PDA

View Full Version : Donald Driver dishes on WSSPs "Peter Brown Show"

Iron Mike
05-15-2006, 06:27 PM
.....did anybody else hear it???

http://www.sportsradio1250.com/goout.asp?u=http://images.radcity.net/3251/1435895.mp3

Homer Jay
05-15-2006, 06:39 PM
Who was that guy? There you had a perfect example of the difference between class and an ass. How many times did he try to get DD to bad mouth the Packers and Brett Favre? Very nice job by Donald Driver of defending himself against Javon Waker. The ass tried from every angle to get DD to bad mouth somebody and class won the war.

GoPackGo
05-15-2006, 06:51 PM
Wow, I don't remember the last time a radio talk show host argued with a player over his contract. He obviously wants to argue with TT about J walker getting traded and D Driver getting a raise. What a dick..If I were Driver I'd never give that Ahole an interview again

GoPackGo
05-15-2006, 06:55 PM
I encourage you all to listen to this interview at the 11 minute mark

cosimoto
05-15-2006, 06:59 PM
Jpopp: Talent is God given; Be Humble.
Fame is Man-given; Be Thankful.
Conceit is Self-given; Be Careful. -John Wooden
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g183/cosimoto/SamuraiGB7.jpg Great quote, Jpopp. I've decided to start a list of quotes, and this is going on that list. I wonder if T.O. or Javon have ever even heard of John Wooden, much less read him.

GBRulz
05-15-2006, 07:15 PM
This guy is such a dick. He's the same guy that interviewed Javon about 3 months ago and well, I don't think he took his lips off of Javon's ass during the entire interview.

MadtownPacker
05-15-2006, 08:10 PM
Haha, DD is too sweet with his reponses, my favs:

Asshole - "What if you get hurt. last year javon got hurt."
DD - "I cant worry about injuries then Im not going to make the plays I make. If I get hurt thats the devil's will, God's will keeps me healthy."

Asshole - "your prepared to be the best receiver on this football team?"
DD - "Ive alway been the best receiver on this football team!"

DD - "you tell me what game javon broke it out, Ill tell you what game I broke it out"

DD - "maybe I need to do an endzone dance or something"
DD - "walker had one great year for the Packer, everybody felt like he was all that"
DD - "when you guys try to call me to get back on your show its gonna be a negative"

Who is this guy? What a piece of garbage interviewer, he might as well told DD he sucks. This jerk got punked by DD mutilpe times. He was even weak enough do dis DD after he hung up.

EVERYONE should listen to this!

This interview only makes me wish DD had got paid even more for everything that he brings to the team. Great leader for the young WRs to look up.

GoPackGo
05-15-2006, 08:35 PM
Jpopp: Talent is God given; Be Humble.
Fame is Man-given; Be Thankful.
Conceit is Self-given; Be Careful. -John Wooden
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g183/cosimoto/SamuraiGB7.jpg Great quote, Jpopp. I've decided to start a list of quotes, and this is going on that list. I wonder if T.O. or Javon have ever even heard of John Wooden, much less read him.

your reply made me wonder what T.O.s wonderlic score was.then i came across this...
http://www.terrellowens.com/index.php

my guess is TO and J Walk have a different philosophy than John Wooden

MJZiggy
05-15-2006, 08:40 PM
Now there's humility. :roll:

RashanGary
05-15-2006, 08:44 PM
Driver is a great WR...I'll tell you what, at the end of the day, Driver just keeps putting up great numbers and in a few years he could have every Packer recieving record.

Jerry Rice wasn't as fast or big as Javon Walker either but all he did was become the greatest WR and argueably the greatest football player ever to play the game.

I'll tell you what, that shit would motivate me like none other. That guy's got balls but if Driver didn't already have enough motivation to work his ass off, he just got it. That wasn't something you brush off. That guy point blank, on radio, gave Driver a complete insult. One after antoher acctually. It was personal. If I was Donald and I just got off the phone I would have a huge chip on my shoulder.

Joemailman
05-15-2006, 09:05 PM
http://images.packers.com/pg/driver_donald/photo32.jpg

That's Peter Brown wearing #35 :mrgreen:

b bulldog
05-15-2006, 09:26 PM
Driver has some serious ups!

