way the Bucs have played, plus who they have left, I think we need to win 3 of the next 4 to get a first round bye. The Bucs are playing decently, especially at RB, Earnest Graham is a beast. I find it tough seeing them lose any more the rest of the way.

I think winning 3 of the 4 is do-able. Oakland is playing better, but we should be able to win that one. The Rams might have Bulger back, but their D is god-awful. They've had the 2nd straight home game blackout. Only way they'd sell out is because of the cheeseheads travelling to see the Pack. Packers should be able to do it there.

By the time we play the Bears, it may be Kyle Orton testing time in Chi-town. The Bears are behind a ton of teams, plus they'll probably get shredded by the Viqueens on the road. This might be the toughest game because of the rivalry factor.

That leaves the Kitties at the end. By that time, their fate will probably have been sealed.

Well, 3-1 obviously guarantees the bye, because everyone else is sitting with at least four losses right now.

I believe TB and Seattle each have another loss in them. To win out would be an 8 game winning streak for both of them, not an easy thing to do. Somewhere along the line, they will play a bad game, get a few bad breaks, someone else will play well, and they will have a loss.

I have a feeling that 12-4 will be good enough for a bye, but I prefer 14-2!

The Leaper
12-03-2007, 03:27 PM
I have a feeling that 12-4 will be good enough for a bye, but I prefer 14-2!

Stop being greedy Patler!

13-3 will be enough. If we have to lose to Detroit and rest some guys in the process, so be it.

4and12to12and4
12-03-2007, 07:49 PM
After this week NFC play, only two things are absolutely certain:

1. Dallas Is In the Playoffs.

2. The Bears Still Suck!

8-) Perfect answer.

Come on guys, we are gonna get the bye, and I just hope that the Giants and Cardinals get the wildcard, the Giants win their wildcard game, the Cards lose theirs, and then the Giants beat the Boys and we beat the Bucs in cold weather in GB, so the NFC Championship game will be in Lambeau against the crappy Bluemen and we win by 20, before being annihilated by the Pats in the Superbowl.