PDA

View Full Version : Bears radio station CHEERS Favre's injury on website

motife
12-02-2007, 07:03 PM
http://www.670thescore.com/

Wait and you'll see it. It says :

DOWN HE GOES!!! in a happy, gloating font.

http://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sctm/v158/11/1/605353733/n605353733_199504_3179.jpg

Rastak
12-02-2007, 07:08 PM

http://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sctm/v158/11/1/605353733/n605353733_199504_3179.jpg

I recall that happening here locally on Packerrats with a different player.

gbpackfan
12-02-2007, 07:09 PM
Busch league. But who cares. The Bears are the worst team in the North and the Packers are the best. Favre's injury is all they have to cheer for. But we get the last laugh, Favre will be fine and will start again on Sunday. The Bears still suck! :D

]{ilr]3
12-02-2007, 07:14 PM

I dont recall the instance but there is a big difference. These are personal posts more like a conversation between a group of fans.

FritzDontBlitz
12-02-2007, 07:15 PM
Just another example of Chicago's obsession with the Favrelous one. I was just there to hear Doug and OB rip on the Bears loss to the G-Men. Its a thing of beauty I tell ya, take a listen.

By the way Rastak, nice win by the Vikes today. There are now like nine NFC teams fighting for the second wildcard spot. It will make for an interesting December to say the least.

Oh well, back to playing "X-Men Legends" on XBox with my daughter. Damn, she's almost as obsessed as her mom was.....

gbpackfan
12-02-2007, 07:15 PM

I actually thought most of us didn't like to see A. Peterson hurt. But maybe I'm wrong. Even so, it's different because it's Favre! :P :wink:

Bretsky
12-02-2007, 07:30 PM
They can't celebrate success so they have to look for alternatives

Rastak
12-02-2007, 07:35 PM

I actually thought most of us didn't like to see A. Peterson hurt. But maybe I'm wrong. Even so, it's different because it's Favre! :P :wink:

I think it's lame as hell by the way. (The Chicago thing).

RashanGary
12-02-2007, 08:30 PM
I think it's more or less a way to get under the skin of their rivals and it worked.

The Shadow
12-02-2007, 08:34 PM
On the local spots station, Doug Buffone and Ed O'Bradovich are taking the usual irate calls from Bears 'fans'.
One of then was an old lady nutjob, who "has been a Bear fan all my life", and watches each game with her numerous cats.
"Today, I've had enough at last!" she declared. "This was the last straw! I am now a Packer fan!!".
She said it, she really did.
Living near Chicago is sometimes not all bad......

FritzDontBlitz
12-02-2007, 08:38 PM
I think it's more or less a way to get under the skin of their rivals and it worked.

Nah, not really. Bears fans never get under my skin unless the Packers get suckered into their mind games....

I went there to hear the local media rip on their loss to the Giants. Trust me, Chicago media are much more vicious to their own team.

Ed O'Bradovich and Doug Buffone are two ex-Bears. I love their show after a Bears loss. They were both damn good defensive guys so they have the respect of the fans and they never disappoint.

RashanGary
12-02-2007, 08:45 PM
I always found bearmans sig funny where he had Favre getting whiplashed by a Bear. It was a little anoying and it got under my skin, but I always kind of envyed him for being able to annoy people, namely me. I've since added the "we're going to physically beat your ass" to my arsenal of rub it in rival talk and it just so happens football is about physically beating the other teams ass so it has merit too. Just pretend like you don't care and the next time Urlachers arthritic back flares up, rub it in a little to them :)

Joemailman
12-02-2007, 08:52 PM
Seems like a good thread to post this picture:

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee20/joemailman25/downgoesrex.jpg

retailguy
12-02-2007, 09:12 PM
I always found bearmans sig funny where he had Favre getting whiplashed by a Bear. It was a little anoying and it got under my skin, but I always kind of envyed him for being able to annoy people, namely me. I've since added the "we're going to physically beat your ass" to my arsenal of rub it in rival talk and it just so happens football is about physically beating the other teams ass so it has merit too. Just pretend like you don't care and the next time Urlachers arthritic back flares up, rub it in a little to them :)

Why do you get your kicks out of someone being HURT? It makes no f'ing sense. Would you laugh your ass off if it was your wife? You damn fool, Urlacher/Peterson/Favre are all SOMEONES SPOUSE.

