PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Night Football: Dreadskins vs. The Despair Bears

FritzDontBlitz
12-06-2007, 08:23 PM
Is anybody watching this? Can anybody even see the game? LOL

Both starting QB's are dinged up now: Grossman in the first quarter had a DL roll up his leg and collapse his knee, and Jason Campbell just took a knee after getting hit on the elbow as he tried to run out of bounds.

The kickers have missed all three field goal attempts. Robby Gould's was blocked.

Riveting shit. Thanks NFLN!!! :roll:

HarveyWallbangers
12-06-2007, 08:30 PM
Guys are going down left and right. The Vikings play these two teams the next two weeks. This keeps up, and they might get forfeits the next two weeks.
:D

hoosier
12-06-2007, 08:30 PM
Did the Grossman injury look season-ending? Are the Packers going to be facing Griese again?

FritzDontBlitz
12-06-2007, 08:31 PM
Whoa.

Campbell managed to make it back into the game, but three plays later he got hit and I think he just blew his knee out. Never a good sign when a player grabs his knee in agony and doesn't even try to get up....

FritzDontBlitz
12-06-2007, 08:32 PM
Did the Grossman injury look season-ending? Are the Packers going to be facing Griese again?

Grossman limped off. Campbell couldn't even get up.....

GBRulz
12-06-2007, 08:34 PM
I forgot there was even a game tonight! I'm working out in central WI, the middle of nowhere. No internet at my hotel, uggg. Just got home tonight

FritzDontBlitz
12-06-2007, 08:46 PM
Whoops.

Sudden burst of activity. Alex Brown strips Todd Collins and Chicago recovers. Griese tries to throw to Devin Hester in the flat, Shawn Springs picks it off and returns it to the 25. Todd Collins throws a TD on the next play. 7-0 'Skins with :17 left in the half. Then, Griese promptly throws another pick to Shawn Springs on the Bears next posession.

hoosier
12-06-2007, 08:48 PM
Whoops.

Sudden burst of activity. Alex Brown strips Todd Collins and Chicago recovers. Griese tries to throw to Devin Hester in the flat, Shawn Springs picks it off and returns it to the 25. Todd Collins throws a TD on the next play. 7-0 'Skins with ;17 left in the half.

= Shawn Springs v. Devin Hester footrace?

Joemailman
12-06-2007, 08:54 PM
Right now the Bears look like they couldn't score with Paris Hilton.

FritzDontBlitz
12-06-2007, 09:23 PM
Wow. More injuries.

Fred Smoot was just carted off.

I hope someone starts raising hell about the increase of injuries during Thursday night games.

HarveyWallbangers
12-06-2007, 09:39 PM
Right now the Bears look like they couldn't score with Paris Hilton.

KYPack
12-06-2007, 09:40 PM
I get NFL channel, but I ain't gonna watch that pile o'dung.

How did people feel about DC starting only 10 on the 1st play against the Bills?

On some level, I thought it was lame.

Badgerinmaine
12-06-2007, 09:43 PM
Listening on radio...W/ 3 min. left in the 3rd, Washington has 24 yards on 18 carries, and they're winning. :shock:

Badgerinmaine
12-06-2007, 09:46 PM
Not clear that far ahead yet, but the Bears say he's out for the rest of tonight at least.

Packers4Ever
12-06-2007, 10:01 PM
Early 4th quarter, Skins 14, Bears 10

esoxx
12-06-2007, 10:04 PM
Dislocated knee cap for Jason Campbell.

MJZiggy
12-06-2007, 10:05 PM
Bears threatening for the tie. I can't look...

pbmax
12-06-2007, 10:05 PM
I actually liked the gesture. A little overdone perhaps, but it recalls the formation aircraft use to signify they have lost a man/pilot.

I was looking for a picture of the formation on Monday but only saw screen caps.

How did people feel about DC starting only 10 on the 1st play against the Bills?

On some level, I thought it was lame.

Jimx29
12-06-2007, 10:31 PM
I actually liked the gesture. A little overdone perhaps, but it recalls the formation aircraft use to signify they have lost a man/pilot.

I was looking for a picture of the formation on Monday but only saw screen caps.

On some level, I thought it was lame.Lame was Baltimore running at the empty spot

FritzDontBlitz
12-06-2007, 11:02 PM
http://www.670thescore.com/

For the hilarious post-mortem of the Bears' 24-16 loss to the Redskins.

Badgerinmaine
12-07-2007, 12:47 AM
I liked it too, and had the same thought--though I thought first of the riderless horse with the reversed boot, as was done in John Kennedy's funeral procession.

Rastak
12-07-2007, 05:11 AM
Guys are going down left and right. The Vikings play these two teams the next two weeks. This keeps up, and they might get forfeits the next two weeks.

I was thinking the same thing....man those guys were pounding each other. Grossman and Campbell injuries didn't look good.

MJZiggy
12-07-2007, 08:24 AM
Don't get too complacent, there Ras...Campbell's backup looked pretty good and Grossman's backup is, well, ummm...not Grossman!

MadtownPacker
12-07-2007, 08:26 AM
So when is the PC crowd gonna jump on Fritzdontblitz ass for for using "deadskins" after the all the SeanTaylor stuff. :D

hoosier
12-07-2007, 09:41 AM
So when is the PC crowd gonna jump on Fritzdontblitz ass for for using "deadskins" after the all the SeanTaylor stuff. :D

Sounds like that's already been taken care of :P

FritzDontBlitz
12-07-2007, 09:47 AM

You know, I actually thought about that after I titled the thread, but it was in reference to how boring the game was in the first quarter. Maybe I shoulda changed it to "Dreadskins...."

FritzDontBlitz
12-07-2007, 10:01 AM
OK. I punked out and changed the title. :oops:

Fosco33
12-07-2007, 10:08 AM
Did anyone actually watch the game - not the most entertaining game but it did have one memorable moment not captured in the highlights.

A fan ran out onto the field on a Redskin 3rd and long. He got hammered by security after bumping into Tommy Harris. Then another cop tackled him before NFLN panned out. It took a few minutes to get the situation through and the commissioner and Redskin owner were sitting next to each other (like awh, crap - not great security). At one point, a few of the Bears players were looking at Harris's stomach and even Harris seemed to be wiping something off. Odd.

MadtownPacker
12-07-2007, 11:00 AM
OK. I punked out and changed the title. :oops:Wimp.

KYPack
12-07-2007, 01:16 PM

Fritz,

Mad was kiddin'.

This is PackerRatz.

Apologies require keystrokes.

Never make 'em.

FritzDontBlitz
12-07-2007, 03:10 PM
LOL