PDA

View Full Version : Playoff schedule?

mmmdk
12-07-2007, 12:22 PM
The NFL has not yet released their playoff schedule.

My question is: Aren't NFC and AFC championship games normally both played played on a sunday?? This playoff it would be sunday the 20th of january NFC/AFC champ games. I need to rework my hospital schedule if it's played on saturday the 19th of january 2008.

Thanx, if anyone knows. :D

HarveyWallbangers
12-07-2007, 12:45 PM
Normally, they are played on a Sunday.

mmmdk
12-07-2007, 01:00 PM
Normally, they are played on a Sunday.

Packers could be playing that game! So 'normally' it is! 8-)

MadtownPacker
12-07-2007, 01:01 PM
I think it goes like this.

Round 1 - Sat 2 wildcard games, one from each conference, Sun 2 wildcard games, one from each conference

Round 2 - Sat 1 divisional game from each conference, Sun 1 divisional game from each conference.

Round 3 - Conference championship. Both on the same day.

mmmdk
12-07-2007, 10:16 PM

Round 1 - Sat 2 wildcard games, one from each conference, Sun 2 wildcard games, one from each conference

Round 2 - Sat 1 divisional game from each conference, Sun 1 divisional game from each conference.

Cheers!

Badgerinmaine
12-08-2007, 01:41 PM

I believe that's exactly right. When there are Saturday games, though, it isn't always very predictable which will be on Sunday and which will be on Saturday.

4and12to12and4
12-08-2007, 02:01 PM
I can't believe that if we win two or maybe even just one (i think tampas gonna lose at least one more game this year), we will be in a position that if we win ONE home game in the playoffs, we will be in the NFC Championship game. It's unreal. Who would've thought. It's funny listening to Favre, he even admits he never expected this kind of success. But, it can turn around just as fast, with any kind of letdown, or major injuries. Knock on wood. One game at a time, lets kick the Raiders asses!!!!! And root for the Cardinals, we want the Giants and the Cards as the wildcards, it would set up the playoffs perfectly for us.

Badgerinmaine
12-08-2007, 03:29 PM
One game at a time, lets kick the Raiders asses!!!!! And root for the Cardinals, we want the Giants and the Cards as the wildcards, it would set up the playoffs perfectly for us.
What's your reasoning there? Of course, if he Packers get a first-round bye, they may well not play any wild cards.

4and12to12and4
12-08-2007, 03:50 PM
One game at a time, lets kick the Raiders asses!!!!! And root for the Cardinals, we want the Giants and the Cards as the wildcards, it would set up the playoffs perfectly for us.
What's your reasoning there? Of course, if he Packers get a first-round bye, they may well not play any wild cards.

My reasoning is that I don't want any other East teams in it, especially the Skins, they are dangerous, and I certainly don't want any other North teams in it, don't want Peterson in the playoffs or the Detroit offense. So, my thinking is that it might play out that if the Giants can win their first game, and the other division winner wins it's game, we will play either Tampa or Seattle, (hopefully Tampa because of the cold climate of Lambeau, and the Giants might be the team to knock off the Boys, it's hard for a team to beat another three times in the same year. So, I just envision us possibly playing against the Giants at home for the Championship, not the Boys on the road. I want the Cards to get in because they will probably lose to the winner of the West or South, and if the Giants win their game, they go to Dallas. That's just my hopes for how it all plays out. Who knows. I just think it's our best shot to get to the SB if the scenario could work out that way. I definitely don't want any North or East teams in other than the Giants, Philly and the Skins are capable of winning in the postseason, and I don't want to face the Lions or the Queens, and yes, that's assuming any of these teams beat Seattle and/or Tampa, which is very possible.