PDA

View Full Version : Oakland Game No Gimme

Farley Face
12-02-2007, 07:02 PM
Oakland was sharp today. We can't afford a Dallas hangover.

They have a capable fleet of wideouts and McCown delivered them the ball. Fargas has been a beast the last two weeks. Their O-Line seems much improved since the beginning of the season.

I think we should be able to put points on the board against them, but this upcoming game will not be a gimme. With Tampa, Seattle, and New York all winning today we can't assume we have that second seed locked up just yet.

gbpackfan
12-02-2007, 07:14 PM
I would agree that the Raiders played well today but take this into consideration.

1. The Raiders have won two in row against divisional opponents. Anytime you play someone in your division, throw out the records. Hate makes players play harder. Or something like that.

2. The Raiders will have to play in the cold, coming to Lambeau. That only helps the Packers.

3. The Broncos gift wrapped the game for them. Yes, I know, turnovers can be forced but Denver gave them 3. We limit the turnovers, we win.

4. I don't mean to sound like a cliche but if we stop the run and take care of the ball, we will win. Nothing fancy here. There is no way a 10-2 team should lose to a 4-8 team at home.

5. The Raiders have blown their wad. They are going to come crashing down in GB, Wisconsin!

]{ilr]3
12-02-2007, 07:19 PM
I agree. The Raiders have nothing to play for coming here. They played hard against the Broncos because they had a chance to take a hated rival out of the playoffs, or atleast a step closer.

I dont think they are going to be a push over. But I think that we will see Jamarcus Russel get some playtime. Al Davis wants anouther High Draft pick. :lol:

Farley Face
12-02-2007, 07:25 PM
{ilr]3]I agree. The Raiders have nothing to play for coming here. They played hard against the Broncos because they had a chance to take a hated rival out of the playoffs, or atleast a step closer.

I dont think they are going to be a push over. But I think that we will see Jamarcus Russel get some playtime. Al Davis wants anouther High Draft pick. :lol:

I'd like our defense to regain some swagger. Since the shutout against the Vikings they have had to work on short rest and without some key players. If they can limit Fargas without Jolly and contain the pass without Woodson if he needs to heal another week they will be better for it.

]{ilr]3
12-02-2007, 07:31 PM
{ilr]3]I agree. The Raiders have nothing to play for coming here. They played hard against the Broncos because they had a chance to take a hated rival out of the playoffs, or atleast a step closer.

I'd like our defense to regain some swagger. Since the shutout against the Vikings they have had to work on short rest and without some key players. If they can limit Fargas without Jolly and contain the pass without Woodson if he needs to heal another week they will be better for it.

Ok, I am going to really set myself up here and just say it...... If Favre is not 100% I feel he should not start and heel up :shock:

Ill wait for awhile to let that settle.....................................
.................................................. ...................................
.................................................. ....................................
.................................................. .....................................
.................................................. .......................................

Ok,

Looking ahead at the Jerry Jones hand picked schedule for the Cowboys I really do not see them losing 2 more games and I think A-Rod will kick some Raider butt. I love Favre, but I love the Packers more. Its about the team, not a player.

Am I banned now? :cry:

Bretsky
12-02-2007, 07:33 PM
Completely agree; I'd like to see our defense show something Sunday.

Tampa Bay is going to go 12-4 IMO

We need to keep winning to keep homefield.

And there is a chance Dallas could still lose two.

gbpackfan
12-02-2007, 07:53 PM

I was looking at that today too.

Tampa Bay has an EASY schedule and have a great chance to go 12-4.

Seattle also could very easily go 12-4.

We need to win 3 of next 4. A sweep would be sweet!

That game in St. Louis is looking tough now too!!!

Bretsky
12-02-2007, 08:22 PM

I hope that dominant defense decides to come to play that day; that is the game that scares me the most. They are far far more talented than their record

RashanGary
12-02-2007, 08:32 PM
I agree with the turnover thing. I really want to see our ST's and defense rebound as well.

Farley Face
12-02-2007, 08:35 PM

I hope that dominant defense decides to come to play that day; that is the game that scares me the most. They are far far more talented than their record

When our defense can keep giving our offense possessions by stacking up the 3 and outs, we seem to play more disciplined on offense. When the threat off a shootout exists our offense seems to lose patience.

