PDA

View Full Version : MNF PATS-RAVENS

packers11
12-03-2007, 08:10 PM
3-0 Pats lead...

Ravens are holding up on D...

Pretty impressive so far... Don't wanna jinx anything though...

GO RAVENS!!! :lol:

packers11
12-03-2007, 08:15 PM
7-3 ... RAVENS TD!!!

packers11
12-03-2007, 08:19 PM
The pats have no running game or choose not to go to it...

BIG sack taken by Brady with empty backfield... End of quarter, big third down next...

packers11
12-03-2007, 08:33 PM
10-3 Ravens lead...

Lurker64
12-03-2007, 08:35 PM
With any luck, Kyle Boller can have one of his rare brilliant games and the Ravens D can play tough for four quarters.

b bulldog
12-03-2007, 08:56 PM
The Pats need to start investing in theur run game more. First and goal from the one and all they do is pass. They are ripe for the upset as someone posted befoe last weeks game.

gbpackfan
12-03-2007, 09:05 PM
I can't believe Ed Reed fumbled after that INT. Damn, that sucked!

I want the Patriots to lose in the worst way.

Tom Brady sure is crying to refs a lot tonight.

packers11
12-03-2007, 09:07 PM
Brady is finally getting hit this game and he doesn't like the feel of it... :wink:

b bulldog
12-03-2007, 09:15 PM
he's been hit a bunch against Indy and Philly also.

packers11
12-03-2007, 09:26 PM
holy sh!t... W. McGahee is pounding the ball, what a good drive he had...

17-10... Ravens

packers11
12-03-2007, 09:48 PM
Pats drive up field... 17-17

Ravens drive back up field... Inside redzone...

McGahee is pumped up...

packers11
12-03-2007, 09:49 PM
24-17... Ravens lead...

Lurker64
12-03-2007, 09:50 PM
This is going to go back and forth, but with the way the Ravens have been able to run the ball and not give up cheap scores, I like their chances.

RashanGary
12-03-2007, 09:52 PM
Pats are not as good as the hype. They are very, very good but they are very, very beatable.

RashanGary
12-03-2007, 09:55 PM
Brady is a fucking statue. He can not move. When his line doesn't keep his completely spotless, there sin't much he can do.

RashanGary
12-03-2007, 09:56 PM
Have you ever seen Brady make a play hwere he did anything other than drop straight back, survey the field and throw the ball to an open WR with nobody around him?

That dlineman barely touched him and he went down like a little girl. WTF?

GrnBay007
12-03-2007, 09:56 PM
Brady is a fucking statue. He can not move.

Probably a good thing....you might get "bored" watching a QB that can move. :P :wink:

packers11
12-03-2007, 09:57 PM
Big stop for Ravens D...

If they can add another TD, this could be very interesting...

RashanGary
12-03-2007, 10:00 PM
What the hell was that? ?

RashanGary
12-03-2007, 10:01 PM
Even a field goal would have been nice. Sheesh.

packers11
12-03-2007, 10:01 PM
yea Boller just put the Pats right back into the game...

gbpackfan
12-03-2007, 10:04 PM
Billick has to call Boller over before that play and tell him to dunk it over the middle to get into position for a FG.

A screen pass was the right call there.

RashanGary
12-03-2007, 10:07 PM
That kiss that Billick blew to Harrison was priceless. What a prick :) I love it.

RashanGary
12-03-2007, 10:07 PM
The Ravens should get in a little huddle right now and get pumped up. Right now they have to come out and punch the Pats in the mouth. Run it down their throat, eat clock and go up by 10. Game would be damn near over.

RashanGary
12-03-2007, 10:10 PM
The Ravens need to get amped right now. Whoever is more phyical for these last 8 minutes is going to win. They have to just punch them in the throat right now. Take the wind out of them or they will do it to you.

Carolina_Packer
12-03-2007, 10:29 PM
Wow, that pick was the worst possible time for one. Sometimes you can throw one at the end of a half and it doesn't kill you (you never like them obviously), but this one could be like the AJ Feely pick last week.

I wonder if it was Boller or the actual call? Running the ball was working, but perhaps WG was out with leg cramps at that point. They really needed a FG in that spot.

Wow! Time out when they had them stopped....ouch!!!

Carolina_Packer
12-03-2007, 10:31 PM
4th and 6...shiite. Brady gets the first down, and a penalty to add 5 yards. Geez.

Scott Campbell
12-03-2007, 10:38 PM
Unbelieveable.

RashanGary
12-03-2007, 10:39 PM
hahaha, Ravens shot themselves in the foot. That looks like a catch, but it's hard to tell. The ball was almost loose.

