PDA

View Full Version : Official Winner & Losers Week 13

MadtownPacker
12-03-2007, 12:14 PM
By Deputy Nutz
The Packers entered the game shorthanded on Thursday night and then lost the key cog to their offense when Brett Favre was knocked out of the game with a bruised Ulna and a separated left shoulder... READ MORE (http://www.packerrats.com)

oregonpackfan
12-04-2007, 12:56 AM
I would also include in the "losers" the Packers' defensive line. They put little pressure on Romo allowing him to sit in the pocket and wait for his receivers to get open. They had no sacks on Romo. Clearly, they missed KGB for pass-rushing.

The Leaper
12-04-2007, 08:57 AM
McCarthy deserves to be on the losers list as well. I don't know what the hell kind of offensive strategy that was we showed in the first quarter (bombs on 3rd and 1, numerous play-action fakes when the Cowboys weren't even thinking about biting on them) but it was a dumb one.

His scripted play calling was part of the reason we dug a big hole for ourselves early.

Deputy Nutz
12-04-2007, 01:40 PM
I usually don't put coaches on the list, but I am guessing that McCarthy wasn't pressuring Favre to throw it into double coverage.

KYPack
12-05-2007, 05:37 PM
Good article, Nutz.

It's hard to believe we 10 - 2 with an OLine and secondary playing at the level they are. We need some healthy guys back or we are hurting in those personnel groups

How'd you like Coston's insertion? Thought he added some push and toughness. Of course I applauded Colledge's demotion. The guy has been playing like dog shit for some time now.

The Leaper
12-05-2007, 06:51 PM
I usually don't put coaches on the list, but I am guessing that McCarthy wasn't pressuring Favre to throw it into double coverage.

No, I agree Favre is also at fault. I'm not trying to say Favre gets a pass and we should only dump on McCarthy.

However, as I point out, McCarthy's game plan was clearly flawed. He was the one who has ADMITTED to coming out with play-action and emphasizing the big play to his players prior to the game. He scripted it. He practiced it that week. When you have a gunslinger like Favre, that can be a recipe for disaster.

McCarthy should have noticed the Cowboys weren't biting on play-action and deviated from his script. He should have emphasized to Favre in the headset to look underneath. He didn't...and that is why I think McCarthy should be held accountable. When he did finally trash his game plan by way of necessity when Favre got hurt, things improved.

Should have happened well before we got into the 2nd quarter.

b bulldog
12-05-2007, 07:49 PM
I know what your saying but Brett threw the ball. Ultimately, Brett made the decision, not MM.

The Leaper
12-06-2007, 08:20 AM
I know what your saying but Brett threw the ball. Ultimately, Brett made the decision, not MM.

Again...Brett is fully to blame for his decision making. I'm not suggesting otherwise.

However, McCarthy is also to blame for his decision making. The offensive game plan was flawed. The Cowboys were not respecting the run, so utilizing play action was useless. Rather than recognize this and adjust, McCarthy continued to pound against a brick wall numerous times AFTER it was painfully clear the Cowboys could have cared less if we ran the ball.

If the other team is not respecting your play-action, why continue to call play-action plays?

Deputy Nutz
12-06-2007, 08:29 AM
Good article, Nutz.

It's hard to believe we 10 - 2 with an OLine and secondary playing at the level they are. We need some healthy guys back or we are hurting in those personnel groups

How'd you like Coston's insertion? Thought he added some push and toughness. Of course I applauded Colledge's demotion. The guy has been playing like dog shit for some time now.

When ever Junius "the doodlebug" Coston has to play, it tells you something about the quality of your offensive line. The level has play has dropped even from 2006, Colledge was a project coming out of Boise St. He had some nice talent, was not a reach in the second round, but he has been rushed from day one to play a position that he is not ever going to be comfortable with at guard. There is hope for him to play tackle, and he would be more athletic than Clifton or Tauscher, but that won't make him a better player than those two.

BF4MVP
12-06-2007, 11:21 AM
I agree with the winners and losers..

But can't you just post the article here instead of making us click two links to read it? :?