Partial
05-15-2006, 09:38 PM
Driver is a great WR...I'll tell you what, at the end of the day, Driver just keeps putting up great numbers and in a few years he could have every Packer recieving record.

Jerry Rice wasn't as fast or big as Javon Walker either but all he did was become the greatest WR and argueably the greatest football player ever to play the game.

I'll tell you what, that shit would motivate me like none other. That guy's got balls but if Driver didn't already have enough motivation to work his ass off, he just got it. That wasn't something you brush off. That guy point blank, on radio, gave Driver a complete insult. One after antoher acctually. It was personal. If I was Donald and I just got off the phone I would have a huge chip on my shoulder.

just to play devils advocate, RMoss' superior stats beg to disagree

Partial
05-15-2006, 09:38 PM

wasn't he an all-american high jumper?

gbpackfan
05-15-2006, 09:39 PM
I have said it MANY, MANY TIMES in the past. Peter Braun is a BIG, FAT, SLOPPIE PIECE OF SH*T!!!!! He was ripping the hell out of Favre to Javon a couple months ago and now he insults DD to his face after he was nice enough to call in!!!! What a garbage pile.

b bulldog
05-15-2006, 09:42 PM
hE WAS AN OLYMPIC QUALITY JUMPER

K-town
05-15-2006, 09:49 PM
Peter Brown is a slobbering, drooling, no-talent hack. So it's no surprise he ended up on WSSP.
The worst on-air "personalities" I've ever heard dwell at WSSP. Have any of you had the misfortune of listening to Steve Sparky Pfeiffer (?) in the morning? Guy sounds like a cross between Gilbert Gottfried and a strangled chicken. And Chuck Garbedian (?), Sparky's panting lapdog assistant. Can you say Sycophant?
As far as I can tell, WSSP's credo is:
1) The Brewers are and always wwill be under-achievers. And their batting coach should be fired.
2) Fire Milwaukee Bucks heaad coach Terry Stotts.
3) Everything to do with the Green Bay Packers and their fans is second class
garbage.
These three points get hammered home every day, every week, every month. I live in South-easterrn Wisconsin, and it's the only "Wisconsin" sports station I can get. Though WSSP is so consistently anti-Wisconsin, and especially anti-Green Bay, that it's often actually preferable to listen to ESPN out of Chicago.
Another thing about WSSP - they devote a large block of time to Jim Rome.
If that doesn't scream second rate, I don't know what does.
These guys make Dan Patrick and Mike & Mike in the Morning seem like award winning journalists. Yeah, WSSp is THAT bad. :mad:

Joemailman
05-16-2006, 12:20 AM
Before I moved to Wisconsin, Brown was on a Sports Talk station in Chicago. It was the same thing. Be outrageous, insult people, and try to get people riled up.

Joemailman
05-16-2006, 12:30 AM

wasn't he an all-american high jumper?

Some personal info on "The Donald":

Donald Driver #80
Position: Wide Receiver
College: Alcorn State
NFL Exp: 8 Seasons
Packers Exp: 8 Seasons
Ht: 6' 0"
Wt: 190 lbs.
Aquired: Draft 1999 (7b)

At A Glance

In 2004, tallied career highs in receptions (84, good for second on the club) and receiving yards (1,208, also second on club) while tying his previous season high in TD receptions (nine, also in 2002)
Also in ’04, combined with Javon Walker to register the Packers’ best season by a duo in both receptions (173) and receiving yards (2,590)
Selected as the 2002 Green Bay Packers 'Most Valuable Player;’ also honored as team's 'Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year' in recognition of his extensive work in the community
Over the past two years, has sponsored the purchase of four homes, two in Green Bay and two in Houston, to give to homeless mothers
One of the NFL’s most decorated collegiate track athletes (high jump, decathlon, long jump, triple jump), won his conference’s 'Athlete of the Year' award three straight years
Likely could have qualified for 2000 Sydney Olympics in high jump had he concentrated on track
Overcoming countless obstacles growing up has inspired him to become one of the team’s most involved players in giving back to the community
He and his wife in 2000 created the Donald Driver Foundation (www.donalddriverfoundation.com), which offers assistance to homeless mothers and underprivileged children
In addition, has made approximately 400 appearances since 1999, from schools to youth football fields to churches, delivering motivational speeches or offering assistance
Has his own Web sites: www.SundayDriver.net and DonaldDriverFoundation.com

I think the way Driver has handled himself, as opposed to the way Walker handled himself, may make Donald a real fan favorite starting this year. Driver has usually, until his performance last year, been considered the Packer's "other" receiver. I think that's about to change.

