PDA

View Full Version : Friday Injury Report : Practice Notes

packers11
12-07-2007, 12:46 PM
Injury Notes :

The Packers are targeting Week 15 for Bubba Franks to rejoin the lineup.

Franks' knee injury will keep him out of Sunday's game against Oakland.
Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

Packers CB Charles Woodson (toe, questionable) practiced Friday.

Woodson is likely to return to his right cornerback spot against Oakland.

Brett Favre (elbow, left shoulder) "threw the ball well" in practice Friday, according to Packers coach Mike McCarthy.

Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

Practice Notes:

Coach Mike McCarthy said Jason Spitz and Junius Coston will start at left and right guard, respectively. Daryn Colledge will backup at four, maybe all five line positions;

CB Charles Woodson (toe) will be listed as questionable but had a good day at practice. "I thought he looked pretty good," McCarthy said. "He's really picked up his progress in rehab. He looked pretty natural out there today. We'll see how he feels tomorrow and then make a decision."

If Woodson can't go, Jarrett Bush will once again start. However, McCarthy said Bush, Tramon Williams, Will Blackmon and Frank Walker will rotate in the game because McCarthy wants all of them to get playing time. "I'd like to see them all play. I think they're all pretty even as far as ability and performance level. I've been impressed with the secondary as they've worked through the week. My point is, I think we're in good shape," McCarthy said;

Corey Williams was limited in practice but McCarthy said Williams is just sore and they wanted to get him some rest for Oakland after he played a lot against Dallas; [/u]

Tony Oday
12-07-2007, 02:28 PM
I say let Woodson heal, give him another week off. He is too important for us to rush him back...

Scott Campbell
12-07-2007, 03:22 PM
So he's likely to return to his cornerback spot. But what about the kick returning duties?

Joemailman
12-07-2007, 03:37 PM
I don't think you'll see Woodson returning any punts for a while. Will Blackmon is ready to come back, although I'm not sure if he'll be activated. At any rate, Tramon Williams can return punts. I still think MM will be careful with Woodson, if there is any doubt at all. It's more important to have him 100% for the playoffs than to have him against Oakland.

Partial
12-07-2007, 03:44 PM
I reiterate. Woodson will play if healthy. He is a gamer playing against his old team. Of course he'll go. If we want that bye in the playoffs, we need him. He can rest up then.

Harlan Huckleby
12-07-2007, 04:26 PM
I reiterate. Woodson will play if healthy. He is a gamer playing against his old team. Of course he'll go. If we want that bye in the playoffs, we need him. He can rest up then.

This is obvious, but a partially-healed injury could get set back - WAY BACK, and the Packers might lose Woodson for the season. That's the issue. Maybe he'll play, but its a health decision, not a pressing need to earn a bye.

If Woodson ever returns a punt again for the Packers I'm a monkey's uncle. I know McCarthy made a brave speech about "it was the right thing to do, and by gum, we'd do it again." Right, coach. Keep your pride, but quietly let another guy stick with the job.

oregonpackfan
12-07-2007, 04:33 PM
I was afraid I was going to read that Rodgers aggravated his hamstring injury by falling off the bench! :)