FritzDontBlitz
12-03-2007, 10:40 PM
LOL

Fuckin refs.

There's no such thing as incidental contact in the NFL anymore. Any time a defensive back so much as touches a receiver downfield its an automatic penalty, even if the receiver initiates the contact - which Randy Moss does regularly.

Gaffney didn't have control of the ball as he stepped out of bounds either.

FritzDontBlitz
12-03-2007, 10:42 PM
The announcing crew are really dumping on the Ravens now.

I think the Ravens turn on Billick after tonight, even though the defensive coach called the timeout from the sidelines.

Tony Oday
12-03-2007, 10:43 PM
The nfl wants the Pats to go 16-0 for sure

Carolina_Packer
12-03-2007, 10:44 PM
What kind of clock management is this?

FritzDontBlitz
12-03-2007, 10:47 PM
The nfl wants the Pats to go 16-0 for sure

I agree. Both those illegal contact calls sucked. At least in the NBA they have an unwritten "let 'em play" rule at the end of close games.

Hard to believe, but the NFL is now a no contact sport.

And the announcing crew are attributing most of the "comeback" to the greatness of the Pats, although Jaworski did allude to the questionable officiating. Briefly.

Carolina_Packer
12-03-2007, 10:48 PM
Wow! 2 yard line. What a blown opportunity by Baltimore. They did a lot of things right, they just did the wrong things at the wrong time and paid.

Partial
12-03-2007, 10:49 PM
Terrible refing.

How can they possibly call that holding against Ben Watson but not throw the flag when the Oklahoma kid was getting mugged on that final reception. God, I hate the refs. NFL clearly wants a 16-0 Patriot team because those were some phantom calls imo

gbgary
12-03-2007, 10:49 PM
Wow! 2 yard line. What a blown opportunity by Baltimore. They did a lot of things right, they just did the wrong things at the wrong time and paid.

you catch that ball and throw it out of bounds and that stops the clock if there is any time left.

packers11
12-03-2007, 10:50 PM
I cannot believe that... LET THE DAMN PLAYERS PLAY!!!

RIPackerFan
12-03-2007, 10:50 PM
Karma's a bitch - and I think that the Pats are using up all of theirs.

I would like to think we have some Karma coming to us, with the consistent bad calls going against us.

It will be interesting down the stretch - next week against Pitt should be good.

SD GB fan
12-03-2007, 10:53 PM
Karma's a bitch - and I think that the Pats are using up all of theirs.

thats why the winless dolphins will beat the undefeated patriots in two weeks :P that should end all discussion of perfection and winless.

Bretsky
12-03-2007, 11:10 PM
If you don't want the flag, then don't do anything illegal. That was clearly pass interference; if you don't throw the flag on that you might as well not throw any

Partial
12-03-2007, 11:12 PM
He didn't do anything illegal. Not at all. What the Patriots did was illegal, yet they weren't flagged. Laughable.

4and12to12and4
12-03-2007, 11:18 PM
The refs blew this game. No way in hell did he have control of that ball in the end zone. You'd think the refs would want to give the underdog the call just for humanities sake even if it's close. Bastards. You know what's ironic, the refs fucked the Browns when Winslow got pushed out, and they didn't call it, costing them the game, then they blew the game for the Ravens, who used to be the Browns. Maybe refs just hate Cleveland and ex Cleveland teams. Weird irony. I hate zebras. With all the technology they have, they still get so much shit wrong, it's ridiculous. A buddy of mine thinks the whole thing is fixed, I'm starting to think he may have something. Why would the refs call these bs calls for a team that is stacked and doesn't need extra help from them, you'd think they'd want to help the team that is the huge underdog when a call could go either way, instead, they call bs calls to help the Great undefeated team out. Assholes. Well, my prediction that these three games starting with the Eagles were gonna bring the Pats back to earth is still looking like a good prediction, and I predicted they'd lose one of them, this should've been the one. F'n zebras. Pisses me off. At least we can see that this team can and I believe WILL be beaten. Hell, let 'em win all sixteen, as long as they lose in the playoffs that would be even better. They will not win the SB. Mark my words. They will be beaten in the postseason. They are not as good as their egos think they are. When a team can contain Moss like the last two weeks, and get pressure on Terrific Tom, they are very beatable, and the Packers IF HEALTHY match up better than any other NFL team against them defensively and offensively. We may be better off if they make the Superbowl instead of Indy. Their defense is overrated, they are slow and old, and we could get a good rush on Brady, and they won't be able to run on us. This may be our year.

I think I drank too many beers tonight.

packers11
12-03-2007, 11:26 PM
I agree the refs did hand the game to the Pats...

