PDA

View Full Version : Rodgers hurt, may miss 1-2 weeks

cuqui
12-05-2007, 02:30 PM
from the GBPG blog:

Insider Blog
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
Injury update
It turns out quarterback Aaron Rodgers has a hamstring injury and could miss a week or two. That was the reason Rodgers left practice after only one period earlier today.

Coach Mike McCarthy said Rodgers sustained the injury on the last play of Tuesday's practice.

With Brett Favre limited to only a few throws early in practice, No. 3 quarterback Craig Nall took all of the team reps. Nall was signed on Saturday and likely will serve as the primary back on Sunday against the Raiders.

McCarthy said Favre is expected to take more passing reps tomorrow.

The Leaper
12-05-2007, 02:35 PM
Just when he starts to look like the future of the franchise...he hurts himself in PRACTICE.

Did he cut his hair yet? Perhaps he is like Sampson. Leave the hair long, young jedi.

Lurker64
12-05-2007, 02:43 PM
Good thing we have Craig Nall!

Patler
12-05-2007, 02:45 PM
Kind of borders on the unbelievable.

I know! Its all a fabrication to take the heat off MM for starting Favre just to keep the streak alive! :roll: :roll:

packinpatland
12-05-2007, 02:46 PM
He was looking alittle too David Carr-like with his hair.

Let's just hope Brett can play the full game.

Patler
12-05-2007, 02:54 PM
Let's just hope Brett can play the full game.

Let's just hope Favre doesn't HAVE to play the full game. A 4 or 5 TD lead going into the 4th qtr would be nice!

mmmdk
12-05-2007, 03:13 PM
Hmm...not the first hammy among Packer players this season but most were in training camp.

Bad luck for Packers, bad luck for Rodgers.

mmmdk
12-05-2007, 03:16 PM
Smells like 2002 where injuries piled up in december; sure hope not.

Cheesehead Craig
12-05-2007, 04:01 PM
Crap. If Favre gets hurt again during the game, we're doomed against Oakland.

hoosier
12-05-2007, 04:09 PM
Jesus H Christ, not again. Maybe Rodgers caught whatever Will Blackmon has. Or maybe Rodgers's frailty is just restoring the cosmic imbalance created by Favre's durability.

LL2
12-05-2007, 04:24 PM
TT better draft a QB next year for insurance. How about Chase Daniel from Mizzou? Rodgers needs to figure out how to stay healthy.

BF4MVP
12-05-2007, 04:29 PM
Not a big deal, really..If he misses extended time due to injury once he becomes the starter, THEN I'll be worried.

MJZiggy
12-05-2007, 04:35 PM
from the GBPG blog:

Insider Blog
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
Injury update
It turns out quarterback Aaron Rodgers has a hamstring injury and could miss a week or two. That was the reason Rodgers left practice after only one period earlier today.

Coach Mike McCarthy said Rodgers sustained the injury on the last play of Tuesday's practice.

With Brett Favre limited to only a few throws early in practice, No. 3 quarterback Craig Nall took all of the team reps. Nall was signed on Saturday and likely will serve as the primary back on Sunday against the Raiders.

McCarthy said Favre is expected to take more passing reps tomorrow.

So much for Rodgers' Iron Man streak...

Kiwon
12-05-2007, 04:40 PM
All is lost...all is lost...not.

Relax, the Pack will be fine with Favre or Nall, if need be.

oregonpackfan
12-05-2007, 04:43 PM
Geez,

With Rodgers out, maybe TT should consider trading next year's first and second round draft picks for Rex Grossman! :lol:

KYPack
12-05-2007, 05:15 PM
Jeeezus.

We got the iron man and the china doll in the QB spots on this club, eh?

mmmdk
12-05-2007, 07:48 PM
With the state of the Packer OL; Favre will be hit a lot vs Raiders. I'd rather have Rodgers than Nall as backup. Rodgers needs to take better care of himself; hammies can be avoided if smart.

Rastak
12-05-2007, 07:56 PM
Jeeezus.

Kind of....LOL.....he's missed more games than Favre.....

MJZiggy
12-05-2007, 07:59 PM
Jeeezus.

But he hasn't missed a start yet!!!

Rastak
12-05-2007, 08:00 PM
Jeeezus.

But he hasn't missed a start yet!!!

True dat.

MadtownPacker
12-05-2007, 08:40 PM
He is useless if he can't play. Every time he has played he gets hurt. I know it was at practice this time but I bet last Thursday had a lot to do with it. Im starting to think it's best to part ways with Rodgers. If this happens when he plays 1 game what about 16? If he can be traded for something good, do it.