I really feel like our defense will determine how far this team will go this year more than our offense. Hopefully they step it up the last four weeks of this season like they did last season.

Patler
12-02-2007, 10:40 PM
Well, no game in the NFL is ever a "gimme", but did I miss something? Isn't Oakland still just 4-8, and 2-3 in their last 5 games? Didn't they just barely beat KC and lose to 5-7 Houston and 5-7 Chicago?

The only way for GB to lose this is for the defense to absolutely stink up the field, and for Favre to throw 3 interceptions or so. The Packers are back home again, coming off a loss and playing a game that can assure them the Division title. If they aren't ready to play this game.........

Farley Face
12-02-2007, 10:49 PM
Well, no game in the NFL is ever a "gimme", but did I miss something? Isn't Oakland still just 4-8, and 2-3 in their last 5 games? Didn't they just barely beat KC and lose to 5-7 Houston and 5-7 Chicago?

The only way for GB to lose this is for the defense to absolutely stink up the field, and for Favre to throw 3 interceptions or so. The Packers are back home again, coming off a loss and playing a game that can assure them the Division title. If they aren't ready to play this game.........

Naw, you didn't miss anything. Just don't want our club to look past anyone.

Joemailman
12-02-2007, 10:58 PM
MM seems to know what buttons to push with this team, so I don't think they'll take anyone lightly. The Packers lost last week because Favre and Al Harris, arguably their two most important players, had terrible games. I look for both those guys to make amends this week.

3irty1
12-02-2007, 11:33 PM
I don't think were the hangover type of team. I expect them to have their way with the Raiders.

Fritz
12-03-2007, 07:27 AM

Patler! How good to see your avatar again.

I think people are just being cautious. If the fans get overconfident, so will the team be, the thinking might go. I'm kinda that way myself.

FritzDontBlitz
12-03-2007, 10:51 AM
All the starters that are healthy enough to play should play, enough of this resting people for the playoffs shit. THE PACKERS ARE NOT IN THE PLAYOFFS YET!!! We lose another game we might lose the #2 seed. Lose the rest of their games they might not even make the playoffs. There are other teams getting hot right now, this is no time to be coasting or resting. We need to sew up a playoff spot and then we can ease guys in and out of the lineup. If Woody isn't 100% then let Tramon handle the punt returns. Brett will be ready to go and he needs to get out there and get his own confidence back after that horrible performance in Texas. M3 needs to put it all together again and knock the Raiders out early, so they can rest the starters and allow the backups to gain the necessary reps to prepare them for playoff time. They need to reestablish their cohesion and rhythm on both sides of the ball or they could risk an embarrassing end to what has been a superb season thus far. It would be different if Green Bay had beaten Dallas, but they didn't. So, since Green Bay has yet to clinch anything yet, and all Dallas has done is clinch a playoff spot, they need to keep going balls-out as if the #1 seed is still up for grabs, or risk not even making the playoffs at all.

MadtownPacker
12-03-2007, 10:55 AM
The truth is the raiders are catching the Pack on a bad week. After a big loss last Thursday the D and O are gonna be looking to do something big. No way in hell do they go easy on a team like the raiders, at home, for a playoff spot and the division.

You couldn't ask for a better game to get the next winning streak started on.

Harlan Huckleby
12-03-2007, 11:05 AM
The truth is the raiders are catching the Pack on a bad week.

I'm tired of your Silver & Black U-rah-rah crap. Keep your Raider Love to yourself.

(I just thought of that old song "Radar Love" :lol: )

MadtownPacker
12-03-2007, 11:07 AM
Shut the hell up you moron. :wink:

The crazy thing is that you sound even more slimy then you act on the forum.

FritzDontBlitz
12-03-2007, 11:08 AM
The truth is the raiders are catching the Pack on a bad week.

I'm tired of your Silver & Black U-rah-rah crap. Keep your Raider Love to yourself.

(I just thought of that old song "Radar Love" :lol: )

:lol:

FritzDontBlitz
12-03-2007, 11:10 AM
I'm hoping they destroy the Raiders as a warm-up game for the playoffs. I also hope Sanders starting adding some corner/safety blitzes to restore a bit of confidence to the secondary.