OS PA
05-16-2006, 12:36 AM
From DD's Website

Born February 2, 1975 to Faye Gray and Marvin Driver, Donald Driver has become one of the most respected and dedicated players in the National Football League. He was the middle child in a five-sibling family. He lived for a time during his early teens out of a U-Haul truck, after a collection agency confiscated the family’s possessions. He also spent multiple holidays without family members and slept several nights in the motel rooms his mother purchased with food stamps. When he was three, his father named him “Quickieâ € because he was a quick learner who moved around the house so fast. Donald’s parents divorced when he was very young, after the divorce Marvin went to prison leaving Donald and his other sister and brothers with his mother. In desperate times, Donald Driver took desperate measures and became a drug dealer and stole cars.

At the age of 14, Donald moved in with his grandmother Betty Lofton. As long as he stayed with his grandmother, she made him attend church and bible study. While with his grandmother, Driver attended Milby High School in the southeast side of Houston. He starred in Football, Baseball, Track, and Basketball. He received a four-year scholarship to Alcorn State University, where he earned a B.S. in Accounting, and worked on finishing his master’s degree in Computer Science. He is one of the NFL’s most decorated collegiate track athletes( high jump, decathlon, long jump, triple jump) and won his conference’s athlete of the year award three straight years.

HarveyWallbangers
05-16-2006, 12:37 AM
I think the way Driver has handled himself, as opposed to the way Walker handled himself, may make Donald a real fan favorite starting this year. Driver has usually, until his performance last year, been considered the Packer's "other" receiver. I think that's about to change.

Driver has been a fan favorite in Green Bay for awhile. It's outside of Green Bay where he lacks the respect he deserves.

Joemailman
05-16-2006, 12:37 AM
http://images.packers.com/pg/driver_donald/photo16.jpg

Why not? Another picture of "The Donald." As you may have surmised, since last year, he's sort of become my favorite current Packer. :smile:

GrnBay007
05-16-2006, 12:39 AM
Hard to believe someone with that great of a smile could be a drug dealer! :razz:

Joemailman
05-16-2006, 12:42 AM
Hard to believe someone with that great of a smile could be a drug dealer! :razz:

Maybe he's smiling because he doesn't live like that anymore. :smile:

Noodle
05-16-2006, 07:51 AM
No doubt about it. Donald Driver is an amazingly great guy. I've been interviewed once on the radio, and it is very difficult to keep your cool and avoid saying stupid stuff, and I certainly wasn't being antagonized like DD was. I'm going to relish every catch he makes this year.

You just could not have done a better job than DD.

Quote of the day:
Q: Did you talk to Brett Favre? Is he happy?
A: Brett? He's always happy!

And hats off to TT for doing what it took to keep DD in G&G.

The Leaper
05-16-2006, 08:18 AM
Just because of that interview...I'm going to go out, buy a Driver jersey, frame it and hang it up with pride.

I don't live in Wisconsin or plan on attending any of the early season scrimmages/games. Those of you who do need to start getting out the word...regarding sending a message.

Favre shouldn't be the guy getting the loudest ovation from the fans this preseason...Donald Driver should.

Noodle
05-16-2006, 08:31 AM
Leaper

You've hit on something. I'm not going to get in to a Favre v. Driver thing, but Driver is the real deal in his own right. As he noted in the interview, every year they bring in new guys at WR, and every year Driver beats them. You just can't keep this guy off the field.

He's got a great life story, and he's obviously wicked bright. When M3 and TT say they want Packer People, I'm thinking they mean DD.

Chambers may be better (agree with Bretsky from another thread), and Walker is probably better, but Driver brings a lot to the game as well. He makes you proud to be a Packer fan.