Carolina_Packer
12-05-2007, 09:47 PM
Man, what's it gotta be like to be Rodgers when the guy in front of you is going to get shot up to play Sunday and you tweek a hammie and you're not going to be available? What's next? An ingrown toenail? On second thought, those kind of hurt.

BF4MVP
12-06-2007, 12:25 AM
People are making WAY too big a deal out of this..So the guy tweaked a hammy and may miss a week of practice..I don't get why all of a sudden people are saying we have to find another quarterback...

Noodle
12-06-2007, 12:49 AM
People are making WAY too big a deal out of this..So the guy tweaked a hammy and may miss a week of practice..I don't get why all of a sudden people are saying we have to find another quarterback...

Agree. I'm guessing if he was the No. 1, he'd be playing. But he dosen't have to play, so why push it and risk making things worse?

Get off of A-Rod. His other injury was a broken foot. You know, bones snapping and shit? That's not some sissy phantom injury. The way he was running and playing against Dallas, you can't see he lacks bottle.

VegasPackFan
12-06-2007, 12:50 AM
He is useless if he can't play. Every time he has played he gets hurt. I know it was at practice this time but I bet last Thursday had a lot to do with it. Im starting to think it's best to part ways with Rodgers. If this happens when he plays 1 game what about 16? If he can be traded for something good, do it.

Thinking the same thing.....

This guy has ended up hurt each time he had any real game play. Not the type you want replacing the Iron Man.

SkinBasket
12-06-2007, 07:53 AM
He is useless if he can't play. Every time he has played he gets hurt. I know it was at practice this time but I bet last Thursday had a lot to do with it.

What did playing in Thursday's game have to do with injuring his hamstring in practice? Did his memories of playing well in Dallas wear out his leg muscles?

Love how after the game everyone was saying how we didn't have to worry about backup QB anymore. The guy tweaks his hamstring and suddenly he's worthless. If it was the same injury happening again and again, I would be concerned, but it's not, and it's more than a little reactionary to think that somehow he's injury prone.

MadtownPacker
12-06-2007, 07:55 AM

Agree. I'm guessing if he was the No. 1, he'd be playing. But he dosen't have to play, so why push it and risk making things worse?

Get off of A-Rod. His other injury was a broken foot. You know, bones snapping and shit? That's not some sissy phantom injury. The way he was running and playing against Dallas, you can't see he lacks bottle.
Cmon man, the team had to sign Nall. Yes the infamous Craig Nall!

Going by your logic, if ARod is healthy enough to play if he was the #1then why is he not healthy enough to be the GDamn backup?

I have been in ARod's corner until yesterday when this new injury came out. His play against dallas was a sign of hope but the dude needs to toughen up. Really pisses me off that he makes Cali homeboys look weak. Eat some veggies or pump some roids, MFER!!!

Deputy Nutz
12-06-2007, 08:11 AM
Ten days of lay off and this is what we have to argue about, Aaron Rodgers hamstring? I would rather have nothing to look at then comment if Aaron Rodgers can or can't be the QB of the future because he pulled a hamstring.

They signed Craig Nall before Rodgers got hurt, I think it had more to do with Favre being banged up than the possibility that Rodgers might get hurt.

MadtownPacker
12-06-2007, 08:31 AM
He is useless if he can't play. Every time he has played he gets hurt. I know it was at practice this time but I bet last Thursday had a lot to do with it.

What did playing in Thursday's game have to do with injuring his hamstring in practice? Did his memories of playing well in Dallas wear out his leg muscles?Im saying he might have hurt it in the game and tried to hang tuff.

Bottom line is he aint available this week. A week that he might be needed if Favre cant finish the game. THats makes him more USELESS than you on a hot date with a supermodel.

Guiness
12-06-2007, 08:59 AM
Geez, this does have to make you wonder.

I'm not so sure he'd be playing if he was the starter. If that was the case, why wouldn't he be dressing? He shouldn't have to play, and if it wasn't that bad, he should be alright to stand on the sidelines...

SkinBasket
12-06-2007, 09:50 AM
Bottom line is he aint available this week. A week that he might be needed if Favre cant finish the game. THats makes him more USELESS than you on a hot date with a supermodel.

As long as the supermodel isn't Philippino, I think I'll be okay.

MadtownPacker
12-06-2007, 11:07 AM

As long as the supermodel isn't Philippino, I think I'll be okay.Yeah, thats right trick, break it down.

Now say it along with your Papi, "Rodgers is USELESS to the Packers this week when they might need him".

BallHawk
12-06-2007, 11:18 AM
Hamstring injuries aren't really an issue of being injury-prone. In most cases you get it because you didn't strech enough or you aren't well-conditioned. Is it radical to think that a QB that has spent 2+ seasons in the league, sitting on the bench for the majority of that time, may not be conditioned to suddenly take on the majority of the load? Sure, it's practice, but that doesn't mean that he's immune to injuries.

