PDA

View Full Version : Packers Have Come A Long Way!!!

Tarlam!
12-06-2007, 02:18 PM
This is an interesting week to reflect on this season, versus the past season.

Last year at this time, we were coming off of a loss, too. We had just had our asses handed to us 38-10 by the lowly Jets.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=29041&season=2006&displayPage=tab_gamecenter&week=REG13

Our record at this point last leason was 8-4.

The 2005 season was even worse. We lost to Da Bears, 2-19.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=28703&season=2005&displayPage=tab_gamecenter&week=REG13

Our record was 2-10.

In the season of 2007, we are also coming off of a los.

Our record, however, is 10-2 !!!!

I'd say, we've come a long way. Maybe we just happen to always lose in week 13.

:cow:

Bretsky
12-06-2007, 02:21 PM

Last year at this time, we were coming off of a loss, too. We had just had our asses handed to us 38-10 by the lowly Jets.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=29041&season=2006&displayPage=tab_gamecenter&week=REG13

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=28703&season=2005&displayPage=tab_gamecenter&week=REG13

Our record was 2-10.

Wasn't our record 4-8 at this time of last season ? :wink:

I think I Patlerized you :lol:

Cheers,
B

Tarlam!
12-06-2007, 02:25 PM
Of course it was. I screwed it up!!!

LL2
12-06-2007, 03:20 PM
Of course it was. I screwed it up!!!

Nah! You didn't screw up. Your right though, the Packers have come a long way.

FritzDontBlitz
12-06-2007, 03:35 PM
This was the week that started the 8 game winning streak. Let's hope they start a new 8 game winning streak this week, that would take them through the Super Bowl to an opening day win in 2008.... :alc:

packinpatland
12-06-2007, 04:02 PM
This was the week that started the 8 game winning streak. Let's hope they start a new 8 game winning streak this week, that would take them through the Super Bowl to an opening day win in 2008.... :alc:

I so like the way you think!

LL2
12-06-2007, 04:13 PM

Amen to that!

Tarlam!
12-07-2007, 02:05 PM
I cannot believe, these facts (Apart from my bluder) do not excite Packers fans around the globe and this thread falls to page 2 within 18 hours.

THIS TEAM HAS BROUGHT THE MOUNTAIN TO MOHAMED!!!! F--? IT!!!!

Pour out you love to TT and HH and M3 right here!!!!

Freak Out
12-07-2007, 02:14 PM
I cannot believe, these facts (Apart from my bluder) do not excite Packers fans around the globe and this thread falls to page 2 within 18 hours.

Mix a nice beer with a sedative or something brother...pour out our love for TT and M3? I love the packers and the fact that we are winning and heading to the playoffs for what could be #4s last run at a SB...and I appreciate what TT has done and how M3 has the team playing but I just don't "pour my love out" for anybody.

:lol:

MJZiggy
12-07-2007, 02:18 PM

I think people would rather bitch, but I love what's been happening with this team in general. I'd have been happy to see some improvement over what they did last year, but this is incredible. The completely rebuilt and are in amazingly good shape considering how fast it happened. We should rejoice a little more. Can I get an AMEN?!

Badgepack
12-07-2007, 02:26 PM
There is no reason for this team not to be 12-0 right now, so it's a little hard to get excited about 10-2.

Tony Oday
12-07-2007, 02:26 PM
Are you kidding I love this. Most peopleon the board laughed at me when I said the Pack will be 10-6 and make the playoffs and that the bears would be .500 or less. I LOVE THIS SEASON!

It will be so nice for Favre to get back to that game after the playoffs. You know the one that is real expensive to go to and is just before the game in Hawaii :) and he is going to do it by buring his tempestuous past in the stadium that isnt finished! (pfft they didnt put the hole in dallas stadium so god could watch his team they put it there so he could pee on the Cowboys!)

I cant wait to see the final 6 games PLEASE STAY HEALTHY TEAM!

Badgepack
12-07-2007, 02:37 PM
Of course I am kidding. I picked the Packers to go 11-5 in our preseason picks, but that was based on pure homerism and hope. For us to be one of the top 4 teams in the NFL after what has happened the past couple years is outstanding. This team has the same feel that the mid-90's teams had, that they were good, they were for real, and that they will be good for years to come. Always proud to be a Packer fan, but it's nice to hold your head higher when we have good teams. Go Pack.

woodbuck27
12-07-2007, 05:36 PM

Our record was 2-10.

Wasn't our record 4-8 at this time of last season ? :wink:

I think I Patlerized you :lol:

Cheers,
B

Yes and a finish with four wins brought us up to 8-8. :)

Bretsky
12-07-2007, 06:02 PM

My love follows championships

All Hail to the Great Ron Wolf and Mike Holmgren :knll:
Hopefully I'll see TT and MM in the same light some day

Packers4Ever
12-07-2007, 07:52 PM

I think people would rather bitch, but I love what's been happening with this team in general. I'd have been happy to see some improvement over what they did last year, but this is incredible. The completely rebuilt and are in amazingly good shape considering how fast it happened. We should rejoice a little more. Can I get an AMEN?!

AMEN, Zig !! :D
I am thrilled to see those great figures up there, 10-2. All I can think is a whole lot of fans didn't go through this L O N G dry period like some of us did, and I hate to repeat this again, but WHO would have THOUGHT last
September where we'd be sitting today?

:wow:

Packers4Ever
12-07-2007, 08:03 PM

AMEN, Zig !! :D
I am thrilled to see those great figures up there, 10-2. All I can think is a whole lot of fans didn't go through this L O N G dry period like some of us did, and I hate to repeat this again, but WHO would have THOUGHT last
September where we'd be sitting today?

:wow:

And ALSO - I am disgusted with the lack of attention we're receiving from the media over this fast climb by the Pack, who else can claim it? Surely not Da Bears, the Vikes or the Lions !! :)

pbmax
12-07-2007, 09:04 PM
Forget the media and the next four games. Just beat the Raiders. Just keep winning. One at a time. And then we hypnotize Brett at the hotel before the Championship Game so he thinks he's in Detroit playing the Lions.

Or that he is Aaron Rodgers :wink:

MadtownPacker
12-07-2007, 10:26 PM
There is no reason for this team not to be 12-0 right now, so it's a little hard to get excited about 10-2.Truth is they didn't miss 12-0 by much.

I actually wouldn't be happy with them being undefeated. Way too much pressure.

HarveyWallbangers
12-07-2007, 11:31 PM
I just want to say that the Optimistic Realists club really felt a grave loss when Bretsky quit the club.

Tarlam!
12-08-2007, 02:13 AM
Well, Mike Vandermaus also picked this topic for his article. Seems like I could give the journo's ideas for things to write about!!!

Bretsky
12-08-2007, 07:41 AM
I just want to say that the Optimistic Realists club really felt a grave loss when Bretsky quit the club.

I never quit; I believe the rest of the management showed up with torches threatening to burn down my house if I didn't resign

MJZiggy
12-08-2007, 09:01 AM
Well after a while, we did find your lack of optimism a bit unrealistic... :mrgreen:

pbmax
12-08-2007, 09:01 AM
I believe in today's corporate parlance, this would be "a mutually agreed upon decision".

The organization wanted to move in a different direction, Bretsky wanted to devote more time to grailees.

I never quit; I believe the rest of the management showed up with torches threatening to burn down my house if I didn't resign