PDA

View Full Version : Trade either 85 or 80 for Moss??

b bulldog
12-04-2007, 04:49 PM
Just was wondering how everyone feels about Moss now. Moss started the year as the good Moss and now is beginning to look like the same ol'Moss. He can now be seen running his routes half speed and his hands get very shakey when he gets roughed up. Personally, I'm glad we didn't get him cause his attitude wouldn't be good for our young team. I wouldn't trade either of our starters for Moss.

Badgepack
12-04-2007, 04:52 PM
Just was wondering how everyone feels about Moss now. Moss started the year as the good Moss and now is beginning to look like the same ol'Moss. He can now be seen running his routes half speed and his hands get very shakey when he gets roughed up. Personally, I'm glad we didn't get him cause his attitude wouldn't be good for our young team. I wouldn't trade either of our starters for Moss. :bclap:

RashanGary
12-04-2007, 04:55 PM
Moss is the greatest WR I've ever seen play. Maybe not 85 becuase of Moss's age, but I'd take Moss over Driver (assmuming his knees checked out) and for one year I'd take Moss over WR that I've ever seen play. There is no excuse for not using Moss. Jeff George, Randal Cunningham and Dante Culpepper looked like Dan Marino, Warren Moon and Johnny Unitas when they had Moss. Brady looks like Manning (with the cold blood that he's always had). Moss changes the whole defense. He makes everything predictable for the QB even if he doesn't catch the ball.

Badgepack
12-04-2007, 04:58 PM
Personally, I'm glad we didn't get him cause his attitude wouldn't be good for our young team. I wouldn't trade either of our starters for Moss.

:bclap:

MJZiggy
12-04-2007, 05:09 PM
Not a chance I'd trade either one. I just don't see how Moss catches any better than either of them and I'd take Jennings' ability to gain yards with the ball in his hands now, and I would have at the beginning of the season too. Moss is good but I like our boys and their chemistry as well as their ability.

mmmdk
12-04-2007, 05:14 PM
Not a chance I'd trade either one. I just don't see how Moss catches any better than either of them and I'd take Jennings' ability to gain yards with the ball in his hands now, and I would have at the beginning of the season too. Moss is good but I like our boys and their chemistry as well as their ability.

I kinda agree; I wanted Moss but something tells me that our WR group is special plus I might even take Wes Welker - if I had to choose a non Packers WR.

Lastly, the Pats can only be stopped at Gillette stadium in bad weather - and I hope it's in the playoffs..

MTPackerfan
12-04-2007, 05:16 PM
I agree with the no trader opinion. Driver and Jennings are playing well. You don't know what Moss would be like in Green Bay, would his attitude change if things didn't go his way? Would he kill the locker room? Why would NE trade him anyway? We would have to give them more than one player.

BallHawk
12-04-2007, 05:48 PM
I wouldn't trade #82 for Moss, that's for certain. :mrgreen:

:wink:

retailguy
12-04-2007, 05:50 PM
I wouldn't trade #82 for Moss, that's for certain. :mrgreen:

:wink:

I wouldn't trade a new box of baseball cards for Randy Moss, but, lets try this one on....

There must be a quality Patriots fan somewhere.... Lets see if we can find one, and we'll swap Justin/Nick for him, and then J/N can post that Tom Brady should retire because he's bored of him.... :P

Pacopete4
12-04-2007, 05:55 PM
we all try to give reasons why our WR core is special and for a west coast team they are.. YAC is amazing this year, but the thing thats different for us to the Pats, Cowboys and Colts is they have pure playmakers.. and we really dont

MJZiggy
12-04-2007, 06:15 PM
we all try to give reasons why our WR core is special and for a west coast team they are.. YAC is amazing this year, but the thing thats different for us to the Pats, Cowboys and Colts is they have pure playmakers.. and we really dont

I don't buy that for a second.

The Shadow
12-04-2007, 07:00 PM
I like team chemistry; think it plays a huge part in overall success, and would not start screwing around with it at this point.

Harlan Huckleby
12-04-2007, 07:00 PM
how about a 4th round draft pick? a third?

Moss was available relatively cheap.

MJZiggy
12-04-2007, 07:03 PM
Moss was available relatively cheap.

So was Jones...

mraynrand
12-04-2007, 07:08 PM
Just was wondering how everyone feels about Moss now.

Here's how Randy Moss feels about Packer fans:
http://www.commondreams.org/headlines05/images/0110-05.jpg

Here's how I feel about Moss (and never changed my mind even thought Favre wanted him):

http://www.packerpalace.com/blog/moss-eagles-owned2.jpg

Freak Out
12-04-2007, 07:11 PM
I wouldn't trade either one for Moss....I would pay Moss a few million as a FA to come to GB.
I would trade Fergy for him though. That's where TT failed...he was never able to work that Fergy for Moss trade out.

MadtownPacker
12-04-2007, 08:04 PM
I was a bigtime supporter of tradiing for moss in the offseason but I now I thnk it worked out for the better. The young guys that are playing now still haven't hit their prime and moss would have took valuable playing experience from them.

The Pack WRs are likely the best set in the NFL anyways.

The Leaper
12-04-2007, 09:55 PM
Personally, I'm glad we didn't get him cause his attitude wouldn't be good for our young team. I wouldn't trade either of our starters for Moss.

We don't know how his attitude would affect the team.

The deal wasn't trading either Driver or Jennings...or Jones, Martin or Robinson for that matter...to get Moss.

