PDA

View Full Version : LIONS' WILLIAMS LIKELY OUT FOR SEASON

packers11
12-03-2007, 01:23 PM
pft.com

POSTED 1:27 p.m. EST, December 3, 2007

LIONS' WILLIAMS LIKELY OUT FOR SEASON by Michael David Smith

Lions wide receiver Roy Williams will likely miss the rest of the season with a knee injury.

Lions coach Rod Marinelli said at his weekly press conference today that Williams has a sprained posterior cruciate ligament in his right knee and will miss "several weeks."

Theoretically, Williams could miss the rest of the regular season and be back in time for the playoffs, but given the way the Lions have played in dropping from 6-2 to 6-6, we can probably just go ahead and say the Lions won't make the playoffs and we won't see Williams again until next season.

Although Williams leads the Lions in catches, yards and touchdowns, it's been a difficult season for him. Williams has hinted that he doesn't like offensive coordinator Mike Martz's play calling, and that he thinks he's being phased out of the offense in favor of rookie Calvin Johnson.

Williams caught five passes for 85 yards yesterday and was on his way to having one of his best games before he got hurt in the second quarter of the Lions' loss to the Vikings.

packers11
12-03-2007, 01:38 PM
huge blow for the lions... If Calvin has to step up, now is the time...

I don't see them making playoffs with that terrible D, no running game, and their top WR down with an injury...

I wonder whos going to get the last wild card spot...

The Leaper
12-03-2007, 01:40 PM
Not a big deal.

Detroit is well on its way to a regular season collapse of Viking proportions...so it is only proper that the Vikings benefit from it.

Williams could not have saved this season for Detroit. Matt Millen's failure continues to drag that team into the abyss.

I'm guessing WR again this year in the first round for the Lions. The first 8 WR set is the future hope of this team. Defense be damned.

The Leaper
12-03-2007, 01:42 PM
I wonder whos going to get the last wild card spot...

The Vikings have as good a shot as anyone. Does anyone want that #6 spot?

MJZiggy
12-03-2007, 01:55 PM
Did anyone see their game? I didn't and I'm just wondering how their offense performed without him the rest of the game...I don't want to count them out prematurely.

Bossman641
12-03-2007, 02:29 PM
Did anyone see their game? I didn't and I'm just wondering how their offense performed without him the rest of the game...I don't want to count them out prematurely.

I'm not sure it matters. They only ran the ball 7 times yesterday, that's ridiculous. Kitna is going to get killed.

BF4MVP
12-03-2007, 04:39 PM
Eh they ain't goin anywhere anyways..

KYPack
12-03-2007, 05:40 PM
They want Martz' head in Detroit.

Marenelli was smart to let him be the face of that O.

They just don't run the ball.

Rastak
12-03-2007, 06:52 PM
They want Martz' head in Detroit.

Marenelli was smart to let him be the face of that O.

They just don't run the ball.

Yup, all they did was throw it Sunday....something like 23 yards rushing for the day. Peterson had 80 in the second quarter on 10 carries.

4and12to12and4
12-03-2007, 08:18 PM
Not a big deal.

Detroit is well on its way to a regular season collapse of Viking proportions...so it is only proper that the Vikings benefit from it.

Williams could not have saved this season for Detroit. Matt Millen's failure continues to drag that team into the abyss.

I'm guessing WR again this year in the first round for the Lions. The first 8 WR set is the future hope of this team. Defense be damned.

I disagree, one win can turn a team around, and if they got there shit together they could be dangerous in the playoffs. This is great news for the division and their chances. Any team in the North have strengths that could propel them through the playoffs. So, I don't want any of them in there. Hate to see a guy get injured, but better them than us. Does anyone know how Chuck's toe is healing? And is Jolly gonna be healthy?