Oops, gotta run. I think a monkey just tried to fly outta my butt.... :oops:

MJZiggy
12-03-2007, 12:09 PM
I think I just saw some sort of swine fly past my window...

The Leaper
12-03-2007, 12:45 PM
I also hope Sanders starting adding some corner/safety blitzes to restore a bit of confidence to the secondary.

Yes, I've mentioned this already after the Dallas loss.

Speedy #38 would look awful good coming on a CB blitz.

cheesner
12-03-2007, 02:26 PM
{ilr]3]

Ok, I am going to really set myself up here and just say it...... If Favre is not 100% I feel he should not start and heel up :shock:

Okay, I will give you some attention.

Of course if Brett can't play he shouldn't. Playing a play or two then sitting out would tarnish the record he already has. But saying that Brett may not play is like saying 'if the sun doesn't come up tomorrow, we will have to use flashlights'. It is obvious, but not very likely.

4and12to12and4
12-03-2007, 08:26 PM
Don't kid yourself Rats, this Raiders team is playing much better than last year and have lost a lot of close games. They are playing with a lot of passion this year, and are not gonna be a pushover. This will be a tough game and come down to the final quarter and we need to not turn the ball over.

I agree that we should sit Favre (I know that is blasphemy here) but to hell with the streak, there is no way he's gonna be 100%. Although, we could start him, not messing up the streak, but if he starts bad and seems to be bothered by the injury(s), we should put AR in, and if nothing else, after the Dallas game I am very interested in seeing how good he can play. He was pretty impressive coming in to that hostile environment down 17 points and getting us back in the game, and he had some very accurate throws with good arm strength. But, don't think this is a gimme, this team is pretty good, and they are just barely losing some games against some good teams. We need to bring our A game.

KYPack
12-03-2007, 09:09 PM
Yeah,

we'll sit Brett for this one to rest him up.

& destroy one of the greatest streaks in sports history.

Good God man, have you taken leave of your senses?

A top NFL team coming back home after a tough road loss. A young team getting on the road after a good home win. The home team wins, what 99% of the time?

Rastak
12-03-2007, 09:13 PM
Yeah,

A top NFL team coming back home after a tough road loss. A young team getting on the road after a good home win. The home team wins, what 99% of the time?

Ripken sat healthy to end one helluva Iron Man streak. Just to get it off the teams priorities.....just a thought. Football is a bit different 16 games vs 162......so mr apple meet mr orange I guess.

4and12to12and4
12-03-2007, 11:23 PM
Yeah,

Hey, reread my post, I regressed and said start him, but if his injuries are definitely affecting him, sit him. Chill, I love the streak too. It's one of the reasons I think he's the best QB ever. Show me some love, I feel ya brother. 8-)

HarveyWallbangers
12-03-2007, 11:33 PM
No game in the NFL is easy. Oakland has some strong points. Their pass defense isn't bad. They can also run the football. Their QBs aren't great, but they are capable of beating teams when they are hot. It will be key to get an early lead on the Raiders. We'll also need to stop the run.

KYPack
12-04-2007, 07:17 AM
Yeah,

Hey, reread my post, I regressed and said start him, but if his injuries are definitely affecting him, sit him. Chill, I love the streak too. It's one of the reasons I think he's the best QB ever. Show me some love, I feel ya brother. 8-)

I figured there was some sarcasm laying around in there somewhere. Some here are right, this will be tough game. It will be Oakland's mini Super Bowl.

The Leaper
12-04-2007, 08:45 AM
I figured there was some sarcasm laying around in there somewhere. Some here are right, this will be tough game. It will be Oakland's mini Super Bowl.

Sunday. Mostly cloudy. A chance of light snow. Highs in the lower 30s. Chance of snow 30 percent.

Mini Super Bowl held in freezing conditions, that is. Oakland is coming off an emotional win against their biggest rival...and has to travel cross-country into the icebox of northern Wisconsin.

It shouldn't be a game...regardless of how "mentally tough" the Raiders have become. Jamarcus Russell...has the kid ever seen snow before?