Sign me up for a jersey too.

jack's smirking revenge
05-16-2006, 10:04 AM
That is the strangest radio interview of a Packer that I think I've ever heard. That interviewer is a freakin' moron. Why is he on the radio? Does he really consider himself a Packer fan? He obviously didn't do his homework (or take a peek at the Packer Rats site) because DD's accomplishments speak for themselves. He is the number one and he has been consistent. He may not be flashy and he may not be glitzy, but he's effective. A perfect match for the Pack.

You da man, DD!

tyler

FavreChild
05-16-2006, 10:19 AM
"DING, DING, DING! Here comes the sh*t-mobile!"

That's what I think every time I hear of Peter Brown and WSSP. Yet we are giving him and that station exactly what they want by talking about their lunatic, manufactured controversy.

Please stop listening.

Really. :cool:

jack's smirking revenge
05-16-2006, 10:22 AM
Who is Peter Brown anyway? I've honestly never heard of him. Is he a Packer fan or just another sports radio talking head?

tyler

Homer Jay
05-16-2006, 10:55 AM
DD reminded me of William Henderson on ESPN. The talking heads kept trying to get them to say something bad about their teammates or organization and Donald and William kept throwing it back in their faces. I respect them both a lot. I always respected what they did on the field, now they seem to be defining what "Packer People" are.

Joemailman
05-16-2006, 12:40 PM
Who is Peter Brown anyway? I've honestly never heard of him. Is he a Packer fan or just another sports radio talking head?

tyler

When I was still living in Illinois (up until 1996), he was on ESPN radio in Chicago. Don't know when he moved to Wisconsin, but his act in Chicago was pretty much the same.

Deputy Nutz
05-16-2006, 03:02 PM
Bout time you all see things my way. I was really happy when I found out that Milwaukee was getting a full time sports talk radio station. That is until I listened to these shock jock morons. Brown has had a reputation for slamming everything and being just about as negative as you can be on the radio. Unfortunately that radio statation has taken the personality of Peter Brown on everyone one of its local shows. He slams everything that has to do with Wisconsin sports and the kicker is, he has never lived here. The only time he has followed sports in Wisconsin is when he got the offer to come here and do his own show.

I took 1250 off my radio's memory, and I beg the rest of you to do the same. Do not fall into the trap that you have to defend your opinion to these schmucks. They have nothing worth while to say. I am sure that Peter Brown is patting himself on the back after that interview with DD. His fat ass is probably happier than a pig in shit, but in reality he should be embarassed of his disrespectful attitude, and conduct.

Fucking shock jocks are all they are.

It is unfortunate, because Milwaukee sports talk radio is down right pathetic, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel is down right pathetic. Thank god for this place.

Iron Mike
05-16-2006, 08:08 PM
Peter Brown is a slobbering, drooling, no-talent hack. So it's no surprise he ended up on WSSP.
The worst on-air "personalities" I've ever heard dwell at WSSP.

IMHO, WAUK 1510AM used to rock pretty hard when they had Bruce Marques and Chuck Friemund :razz:

Deputy Nutz
05-17-2006, 09:32 AM
1510 has never been a great station. The Game was par for the course at best. Steve "the Homer" Tru is about as entertaining as listening to paint dry. Bottom line, the sports talk radio in this town blows.

Somebody out there needs to give me a god damn radio show!!!

billy_oliver880
05-17-2006, 09:34 AM
1510 has never been a great station. The Game was par for the course at best. Steve "the Homer" Tru is about as entertaining as listening to paint dry. Bottom line, the sports talk radio in this town blows.

Nobody wants someone to tell them like it is though Nutz. :wink:

mraynrand
05-17-2006, 10:14 AM
DD's accomplishments speak for themselves. He is the number one and he has been consistent. He may not be flashy and he may not be glitzy, but he's effective. A perfect match for the Pack.