IMO, this is more a case of circumstance than A-Rod being injury prone. It's his 2nd injury, big deal. Do you think that Favre would of played with a broken foot? For all we know Rodgers could of played this weekend, if needed.

Against Dallas the guy showed that he can be a compotent QB, maybe even a good QB, in this league. To do a 360 and start playing the "He can't make it in this league" card is ridiculous.

BF4MVP
12-06-2007, 11:18 AM
I'm sure they're just being cautious with him because they anticipate that Favre will be okay to go..Rodgers wants to play so badly that he was running around on a broken foot last season when the Pack were getting their ass handed to em by the Patriots..If they didn't think Favre could go this week, I'm almost certain that Rodgers would play through a tweaked hammy.

My guess is, Favre plays the whole game and plays well..Then next week Rodgers is healthy again and this whole discussion becomes moot.

SkinBasket
12-06-2007, 12:02 PM

As long as the supermodel isn't Philippino, I think I'll be okay.Yeah, thats right trick, break it down.

Now say it along with your Papi, "Rodgers is USELESS to the Packers this week when they might need him".

So let me get this right... You want the packers to trade away players on a week to week basis based solely on whether they are injured, thus rendering them "useless" for that given week? Perchance you've been soaking in your FF tub a little too long churrizo chomper?

Too bad the trading deadline passed or we could have moved Woodson and Jolly in a package deal last week.

Deputy Nutz
12-06-2007, 12:46 PM
Hamstring injuries aren't really an issue of being injury-prone. In most cases you get it because you didn't strech enough or you aren't well-conditioned. Is it radical to think that a QB that has spent 2+ seasons in the league, sitting on the bench for the majority of that time, may not be conditioned to suddenly take on the majority of the load? Sure, it's practice, but that doesn't mean that he's immune to injuries.

This is correct when referring to a high school athlete or even a division 3 athlete. These here professionals are the best conditioned athletes in the world, and they have a training staff to stretch them on a personal basis. In most cases, professional athletes pull muscles in their legs because they are so explosive and their musculature is unlike that of a normal person, think deep layers of compact hard muscle, even on a guy like Rodgers. Well, when all that muscle is used to say sprint or make a cut going at speeds no human is realistically supposed to go and they slip or their footing gives way something has to take the brunt of that expended energy, usually it is a muscle or tendon, when running it is usually the largest muscle being used like a hamstring, or a quad muscle. That energy then causes damage.

We don't know the circumstance in how Rodgers was injured, but I doubt it was due to him being out of shape, or because he forgot to stretch, especially at this point in the season, and the fact that he was heading into practice expecting to take the majority of the snaps.

The game on Thursday may have had an effect. Rodgers is a seldom used player, and he is not been used since the last week of preseason, his muscles had to be sore after that game and even worn down, even if he didn't feel it, or noticed by the training staff.

Bretsky
12-06-2007, 02:01 PM
We've got Nall Back; who cares if Rodgers gets hurt :lol:

Favre is our QB anyways

Jimx29
12-06-2007, 02:06 PM
Hamstring injuries aren't really an issue of being injury-prone. In most cases you get it because you didn't strech enough or you aren't well-conditioned. Is it radical to think that a QB that has spent 2+ seasons in the league, sitting on the bench for the majority of that time, may not be conditioned to suddenly take on the majority of the load? Whoda thunk that carrying a clipboard around for a couple years wasn't "conditioning" :?

Patler
12-06-2007, 02:13 PM
They said the injury occurred on the last play of practice the day before, he strained the hamstring while on a roll-out. I doubt it was from lack of stretching when it happened at the end of practice.

He left practice the next day after stretching when he couldn't get it loose.

Noodle
12-06-2007, 02:14 PM
I'm sure they're just being cautious with him because they anticipate that Favre will be okay to go..Rodgers wants to play so badly that he was running around on a broken foot last season when the Pack were getting their ass handed to em by the Patriots..If they didn't think Favre could go this week, I'm almost certain that Rodgers would play through a tweaked hammy.

My guess is, Favre plays the whole game and plays well..Then next week Rodgers is healthy again and this whole discussion becomes moot.

Word.

BTW, Skin, I've never mentioned it before, but your sig line for Rexy is probably the funniest damn thing I've seen in a long time. I'm serious, that is some comic genius. I'm just imagining how it must cause the heads of every Bear fan to explode when they see their boy in mid-fumble and in mid-fornication. Priceless.

Packers4Glory
12-06-2007, 05:29 PM
is Rodgers the anti-Favre? The guy seems to get hurt a lot for rarely playing.