Bossman641
12-03-2007, 11:51 PM
Anyone see that dumpoff to Maroney in the left flat? Watson came from behind and just crushed Bart Scott in the back. It was right in front of the Ravens bench and they were going crazy. Maroney went for about 30-35 on the play. Watch SC, you should see it on there.

Freak Out
12-03-2007, 11:55 PM
The zebras fuck up every game....but Baltimore had it won...all they had to do was trust in the D and NOT call that stupid TO.

FritzDontBlitz
12-04-2007, 12:04 AM
The Ravens sidelines blew that game, the poorly timed timeout was just symbolic.

Even though Boller threw a pick put you can't just shut down your passing game. You have to have enough confidence in your QB to let him throw rather than keep trying to run against an 8 man front, especially when McGahee is fighting thigh cramps the entire 4th quarter.

mmmdk
12-04-2007, 06:08 AM
God said to zebras: don't touch Brady, Brady!

I never said this before about the NFL but after numerous cheating scandals in soccer, in Italy, Germany & England plus the NBA ref that got caught - I no longer find it a longshot that NFL refs rig games. And this game wasn't even the worst this season.

Partial
12-04-2007, 10:17 AM
The Ravens sidelines blew that game, the poorly timed timeout was just symbolic.

Even though Boller threw a pick put you can't just shut down your passing game. You have to have enough confidence in your QB to let him throw rather than keep trying to run against an 8 man front, especially when McGahee is fighting thigh cramps the entire 4th quarter.

Yeah. I cannot believe how many times they came up huge on 3rd and 4th down only to have a timeout called or some BS penalty. That was a ridiculous end to the game and now I 100% believe the NFL wants the Pats to win. That final play was an absolute mugging. Should have been Ravens ball on the 2 kicking a FG

oregonpackfan
12-04-2007, 10:20 AM
One of the most frustrating things about this game is thinking about the cliche "Good teams find a way to win."

Though the Ravens played an intense, spirited game, the superior talent of the Patriots eventually prevailed. I am hardly a supporter of the Patriots though I admit they are a highly talented team.

The Leaper
12-04-2007, 10:29 AM
Yeah. I cannot believe how many times they came up huge on 3rd and 4th down only to have a timeout called or some BS penalty. That was a ridiculous end to the game and now I 100% believe the NFL wants the Pats to win. That final play was an absolute mugging. Should have been Ravens ball on the 2 kicking a FG

I didn't see one thing wrong with the refs at the end of that game.

The timeout Baltimore called wasn't the fault of the zebras. The DC for the Ravens was CLEARLY calling for a timeout before Brady even got under center.

The holding call on the second 4th down was legit...there was no reason for the Ravens player to grab jersey (a HUGE no-no) when he clearly had deep help from the safeties. On 4th down, I'd rather be beat by the other team making a play than by just giving them the first down on an easy to spot holding call.

The TD catch was debateable...but after being ruled a TD on the field, I saw nothing in the replays that would convince me you could overturn it. It was a close call...and one that replay could never overturn what was called.

The final play? The Ravens got mugged? Are you kidding me? It was the Ravens receiver who didn't make the catch that was mugging the Patriot defenders...practically tackling one of them. It should've been OFFENSIVE pass interference, if anything.

The Ravens self-destructed...as usual. Horrible INT late by Boller when Baltimore could've all but ended the game with another score. Eliminating all chance of a tying FG by picking up a ref's flag and tossing it into the stands.

Sorry...you aren't going to win me over that this was the fault of the refs. The Ravens have been self-destructing all year like this. They have no one to blame but themselves.

packers11
12-04-2007, 11:19 AM
Rolle said today in an interview that one of the refs was talking shit to him... callin him a "little boy and told him to shut up" multiple times...

^ I guess Bart Scott heard the ref and got extremely angry ...

Talking about double standards... Whichever ref was taunting the Ravens should be fined...

MadtownPacker
12-04-2007, 11:52 AM
Rolle said today in an interview that one of the refs was talking shit to him... callin him a "little boy and told him to shut up" multiple times...

^ I guess Bart Scott heard the ref and got extremely angry ...

Talking about double standards... Whichever ref was taunting the Ravens should be fined...I read where the ravens where telling the refs they had never played football. Turns out the one that called rolle a boy played a few years in the NFL.

Before the racism talk starts it should be noted that the ref was Black also.

-----------------------------------------------------------
http://myespn.go.com/profile/hashmarks?tag=patriots-ravens

Ravens cornerback Samari Rolle was particularly upset with the officiating tonight. He was upset with more than what he perceived to be incorrect calls. He was upset at how officials treated Ravens players in this game. He singled out head linesman Phil McKinnely for using disrespectful language.