If you didn't recognize the threat that Owens presented the other night...and why that is something that makes Dallas a better overall offense than ours...then I don't know what to tell you.

Did we need to get Moss? No. Can we say with certainty that our team is better off without him? I don't think so. Maybe...maybe not.

I do agree that I'm happy with the production from the receivers we have, and the Moss issue seems to be a moot issue at this point.

Partial
12-04-2007, 09:57 PM

Greg Jennings will usher that in as a challenge.

Bretsky
12-04-2007, 09:57 PM

We don't know how his attitude would affect the team.

The deal wasn't trading either Driver or Jennings...or Jones, Martin or Robinson for that matter...to get Moss.

If you didn't recognize the threat that Owens presented the other night...and why that is something that makes Dallas a better overall offense than ours...then I don't know what to tell you.

Did we need to get Moss? No. Can we say with certainty that our team is better off without him? I don't think so. Maybe...maybe not.

I do agree that I'm happy with the production from the receivers we have, and the Moss issue seems to be a moot issue at this point.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Jerry Tagge
12-04-2007, 11:24 PM
Why would New England trade Moss?

MJZiggy
12-04-2007, 11:31 PM
they wouldn't. I believe the dog was speaking hypothetically to get us to rethink our rabid stance from the beginning of the season.

Jerry Tagge
12-04-2007, 11:38 PM
OK, but I don't recall the Packers offering Driver or Jennings for Moss. I know Oakland wanted Jennings, but TT wouldn't part with him.

The only player the Packers supposedly offered was Aaron Rodgers. I'm glad they didn't trade him considering his performance at Dallas. I feel better about the QB situation thanks to his play.

Oh, and, of course, because Craig Nall is back! :mrgreen:

run pMc
12-05-2007, 10:11 AM
I thought Moss was on a 1 yr contract. If that's true, then (given we're way past the trading deadline) it's pointless to speculate...for this year. Now, if I'm wrong or if NE resigns him and then tried to trade him next year...I probably still wouldn't take him.

DD is way more fearless over the middle and has a pretty good chemistry with Favre. He's probably entering the downside of his career, but so is Moss. GJ is an up-and-coming player. Both GJ & DD have shown some playmaking ability, although not in the Moss category. And JJ has shown enough (40+ catches so far) to keep around. What they need is that deep-route speed guy. You think NE would take Ruvell and KoRo for Moss? ;)

I guess it depends on what NE wanted for Moss; right now, he's got something like 17 TDs so it wouldn't be cheap. What would you give up for an aging, moody, super-talented WR with iffy hamstrings?
I think if TT had a crystal ball he might have pulled the trigger -- a productive & motivated Moss to go with DD, GJ, and Koren would be a scary. Getting JJ instead isn't exactly a bad thing...he's shown enough to make me think he can become a good #2 WR.

packers11
12-05-2007, 01:58 PM
PFT

POSTED 10:14 a.m. EST; UPDATED 10:23 a.m. EST, December 5, 2007

MOSS SECRETLY DINGED UP?

We need to be clear from the outset on this one. It's not hard news. It's not a rumor. It's just our take on what we think might be happening, in light of what we know about Randy Moss.

With a couple of consecutive subpar games from Mr. Moss, we're wondering whether he might secretly be dealing with a nagging ankle problem that has plagued him on and off for years.

He originally sprained the ankle playing pick-up basketball in the days after he was drafted by the Vikings in 1998. Since then, there have been periodic references to it, and suggestions at times of a possible need for surgery -- and of the potential development of arthritis.

Now that Moss is on the wrong side of 30, it could be that the ankle is bothering him again.

Indeed, the table was set for Moss to have a huge game against the Ravens, especially after ESPN's Ron Jaworski called him out for taking plays off in the prior week's game against the Eagles. In the past, Moss would come out in such situations with a boulder on his shoulder and prove his doubters wrong.

This time? Four catches for 34 yards.

And if Moss can't perform like he did earlier in the season, then maybe the Pats really could be vulnerable in January. Without the "other 81" drawing double coverage, Wes Welker won't be able to roam free from the slot. And a running game that's rarely used with only seven in the box suddenly will see eight-man fronts from time to time.

So pay close attention to Moss. If he's not at 100 percent, the Patriots won't be, either.

TheRaven
12-05-2007, 03:47 PM

What indeed is YAC if it is not to be used as a measure of 'making plays'?

I do think those that are saying they wouldn't trade for Moss no matter what are being a bit foolish. We never would have had to trade Driver or Jennings for Moss so that should not be the question. We could have acquired him basically at the cost of James Jones. While I like Jones and his potential, our offense running with a healthy and motivated Moss, along with Driver and Jennings would nearly be unstoppable.

At the time of the draft, I was glad we didnt trade for him. I have since been able to recognize that I was wrong.

The Leaper
12-05-2007, 04:09 PM
I don't think the recent production of Moss suggests an injury. I just think Philly and Baltimore played an aggressive defense that went after the QB and did not allow Brady time to sit in the pocket and make plays down the field to Moss. They also were a little more aggressive at hitting Moss in the first 5 yards to throw off timing and not allowing an easy release into the secondary.

I expect the Pats to alter their offensive strategy a little for the Steelers game.

b bulldog
12-05-2007, 04:59 PM
It is a hypothetical people :roll: I was just wondering if anyone would trade either of our starters for Moss. Moss won't be a Pat next year cause they won't have the cap room to keep him.