You da man, DD!

tyler

That's a good summary. The point is that DD's numbers are solid across his four years as a starter. He was the number 1 receiver in 2002, 2003, and 2005. But the issue here is how a radio guy should treat a player. It's okay for Brown to ask DD a question about how good he thinks he is, let him answer it, and then move on. Brown can say AFTER DD is off the air how he compares the two receivers (DD and Walker or DD to other starters, etc.) but to repeatedly say that Walker is better while DD is on the line is a slap in the face. You just don't see good (or even marginal) interviewers doing this. It's bad form. Also, not really knowing DDs numbers and contributions to the offense over the years is a problem. This isn't an issue of us as fans being homers, but an even-handed evaluation of the 'talents' of a radio host. When you have a positive, up-beat, good-natured guy like DD coming on your show and you get him to say over and over at the end that he's never going to come back on your show, you've really fouled things up badly. Brown failed in his job - period, dot, bingo.

FavreChild
05-17-2006, 10:36 AM

Agreed.

Seriously, you could do some podcasts for the site.

HarveyWallbangers
05-17-2006, 11:03 AM
Minneapolis has a decent sports radio station.

Superstar in the morning is okay. He grows on you. Plus, NASCAR talk from Hawk (the only guy on the station who will talk NASCAR).

PA and Dubay are homers, but are knowledgeable and are entertaining. PA is from California. Roots for the Minnesota teams, but isn't afraid to profess his love for a guy like Brett Favre.

Common Man at noon is unlistenable.

Hartman (Sid's son) is average.

Barreiro is very solid.

On weekends, we get Dave (Packer fan) and Trent Tucker.

Little Whiskey
05-17-2006, 11:30 AM
the only sports station i get to listen to is out of chicago. and all they do is bash the cubs and praise the sox. they usually come together during football season to bash the pack. i listen to tmj out of milwaukee on the ride to and from work. but then you get bill micheals with his 5 seconds of sports and 15 min. of commercials. and the worse thing is BILL MICHEALS!!

Deputy Nutz
05-17-2006, 11:35 AM
You mean the Bill Micheals that reported that the Packers had traded for Reggie Bush, and all that needed to be done was sign the papers? He only lost a little ced with that super news break.

If I actually knew how to do a pod cast, it would be money!

billy_oliver880
05-17-2006, 12:09 PM
If I actually knew how to do a pod cast, it would be money!

http://radio.about.com/od/podcastin1/a/aa030805a.htm

If you are interested in making those podcasts. :D

GBRulz
05-18-2006, 08:19 PM
Now there's an idea FC, podcasts for this site!!

I subscribe to quite a few podcasts actually. Namely the Packers, Photoshop TV and E!. I'm not sure how you go about getting Apple to carry them on itunes though.

Sorry though Nutz, there is no money in podcasting as they are free!!

mraynrand
05-18-2006, 09:47 PM
Photoshop TV - LOL! Thanks for the tip GB mich - I didn't realize they were podcasted! I gotta download me one of those CS2 versions so I can go back and forth from powerpoint to photoshop with ease!

http://www.photoshopguys.com/wp-images/photoshoptv/pstv_still30.jpg

FavreChild
05-19-2006, 09:46 AM
Well, we would just need the podcasts posted here. You can usually use iTunes as the application to open a podcast, though, can't you? I don't know anything about posting/delivery of podcasts; everyone knows I am not the resident tech expert.

However, to record the podcast, all you need is Skype (or any VoIP connection). Skype is still free, I think.

And you would want an audio headset with microphone that plugs into your phone or computer. Higher-end models produce better sound fidelity, of course, but a low-end headset will do just fine. We're not in the recording business, after all.

Little Whiskey
05-19-2006, 02:22 PM
would you be able to listen to a podcast even if you don't have an Ipod? FC, as the resident redneck i am lower on the tech foodchain than you. hell you might as well have typed your second paragraph in greek.

FavreChild
05-19-2006, 03:00 PM
Yes, you can listen to a podcast using your computer's "regular" multimedia program, such as the Microsoft Windows Media Player or Apple's iTunes.

That's the very best tech-speak I got. :cool:

MJZiggy
05-19-2006, 03:01 PM
Impressive.

MadtownPacker
05-19-2006, 07:23 PM
Impressive.
I told you guys Ziggy was the new Mobb.

MJZiggy
05-19-2006, 07:28 PM
What, you want I write you a damn book?