"The refs called me a boy. No. 110 called me a boy. I will be calling my agent in the morning and sending my complaint. I have a wife and three kids. Don't call me a boy. Don't call me a boy on the field during a game because I said, 'You've never played football before.' "

Official No. 110 is Byron "Phil" McKinnely, who played for three NFL teams (Atlanta, the Los Angeles Rams and Chicago) during the 1970s and 1980s. He also apparently played in the USFL. See also: 1, 2, 3, 4.

Update from John Clayton: NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said Tuesday the league is looking in to the situation.

LL2
12-04-2007, 11:55 AM
One thing is for sure, the Patriots are showing they are beatable. The Steelers are a good team and will have a good chance of winning this weekend. I hope they do, because no one after the Steelers will beat the Patriots.

mraynrand
12-04-2007, 12:13 PM
I've never seen such a collection of crazy circumstances all going in one teams' favor to let them win a game. When is the last game you saw where a team survived three fourth downs to win? That being said, I thought the refs making flawed calls was a relatively minor contribution to the debacle. They could have called an illegal block on Faulks' long run and could have let either the pass interference or the illegal motion calls go. The especially annoying call was the illegal motion of the Pats. That was a very ticky-tack call and absolutely saved the Patsies. The interference call was technically correct, although I'm not sure how much it really impeded the TE.

The one thing that cheers me up is that even though the Patsies won, Brian Billick lost - and that's always a nice thing to see. Hey Billick, blow us a kiss!

http://site.steelcityauctions.com/billick.jpg

mraynrand
12-04-2007, 12:16 PM
Hi there, you don't know me, but I'm an offensive genius!

http://www.joesportsfan.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/billickbrian.jpg

mraynrand
12-04-2007, 12:19 PM
http://ballhype.com/story/brian_billick_blows_rodney_harrison_a_kiss/

Harlan Huckleby
12-04-2007, 01:24 PM
Before the racism talk starts it should be noted that the ref was Black also.

Then the ref knew perfectly well what he was doing. He was taunting the player with the old "boy" word. I think it really sucked and hope the ref is fined. Take away half his salary for working the game - $50.

Harlan Huckleby
12-04-2007, 01:27 PM
Is anybody surprised that the Patriots won? I saw a team keeping its cool and making smart decisions, keeping themselves in the game.

I didn't see any call where the Ravens got screwed. Other than the bobbled touchdown catch, and that error was made on the field in a split second, not by the replay booth. There wasn't clear video evidence to overturn, even though it was probably not a catch.

swede
12-04-2007, 01:37 PM
Is anybody surprised that the Patriots won? I saw a team keeping its cool and making smart decisions, keeping themselves in the game.

I didn't see any call where the Ravens got screwed. Other than the bobbled touchdown catch, and that error was made on the field in a split second, not by the replay booth. There wasn't clear video evidence to overturn, even though it was probably not a catch.

Nobody loathes the Patriots more than I do, but the Ravens were not jobbed by anyone but themselves.

The Ravens had it in the bag and by the 10 minute mark in the 4th quarter had three main ways to win; make a flipping damned first down, score one more time, or prevent the Pats from scoring for ten lousy minutes.

The Patriots could have been beaten last night. The unfortunate time-out and the pathetic offense robbed the Raven defense of a win. The Patriots are good enough to win any game if you give them four chances in the fourth quarter. The reffing was the usual lousy, but otherwise not a factor.

packers11
12-04-2007, 02:05 PM
NFL INVESTIGATING ROLLE'S "BOY" CLAIM by Michael David Smith

The Associated Press reports that the NFL is investigating Ravens cornerback Samari Rolle's claim that one of the on-field officials repeatedly addressed him as "boy" during Monday night's game.

"The refs called me a boy," Rolle said. "No. 110 called me a boy."

The official who wears No. 110 is Phil McKinnely, a 54-year-old fifth-year head linesman who played in the NFL from 1976 to 1982 with the Falcons, Rams and Bears. McKinnely, like Rolle, is black.

In a post-game interview shown on ESPN, Ravens receiver Derrick Mason also said, "You should have heard some of the verbal blasts we were taking from the refs." Mason did not specify which officials he was referring to.

Rolle said he and his agent would file a complaint with the league.

MJZiggy
12-04-2007, 02:12 PM
The refs are there to do a job. And an impartial one at that. Professional behavior is to be expected and there's absolutely no excuse for any ref to be anything but respectful to any of the players he's working with. That goes for all sports from pee wee through professional. No excuse. Ever.