The radio station is foolish, and so are you.

retailguy
12-02-2007, 09:46 PM
I just have to come back and clarify my comments from above.

What I hear you say is: give a bears fan shit about Urlacher's bad back. Ok, here goes:

Ha, ha, ha, ha. Urlacher has an arthritic back and can't play (and that back will bother him for the rest of his LIFE), but ha, ha, ha, - you're gonna LOSE! Sucker! He f'ed up his back, will be injured for life, but ha,ha,ha you're gonna LOSE SUCKER. LOSE. LOSER. Got the "big L" on your forehead. LOSER.

Yeah. :shock: That'll get 'em.

Here's another one for your favorite Jets/Pats fan to use:

Ha, ha, ha, ha. Your tight end Kevin Everett is PARALYZED. He's fucked up and can't play, and YOU'RE GONNA LOSE SUCKER. Your team is GONNA LOSE. The poor bastard can't move and is in the hospital, can never ever play football again, and YOU'RE GONNA LOSE. LOSER. Sucker. Deadbeat. YOU'RE GONNA LOSE.

Yep. That about says it all, doesn't it? Why don't you THINK before you open your mouth?

:roll:

FritzDontBlitz
12-02-2007, 10:00 PM

Why do you get your kicks out of someone being HURT? It makes no f'ing sense. Would you laugh your ass off if it was your wife? You damn fool, Urlacher/Peterson/Favre are all SOMEONES SPOUSE.

The station truly is foolish. Its the mentality of the fans, though. They prolly couldn't wait to replace Wayne Larrivee as the play-by-play man because he was too mature and objective for their tastes. They guy who replaced him is just god-awful, basically a babyfaced cheerleader. I am guessing the thing Chicago hates more than losing today is it distracts them from the fact the Packers lost.

retailguy
12-02-2007, 10:07 PM

The station truly is foolish. Its the mentality of the fans, though. They prolly couldn't wait to replace Wayne Larrivee as the play-by-play man because he was too mature and objective for their tastes. They guy who replaced him is just god-awful, basically a babyfaced cheerleader. I am guessing the thing Chicago hates more than losing today is it distracts them from the fact the Packers lost.

Yeah, I suppose. I live down here. Work with a bunch of Bears fans. Can't tell you how many of them came up to me at the office on Friday and said some variation of "Saw the game, never like to see someone get hurt, but especially not Favre. He is truly fun to watch and I'd never like to see him hurt".

So, you might be surprised. It's a pretty small minority of folks that think the way Justin/Nick does. It just amazes me that anyone could cheer an injury. He just doesn't get that, that type of behavior reflects on him more than it does anyone else. Its classless.

3irty1
12-02-2007, 11:20 PM
This is disappointing. Besides being severely mislead and just generally feminine, Chicago tends to have decent, respectful fans. At least in my experience.

Partial
12-02-2007, 11:21 PM

Yeah, I suppose. I live down here. Work with a bunch of Bears fans. Can't tell you how many of them came up to me at the office on Friday and said some variation of "Saw the game, never like to see someone get hurt, but especially not Favre. He is truly fun to watch and I'd never like to see him hurt".

So, you might be surprised. It's a pretty small minority of folks that think the way Justin/Nick does. It just amazes me that anyone could cheer an injury. He just doesn't get that, that type of behavior reflects on him more than it does anyone else. Its classless.

echoed for a good message

run pMc
12-03-2007, 08:54 AM
If you're a fan of the game, you should respect the game -- and by extension, the players. Even if they are despicable people off the field, they are putting their bodies through hell for the amusement of others. that being said, I think it's disrespectful to the game (and to them) to cheer an injury.

Not to mention classless.

I wouldn't cheer because someone got hurt in a car crash or slipping on a patch of ice; is there a difference because it's a football injury? Regardless of wanting to see MIN or CHI lose vs. GB, I wouldn't cheer for Urlacher or AD getting hurt. I'd rather see the Packers beat those teams at full strength so their fans couldn't roll out any excuses.

The Leaper
12-03-2007, 09:30 AM
Well, that little taunt is sure to guarantee that Green Bay will SLAUGHTER Chicago by about 28 at their next go-around. Whatever the spread is...take the Packers. Favre will be out there hunting for bear.

The Leaper
12-03-2007, 09:39 AM
This is disappointing. Besides being severely mislead and just generally feminine, Chicago tends to have decent, respectful fans. At least in my experience.

Huh?

I've rarely met a respectable, decent Chicago sports fan. The Cubs fans would've publically crucified Bartman on a cross if they had the chance, although I suppose you have to keep your distance from a fan base that hasn't won in 100 years. Bulls fans are among the most smug jackasses in sports. I think many still think Jordan plays for them. Bears fans are intolerable and fair-weather.

If they were decent fans, they wouldn't tolerate shenanagans like this from their radio stations.

J-Rok
12-03-2007, 10:05 AM
I totally disagree with you, Leaper. I've lived in Chicagoland all of my life, and while I love getting into it with Bears fans, I'm a big White Sox, Bulls, and a casual Blackhawks fan (went to about two games a year.. will start going to more once I move back. Toews and Kane is going to be a beauty to watch).

I know this is all opinion based, but..

I don't find Bears fans intolerable. They're THE rival of the Packers, so of course there will be confrontation. I always make fun of Urlacher, and they return with Favre. Where would the fun be if we were a friendly rivalry? "Oh gee, Urlacher, that a was great try at hitting our quarterback! I was rooting for you! Good luck the rest of the year! Oh, and want to come to our potluck next Sunday after the game?" Fairweather? I don't see that one either. Bears fans are always Bears fans, but they're pretty realistic in my opinion. When they suck, the fans will say it, but they'll still cheer, especially against Green Bay.

Bulls fans? I don't know how you can say we're smug now. With Jordan, I guess I can see why you'd say that. It's similar to the Patriot fans right now. But Bulls fans now are/were just happy to have a team that played sound basketball. We appreciate how our team plays.. but right now, it's hard to cheer on a team that can't make a 2 v 0 basket.

I won't mention the Cubs..

Blah, I'd talk more, but you'd just say I'm biased blah blah.

I'll go back to drinking my Chimay.

FritzDontBlitz
12-03-2007, 10:23 AM

Maybe its because I've always held blue collar jobs, 17 years in the steel union and now 8 more in the autoworkers union. The respectful, knowledgable fans of the game tend to be a minority there. What I would usually run into is the "Favre got his ass kicked again I see!" guys who don't even know who Bob Avellini is. Or Bobby Douglass. They might remember Vince Evans. One coworker in particular would always show up dressed head to toe in Bears gear the Friday before a game. If they won he'd show up in more gear on Monday. If they lost, he wouldn't show up at all. One day we were debating Bears vs. Packers, and just out of curiosity I threw out the name of Bobby Douglass: he didn't know him. So I asked if he knew who Waymond (sp) Bryant was: he had no idea. I threw out a few more names, still no clue. So, finally I looked at this guy in his brand new Urlacher jersey and said "you know, its a shame a Packers fan knows your team's history better than you do." He was speechless.

Another guy I used to work with on a two man job would just go on and on about every Packers loss; nevermind the fact that the Bears have barely been .500 overall since Favre took over in Green Bay. He would gleefully remind me of every fumble, every pick, every penalty - over and over until I would have to just start ripping into his ass about how Favre has owned them since he got here. Even now, after I moved on to a new job the guy will still go out of his way to find me after a Packer loss, and I last worked with him in 1999. So, I guess you can say I have been socializing with the shallow end of the gene pool. I believe that ad or promo was created to cater to them and not the more respectful part of Chicago fandom.

swede
12-03-2007, 11:35 AM
If you're a fan of the game, you should respect the game -- and by extension, the players. Even if they are despicable people off the field, they are putting their bodies through hell for the amusement of others... It's disrespectful to the game (and to them) to cheer an injury.

I think everyone should get one exemption, and I'm trading in my "rooting for Bill Romanowski to break his big toe" exemption for a "hoping Tom Brady gets a testicle crushed" exemption.

