PDA

View Full Version : Newman should be suspended

Tony Oday
12-06-2007, 06:44 AM
Cowboys Newman targets Kitna for 'revenge'

Dallas Cowboys cornerback Terence Newman said Tuesday the threat of a fine won't be a deterrent should he get the chance to take a shot at Detroit quarterback Jon Kitna on Sunday. Newman's comments came one day after Cowboys linebacker Bradie James said he was looking forward to making Kitna pay for comments he made in January about the Dallas defense. In an interview with a Seattle radio station shortly after Kitna led the Lions to a 39-31 victory over the Cowboys in last season's finale, Kitna called James ineffective and said he didn't think Newman was as talented as Seahawks corner Marcus Trufant. "Basically, what it boils down to is you've got to watch what you say," Newman told SIRIUS NFL Radio. "Your mouth can't write checks that your ass can't cash. That's what it comes down to. Everybody's going to see those quotes. "He better just hope I don't blitz off the edge because I've got 15, 25, 30 (thousand dollars) however much it would be for a fine. I've got that much for one fine. Revenge will be sweet, definitely." -- San Antonio Express-News

If the fine doesnt deter him he should be suspended for this game. this is uncalled for and should not be allowed.

SkinBasket
12-06-2007, 07:25 AM
You can't really do anything except warn him that if he does follow through, he will be suspended, which I'm sure the league will do. Can't suspend a guy for talking stupid or half the players would miss game day.

Rivers Rutherford
12-06-2007, 07:33 AM
Its good for the league, brings a little drama, and who really likes Kitna anyways?

3irty1
12-06-2007, 07:47 AM
Newman went up a couple notches in my book.

Deputy Nutz
12-06-2007, 08:02 AM
I don't think Newman takes criticism from his peers very well.

FritzDontBlitz
12-06-2007, 09:32 AM
Cowboys Newman targets Kitna for 'revenge'

Dallas Cowboys cornerback Terence Newman said Tuesday the threat of a fine won't be a deterrent should he get the chance to take a shot at Detroit quarterback Jon Kitna on Sunday. Newman's comments came one day after Cowboys linebacker Bradie James said he was looking forward to making Kitna pay for comments he made in January about the Dallas defense. In an interview with a Seattle radio station shortly after Kitna led the Lions to a 39-31 victory over the Cowboys in last season's finale, Kitna called James ineffective and said he didn't think Newman was as talented as Seahawks corner Marcus Trufant. "Basically, what it boils down to is you've got to watch what you say," Newman told SIRIUS NFL Radio. "Your mouth can't write checks that your ass can't cash. That's what it comes down to. Everybody's going to see those quotes. "He better just hope I don't blitz off the edge because I've got 15, 25, 30 (thousand dollars) however much it would be for a fine. I've got that much for one fine. Revenge will be sweet, definitely." -- San Antonio Express-News

If the fine doesnt deter him he should be suspended for this game. this is uncalled for and should not be allowed.

Sounds like a bounty to me. Shouldn't the league be investigating this? 8-)

Harlan Huckleby
12-06-2007, 12:18 PM
Newman!

http://www.bobkestrut.com/images/newman.jpg

Jimx29
12-06-2007, 02:24 PM
Me thinks there will be some questionable offsides calls made against the Dallas defense this week

Patler
12-06-2007, 04:44 PM
From NFL.com:

....Posted on Newman's locker Thursday was a letter he received from the NFL after making comments about Kitna during a satellite radio interview. Newman refused comment to reporters when he walked through the locker room.

"Be advised that your comments will now compel us to carefully monitor your activities in this weekend's Cowboys-Lions game," read part of the letter signed by Ray Anderson, NFL executive vice president for football operations. "As you know, flagrant fouls may subject a player not only to fines, but to suspension as well. So conduct yourself accordingly."

Carolina_Packer
12-06-2007, 04:48 PM
This was the correct response; just a firm warning.

Tony Oday
12-06-2007, 05:43 PM
I would have given him the ban stick!