Partial
12-04-2007, 02:23 PM
I am not normally one to blame the refs but the Ravens were robbed. How can that last play not be pass interference, even if you throw out the several other garbage calls giving the Pats automatic first downs.

It should be a tied game going into overtime. It should be 1st down on the 2 with one snap left even though time was expired. Screw job.

Bossman641
12-04-2007, 02:32 PM
I am not normally one to blame the refs but the Ravens were robbed. How can that last play not be pass interference, even if you throw out the several other garbage calls giving the Pats automatic first downs.

It should be a tied game going into overtime. It should be 1st down on the 2 with one snap left even though time was expired. Screw job.

What are you talking about? If that play was anything it was pass interference on Mason. He came through like a bowling ball knocking people out of the way, then he grabbed Samuel and held him from jumping. Not sure what you're seeing.

The Leaper
12-04-2007, 02:58 PM

You are crazy. The Ravens receiver was clearly the one initiating contact and preventing Patriot defenders from jumping for the ball, which was why the Ravens even caught the ball in the first place.

Are you sure you aren't color blind?

Partial
12-04-2007, 03:27 PM
I will give you that I only saw the play once, but I saw a boatload of contact and immediately thought defensive pass interference. After seeing the powderpuff holds being called against Baltimore, any contact at all outside of 5 yards should have been called. BS.

KYPack
12-04-2007, 03:52 PM

Nobody loathes the Patriots more than I do, but the Ravens were not jobbed by anyone but themselves.

The Ravens had it in the bag and by the 10 minute mark in the 4th quarter had three main ways to win; make a flipping damned first down, score one more time, or prevent the Pats from scoring for ten lousy minutes.

The Patriots could have been beaten last night. The unfortunate time-out and the pathetic offense robbed the Raven defense of a win. The Patriots are good enough to win any game if you give them four chances in the fourth quarter. The reffing was the usual lousy, but otherwise not a factor.

That timeout was brutal. That was real "Un- Rex Ryan" thing to do. He's a line 'em up and get 'em kind of a DC. I really didn't get what he was trying to do.

There is another trend that is disturbing. A lack of professionalism by the various crews. If Pete Rozelle and Art McNally were running the railroad, this kind of shit wouldn't be happening. All you have to do is call 'em all in and have a hell-fire pep talk with all the refs. Explain to them how easy it is to get a new reffing crew.

Goddell impresses me less and less as his regime rolls on. This is a basic and should be handled quickly. These incidents keep happening and are easy to fix.

b bulldog
12-04-2007, 04:44 PM
The best thing that could happen to the Pats if you are a Pats fan is for them to lose a game and have all the pressure of an unbeaten season go away. This team is playing no where near what they were earlier in the season.

RashanGary
12-04-2007, 04:47 PM
The best thing that could happen to the Pats if you are a Pats fan is for them to lose a game and have all the pressure of an unbeaten season go away. This team is playing no where near what they were earlier in the season.

haha, that's an understatement. Maybe their shipment of HGH ran out and their age is catching up to them. I guess there are some pretty big east coast stings going down.

They are in trouble this week. Pittsburgh has a ruthless, confusing pass rush with guys who can really put the hurt on Brady. He's been getting beat around more than I ever remember (maybe that is them not having the pass rush signals any longer and getting their protection fixed presnap).

An old team coming off a short week deosn't fare so good against a young team coming off a normal week. The Pats will surely be the favorite, but I like Pittsburghs chances in this one. I could see Brady taking some big shots.

b bulldog
12-04-2007, 04:54 PM
If they get beat during the regular season, this will be it. The Steelers are not very good at the moment but everyone that is playing the Pats is bringing their A game. Brady has been getting hit a lot but he is a tough QB but they do need to start running the ball more. Ist and goal from the one, start throwing? :shock: Maroney has been a disappointment in NE this season but run the damn ball in. The refs did not blow last nights game, the Ravens themselves did. They should have won the game last night.

MadtownPacker
12-04-2007, 07:56 PM
If the refs where gonna talk shit to anyone it should have been brady's bitch ass!!

He was yelling and crying at the refs all night long anytime him or a a pass hit the ground. It is exactly what I was told he acted like in San Mateo in high school. A self-righteous, egotistic prick.

packers11
12-04-2007, 08:43 PM
If the refs where gonna talk shit to anyone it should have been brady's bitch ass!! He was yelling and crying at the refs all night long anytime him or a a pass hit the ground.

I can't stand him crying after every play... After he got intercepted he was crying to the REF, someone should have just OBLILERATED HIM and lifted him right off his feet (on a block of course)...

I thought Manning was bad, but Brady puts him to shame in this category...