PDA

View Full Version : Classless booing of Canadian anthem

digitaldean
05-15-2006, 12:13 AM
Not sure how many NHL fans out there, but heard some IDIOTS in San Jose booing the Canadian anthem tonight before the SJ - Edmonton game.

Can we just once drop this silliness? What an embarrassment. If you wish to boo the opposition, fine. But don't diss their home country. Obviously some of these Einsteins don't realize that they "probably' have a few Canadians on the San Jose squad.

To any Canadian Pack Rats...my apologies for a bunch of MORONS who have no class.

:evil:

MJZiggy
05-15-2006, 07:09 AM
I'm with you totally DDean. How can people be so stupid and disrespectful. I suppose now if they go into someone else's church for a ceremony, they'll be booing the officiant too?

Deputy Nutz
05-15-2006, 08:33 AM
Why does San Jose even have an actual pro sports team? I mean where the fuck is it?

Mad, tell me where the fuck San Jose is. Is it near the beach? Is it near LA? Is it located in New Mexico?

MadtownPacker
05-15-2006, 08:39 AM
Why does San Jose even have an actual pro sports team? I mean where the fuck is it?

Mad, tell me where the fuck San Jose is. Is it near the beach? Is it near LA? Is it located in New Mexico?Its about 1 hr South of SF.

Deputy Nutz
05-15-2006, 08:44 AM
Well then, if San Jose is actually in America, those people have the right to boo. That is why we live in America.

Guiness
05-15-2006, 09:14 AM
I've NEVER understood that - I mean, what's the point?

Especially with hockey, don't those puts' down there know that likely half the team was born in Canada??? Booing a players' native country's anthem can't be good for attracting free agents.

Oh well. California is so California centric, they likely don't even realize that Canada is another country.

Deputy Nutz
05-15-2006, 09:57 AM
For Canadian Football games do they play the USA National Anthem?

MadtownPacker
05-15-2006, 10:33 AM
Oh well. California is so California centric, they likely don't even realize that Canada is another country.
Hey, hey. I know that Canada is another country.

It's just not a very important one! :razz:

Guiness
05-15-2006, 10:36 AM

Hey, if it wasn't for us, the Packers wouldn't have a long snapper! :roll:

Little Whiskey
05-15-2006, 11:00 AM
i've got a little story to tell. now children sit down and listen up.

my dad has season tickets (milwaukee pkg) for the packers. one of the preseason games is called the midwest shrine game. the shriners are a sort of club that helps sick kids. think of the waterbuffalos from the flintstones. well anyway, every year they elect a shriner princess for the year. and parade her around the field. so they put this girl in the back of a convertable and proceed to drive her around the sidelines during halftime and introduce her and where she is from. well come to find out she is from chicago Ill. I don't think the fans boo'ed the opposing team as much as they boo'ed her ass. I had to chuckle at the immense dislike packer fans have for the state of ill. to boo a sick shriner princess!!

MadtownPacker
05-15-2006, 11:26 AM
Well at least they didnt throw stuff at her. :mrgreen:

Whoever promoted that should have known better!

Deputy Nutz
05-15-2006, 11:45 AM
I would throw a brick at her head. Get what she deserves!

:twisted:

Sparkey
05-15-2006, 11:51 AM
For Canadian Football games do they play the USA National Anthem?

No, but that might have something too do with the fact no teams are located in the US!

MJZiggy
05-15-2006, 01:38 PM

And hopefully a cannon of a punter!
On the other hand, if it weren't for us, CFL wouldn't have Onterrio or Ricky!!

hurleyfan
05-15-2006, 05:28 PM
Not sure how many NHL fans out there, but heard some IDIOTS in San Jose booing the Canadian anthem tonight before the SJ - Edmonton game.

Can we just once drop this silliness? What an embarrassment. If you wish to boo the opposition, fine. But don't diss their home country. Obviously some of these Einsteins don't realize that they "probably' have a few Canadians on the San Jose squad.

To any Canadian Pack Rats...my apologies for a bunch of MORONS who have no class.

:evil:Dean, this probably in response to last years game in Edmonton(maybe Quebec) when they bood the America Nat'l anthem.

There are no class fans in both America and Canada!

I live in New York, and every home game-mid 7th inning-for the Yankees they play God Bless America after a moment of silence for the folks in service around the world, and those who lost their lives serving thie Great Country, and there are still fucking assholes that don't stand to pay respect! If you don't like it here, get the fuck out!

Sorry, didn't mean to rant..

Scott Campbell
05-15-2006, 05:33 PM

See, you can say that and not get in any trouble at all. I say it, and get lectured for hours about how insensitive I am.

Scott Campbell
05-15-2006, 05:34 PM

We sure didn't hear much about that so-called cannon in the first minicamp.

MJZiggy
05-15-2006, 06:00 PM

We sure didn't hear much about that so-called cannon in the first minicamp.

That;s why I said "hopefully." :mrgreen:

MadtownPacker
05-15-2006, 07:21 PM

See, you can say that and not get in any trouble at all. I say it, and get lectured for hours about how insensitive I am.
You get to have mutiple wives so STFU!!!!!!!

I got away with that one too... :twisted:

GBRulz
05-15-2006, 07:37 PM
LOL the fans booed the Shriner Princess? Poor girl :cry:

HarveyWallbangers
05-15-2006, 08:31 PM

I believe that was in Montreal. Don't mistake the Frenchies with the good Canadians.
:D

It's classless, and it's gone both ways.

Interesting that politically Americans are pretty similar to the Canadians just north of them. You'll find Left Coast liberals in Quebec like you do in Boston and New York. Central Canada is pretty conservative like the prairies states in the USA. Western Canada has a mix of liberals (e.g. Vancouver, ala Seattle and San Fran) with conservatives in the Rockie Mtn regions (like Montana, Idaho, etc.).