PDA

View Full Version : Bob Harlan interview

RashanGary
12-06-2007, 05:32 PM
Harlan was on 107.5.

He said Murphy stood out becaue he put football before money. Murphy and Bob believe that if the team does well on the field, the buisness will do well, and that's the first priority.

He said that the one time he really wondered about a pick was when Mike Sherman took Ahmad Carroll. I love when he talks about Mike Sherman. You can just hear the regret and I feel the same sort of negative feelings thinking about where he took this team. It's just theraputic to hear like opinions and disgust.

As a sharp contrast to Sherman, Harlan seems to love TT. When he talks, he just can't say enough good things. I really like Harlan. I think he's a smart guy who just made one big mistake (hiring Shermhead as GM).

KYPack
12-06-2007, 09:47 PM
Always felt Harlan kind of backed into the Sherm GM decision.

I think Wolf blindsided him and he reacted instead of makin a careful choice.

It's probably his biggest regret.

pbmax
12-06-2007, 10:11 PM
He wasn't careful enough to put emotion aside and put Sherman's fate in someone else's hands.

Nice to hear that Murphy agrees that team performance is the first priority. However, the team should still make out like bandits even during down years if they continue to play their cards right.

I equate Sherman as GM to some degree with Rhodes as HC, although that wasn't Harlan's call. I do wish he had asked Wolf more questions like "Are you crazy?"