3irty1
12-03-2007, 12:35 PM

Huh?

I've rarely met a respectable, decent Chicago sports fan. The Cubs fans would've publically crucified Bartman on a cross if they had the chance, although I suppose you have to keep your distance from a fan base that hasn't won in 100 years. Bulls fans are among the most smug jackasses in sports. I think many still think Jordan plays for them. Bears fans are intolerable and fair-weather.

If they were decent fans, they wouldn't tolerate shenanagans like this from their radio stations.

Cubs fans are comparable to Packers fans. What if one of our fans interfered with an important game and it cost us? You telling me you wouldn't call for his head?

Anyone who is die hard about the NBA seems like a smug jackass.

Of course its going to seem like there are tons of fair weather bears fans. They where horrible for as long as I can remember. They should be excited that they had a play off team for the last two years.

They could be worse. At least they didn't have an superstar asshole receiver who wore number 84 and attracted unknowledgeable, disrespectful, pink-hat fans.

The Leaper
12-03-2007, 01:08 PM
Cubs fans are comparable to Packers fans. What if one of our fans interfered with an important game and it cost us? You telling me you wouldn't call for his head?

No. It is a GAME. It isn't worth harm to anyone. I'm not going to be chanting for someone's death over naming a bear Mohammad either. Some people just need to breath in a paper bag for about a week and a half and come back to reality.

Chicago fans are notoriously fickle these days...outside of Cubs fans, but I don't think they are regular fans anymore. Thus the entire Bartman episode. I think Cubs fans EXPECT their team to LOSE. If they get anywhere close to winning, they have no idea how to handle themselves. I'm not sure that can be compared to Packer fans.

I think the fickleness comes from being such a huge city with plenty of transplants. Too many "bandwagon" fans who adopt the hometown team when they are winning. I'm sure there are great Bears fans out there...I just haven't met one.

The Leaper
12-03-2007, 01:09 PM
Anyone who is die hard about the NBA seems like a smug jackass.

I'll give you that one. Perhaps it isn't Bulls fans, but NBA fans in general that I find smug. Thank God I don't follow the NBA.

3irty1
12-03-2007, 02:19 PM

No. It is a GAME. It isn't worth harm to anyone. I'm not going to be chanting for someone's death over naming a bear Mohammad either. Some people just need to breath in a paper bag for about a week and a half and come back to reality.

Chicago fans are notoriously fickle these days...outside of Cubs fans, but I don't think they are regular fans anymore. Thus the entire Bartman episode. I think Cubs fans EXPECT their team to LOSE. If they get anywhere close to winning, they have no idea how to handle themselves. I'm not sure that can be compared to Packer fans.

I think the fickleness comes from being such a huge city with plenty of transplants. Too many "bandwagon" fans who adopt the hometown team when they are winning. I'm sure there are great Bears fans out there...I just haven't met one.

I wasn't surprised that he wasn't mister popularity. Its not like anyone in Chicago actually tried to kill him. That story could have happened anywhere.

The Leaper
12-03-2007, 03:20 PM
I wasn't surprised that he wasn't mister popularity. Its not like anyone in Chicago actually tried to kill him. That story could have happened anywhere.

I wouldn't be surprised that a fan said something like that. I am surprised a radio station did something like that. Most fans aren't cheering for injury, although some do. The radio station typically will cater to the MAJORITY, not the fanatic fringe. If the station is catering to that kind of mentality, what does that tell you?

Personally, I wouldn't listen to an outlet that cheers and belittles the injuries of my team's opponents. Would you? It is fine for fans to have playful banter. The KGB picture with Grossman is hilarious. I enjoy going to Cowboy forums as "Romosexual". As a fan, good natured banter is part of the experience.

I just don't expect it from those who have priviledged access to the team and that I expect more objective takes from.

FritzDontBlitz
12-03-2007, 05:50 PM

Bartmann was getting death threats after the incident.

3irty1
12-03-2007, 06:28 PM
Bartmann was getting death threats after the incident.

Yeah I know.

]{ilr]3
12-03-2007, 06:46 PM

Huh?

I cannot think of a single bears fan that I would consider being a decent fan. Nearly all of them never even acknowledged they were fans until a few years ago when they started to not suck completely. I remember these fat toothless hillbilly bitches actually wearing F--k Brett Favre-Go Bears t-shirts to work and their loser spouses yelling insults at me across the plant just for wearing a Packers hat.

BEARMAN
12-03-2007, 08:28 PM

TY ! 8-)

BEARMAN
12-03-2007, 08:30 PM
Seems like a good thread to post this picture:

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee20/joemailman25/downgoesrex.jpg

Are you saying that the pack are a bunch of homos ? Or is it the fans that post this garbage that are homos ? :shock: Either way, looks like there are homos in cheesehead land ! :twisted:

retailguy
12-03-2007, 08:34 PM
Maybe its because I've always held blue collar jobs, 17 years in the steel union and now 8 more in the autoworkers union. The respectful, knowledgable fans of the game tend to be a minority there. What I would usually run into is the "Favre got his ass kicked again I see!" guys who don't even know who Bob Avellini is. Or Bobby Douglass. They might remember Vince Evans. One coworker in particular would always show up dressed head to toe in Bears gear the Friday before a game. If they won he'd show up in more gear on Monday. If they lost, he wouldn't show up at all. One day we were debating Bears vs. Packers, and just out of curiosity I threw out the name of Bobby Douglass: he didn't know him. So I asked if he knew who Waymond (sp) Bryant was: he had no idea. I threw out a few more names, still no clue. So, finally I looked at this guy in his brand new Urlacher jersey and said "you know, its a shame a Packers fan knows your team's history better than you do." He was speechless.

Another guy I used to work with on a two man job would just go on and on about every Packers loss; nevermind the fact that the Bears have barely been .500 overall since Favre took over in Green Bay. He would gleefully remind me of every fumble, every pick, every penalty - over and over until I would have to just start ripping into his ass about how Favre has owned them since he got here. Even now, after I moved on to a new job the guy will still go out of his way to find me after a Packer loss, and I last worked with him in 1999. So, I guess you can say I have been socializing with the shallow end of the gene pool. I believe that ad or promo was created to cater to them and not the more respectful part of Chicago fandom.

Well, sorry to hear that you have to endure that. I guess I don't associate it with "blue collar" type jobs, though I suppose that perspective might be more prevalent in that environment. I worked in factories and for UPS as a college student, and didn't experience the same thing, however, I don't doubt what you say.

I think it's just a state of mind. Plain and simple. Happens in all sports, in all towns, with "just a few" fans. Some have more (Philadelphia, Oakland), some have less (Tampa, GB, Seattle (my experience)), but I think they are everywhere. Not to pick on Justin/Nick, but you see that state of mind displayed occasionally (or at least I think I do). Sometimes, as it did this time, it just gets under my skin.

Good to chat with you Fritz. Lets pray for a fellow "Packer fan" at your workplace. :wink:

motife
12-03-2007, 08:45 PM
Rex Grossman and his offensive linemen in pass protection mode :

http://x6f.xanga.com/d33d321465d30104911437/m74145627.jpg

motife
12-03-2007, 08:51 PM
Charles Martin after body slamming Jim McMahon :

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/140/360613281_3dcd28a239.jpg

motife
12-03-2007, 08:56 PM
per doctor's orders, Jim McMahon changes uniforms :

http://www2.jsonline.com/packer/arc/1207/image/mcmahon%20leaves%20filed.jpg

The Leaper
12-04-2007, 08:32 AM
Are you saying that the pack are a bunch of homos ? Or is it the fans that post this garbage that are homos ? :shock: Either way, looks like there are homos in cheesehead land ! :twisted:

Looks like there are a lot of takers in Bear land. You one of them, Bearman? Find a happy place?

woodbuck27
12-04-2007, 03:41 PM

That's just toooo sick!!

How's that working for da Bears Kharma wise?

Of course, what do ignorance and kharma have to do with one another?

Jerry Tagge
12-04-2007, 11:20 PM
The Score is run by sickos. They're classless even for a Chicago radio station.