PDA

View Full Version : dallas media pretty tough on the Pack...

gbgary
12-07-2007, 08:34 PM
one member here said "if Green Bay comes back here (in the playoffs) with this coach (m3), and this quarterback (Favre), dallas will win by 50!"

another commentary on the ridiculous game plan and execution.

Scott Campbell
12-07-2007, 08:50 PM
One could only hope their team would be that complacent.

PackerTimer
12-07-2007, 08:50 PM
And yet with multiple starters out of the game and some very questionable calls from the refs the mighty cowboys could only beat us by 10. Wonder what the hell will happen to make us lose by 50?

pbmax
12-07-2007, 08:56 PM
Gloat all they want, but the Packers did everything they could to give the game away and still came withing a score of tying that game in the 4th quarter. Between injuries and players acting like they had never been on TV before, I am much more confident about next time.

4and12to12and4
12-07-2007, 08:59 PM
This is why I'm glad we lost that game, it completely plays into our hands emotionally if we meet them in the playoffs, we will be going into the game with so much more fierceness and will to win, and they will be going in with an overconfidence that will destroy any chance of them winning if we play without making ridiculous errors and turnovers. The mental edge is completely on our side since they think they are so much better than us, and they didn't even see anything close to what we are all about this year. Half our defense watched the game, and if we can be healthy for the playoffs, we will kick their asses. It will be one of the best days in the history of Lambeau, and Brett will dominate the game, as will our HEALTHY defense. We just need to get healthy and get the second seed, and a bye, and if healthy, we will have the upper hand.

Packers4Ever
12-07-2007, 09:04 PM
one member here said "if Green Bay comes back here (in the playoffs) with this coach (m3), and this quarterback (Favre), dallas will win by 50!"

Ouch!!!
It's got to get a whole lot better in a short amount of time.
What could have gone so wrong with the play in so many areas?

Let's hope M3 was taking a bundle of notes on what went
wrong on both sides of the ball and will make corrections. Dallas
will be ready and waiting for Green Bay and our guys can do so much
better than what we saw a week ago. Nightmare......
:shock:

4and12to12and4
12-07-2007, 09:11 PM

Ouch!!!
It's got to get a whole lot better in a short amount of time.
What could have gone so wrong with the play in so many areas?

Let's hope M3 was taking a bundle of notes on what went
wrong on both sides of the ball and will make corrections. Dallas
will be ready and waiting for Green Bay and our guys can do so much
better than what we saw a week ago. Nightmare......
:shock:

Don't worry about it. We needed to lose that game. No pressure on us the rest of the year, too much pressure week to week on Dallas to hold on to the top seed, that's there problem. I don't mind the Championship away from Lambeau, our speed defense, and quick receivers need to have solid ground under them anyways, not slippery cold weather. We're better off not playing in Lambeau at the end of January. We will kick Dallas' ass if we meet them healthy. Chances are, Romo will throw 7 pics in there first game, and we'll be facing the Giants or Tampa at home anyways for the NFC crown. They are too full of themselves to make it to the Superbowl, when TO is one of the captains of you're team, you're fucked.

GrnBay007
12-07-2007, 09:50 PM
I was at a party tonight and had a nice conversation with a Dallas fan....I know, weird...lol Anyway, first thing he asked is how Favre is and if he will play on Sunday. Said he hated to see someone like Favre leave a game to injury. Went on to have a good discussion about the game and he said a match up between the two team could easily go either way. There are some decent Dallas fans out there.

oregonpackfan
12-07-2007, 11:51 PM
Before the Packers start talking about a rematch with Dallas, they need to focus on regaining their offensive punch and strengthening their pass rush against opposing quarterbacks. First things first.

the_idle_threat
12-08-2007, 12:14 AM
I'm OK with them being the better team right now, if we can be the better team later.

Harlan Huckleby
12-08-2007, 12:36 AM
Dallas is really good on their offensive and defensive lines. Packers have a lot of distance to makeup. Of course anything can happen in a single game.

Bretsky
12-08-2007, 07:37 AM
Before the Packers start talking about a rematch with Dallas, they need to focus on regaining their offensive punch and strengthening their pass rush against opposing quarterbacks. First things first.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

They just need to get back to playing well on both sides of the ball first; with Jolly on the DL long term this becomes more challenging

pbmax
12-08-2007, 09:11 AM
I wonder if Banaczyk (?) caught something in his review. Do you think they'll stop AK from chipping the tight end so he can mount an ears pinned back pass rush? KGB coming back will help.

I love that KGB is seen as an asset now that he is being used correctly. Given the increase in cap and salaries, he almost looks reasonably priced.

It would be even more enjoyable to seen Wayne Simmons throw Witten around like he did with Brent Jones in the Divisional Game in 95.

Bretsky
12-08-2007, 09:46 AM
I wonder if Banaczyk (?) caught something in his review. Do you think they'll stop AK from chipping the tight end so he can mount an ears pinned back pass rush? KGB coming back will help.

I love that KGB is seen as an asset now that he is being used correctly. Given the increase in cap and salaries, he almost looks reasonably priced.

It would be even more enjoyable to seen Wayne Simmons throw Witten around like he did with Brent Jones in the Divisional Game in 95.

Wayne Simmons was one of my favorite players. A nasty guy who played mean. Like Odell Thurman in his rookie year. Unfortunately players with that destructive mentality often take that home with them as well

gbgary
12-08-2007, 10:28 AM
it was the offensive game plan and it's execution. how much of the game, when Brett was in there, resembled the Packers of this season? NONE! only when Rodgers went in did the offense look and run like it has been. it was M3's play calling. he admitted he wanted to be "even more aggessive" and it took them out of their comfort zone. there was no protection or time for Brett so he was under a huge amount of pressure. it got him embarassed and hurt. i said it before and i'll say it again...this game is on M3 as was the bear game. if they see dallas again he needs to keep the Packers playing their brand of football and let the chips fall where they may.

KYPack
12-08-2007, 12:24 PM

Wayne Simmons was one of my favorite players. A nasty guy who played mean. Like Odell Thurman in his rookie year. Unfortunately players with that destructive mentality often take that home with them as well

Too bad about Wayne. He literally "crazied" his way out of the game.

I had this picture of Wayne in my office. It was an action shot of him pre-snap. He was towering over Brent Jones. His arms were extended, fists clenched. He was screaming at Jones, who was scared shitless. Jones was hunkered down like was trying to make himself invisible. Jones was a foot shorter than the tackle next to him in his stance.

Classic shot of a classic player.

Just never meant to last.

Joemailman
12-08-2007, 12:40 PM

The Packers aren't talking about a rematch with Dallas, we are. :D The Packers have to worry about Oakland, but we don't. Heck, I practically got the Pack in the Super Bowl already. :cow: :pack: :cow: