PDA

View Full Version : NW Storms

Freak Out
12-04-2007, 05:02 PM
Hey OPF,
My parents are spending the winter out at Manzanita and really appreciate the Sat phone I got them a few years ago. :lol:
I finally heard from them yesterday after a couple of days of silence...they forgot they even had the damn thing!

LL2
12-04-2007, 07:13 PM
CNN has the attached article about flooding in Portland, OR

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/US/weather/12/04/winter.storms.ap/index.html

Flooding, fires...what's next?

Freak Out
12-04-2007, 07:24 PM
Damn....I have a bunch of family (cousins) in Centralia...my mother was born there. I have a brother and sister that both live in Portland and both live in fairly "dry" areas.
I'll take the cold and the snow anytime.

oregonpackfan
12-04-2007, 10:25 PM
The 2 storms which hit the Pacific Northwest had the strongest effects on the small towns along the coast. There has been heavy winds over 100 mph., torrential rains, and flooding.

I live about 75 minutes from the coast. Our winds, rains, and flooding in the Portland Metro area has been about 1/3 the intensity that the coastal areas received.

The Tillamook County, Oregon area the article mentioned has 5 rivers in a relative small amount of area.

Venronia, OR in the picture had over 14" of rain!

The I-5 highway, which connects Washington, Oregon, and California was actually closed south of Olympia, WA because of flooding. That led to massive traffic jams.

We actually had a couple hours of blue sky today!