PDA

View Full Version : favre/romo joke...

gbgary
12-04-2007, 02:02 PM
got this e-mail today from one of the 'boy fans i work with...

Brett Favre, after living a full life died. When he got to heaven, God was showing him around. They came to a modest house with a faded Packers’
flag in the window. “This house is yours for eternity, Brett” said God. “This is very special, not everyone gets a house up here.” Brett felt special indeed, and walked up to his house. On his way up to the porch he noticed another house just around the corner. It was a 3 story mansion with a blue and silver sidewalk. It had a 50 ft. flagpole with an enormous Dallas Cowboys flag, and in every window a Cowboys silver star. Brett looked at God and said, “God, I’m not trying to be ungrateful, but I have a question. I was an All-Pro quarterback, I won a Super Bowl, 3 MVPs and I even got into the Hall of Fame.” God said, “So what do you want to know, Brett?” “Well, why does Tony Romo get a better house than me?” God chuckled and said, “Brett, that’s not Tony Romo’s house, it’s mine.

this won't stop until we beat them in the playoffs this year. http://www.ranger-forums.com/forum2/images/smilies/wink.gif

PlantPage55
12-04-2007, 02:41 PM
That's an oldie, but a goodie.

I've heard it told as God having a Packers-mansion and John Elway asking why Brett got the bigger house. It's totally interchangeable.

cheesner
12-04-2007, 02:48 PM
When Landry died a few years back, I heard it for the first time. It was Lombardi's house. No telling how old this one is. 'When Paul got to heaven he noticed John the Baptist's house and asked . . .'

Ask your friend to note that God wanted Brett to live next door. Romo probably had a small apt on the lower east side of heaven.

mmmdk
12-04-2007, 04:58 PM
Yeah but I wanna know who rewrites these stories...?

retailguy
12-04-2007, 05:52 PM
Yeah but I wanna know who rewrites these stories...?

Someone with a lot more time than you.... :wink:

He probably lives in a park in Amsterdam.... :shock: :P

Jimx29
12-04-2007, 07:29 PM
Yeah but I wanna know who rewrites these stories...?12 yr olds who crack their Moms AOL password

Iron Mike
12-05-2007, 06:50 AM
That joke gets recycled as much as the Pope and the shark fishermen story. :roll: