PDA

View Full Version : Some keys to beating da Raiders

Fosco33
12-08-2007, 10:36 PM
It's been a long week and a half since a mostly disappointing game in Irving, TX. If you're like me and were looking ahead in the schedule, the Oakland game seemed winnable - especially at Lambeau.

Week 14 teams are usually injured at a few starter positions - but this game has some guys playing hurt or missing action altogether. This game should not be passed up on overall importance as winning three of four guarantees a bye and a home game in January. And a W on Sunday clinches the NFCN.

Here are some of my thoughts on how to beat the Raiders tomorrow:

1. Keep Brett Favre protected. With Colledge being benched, the O-line is shifting around again. Spitz and Coston need to play well at G. Aaron Rodgers got his most PT since a year ago when he played and got injured quickly. His durability scares me the most as Nall is the next in line to take snaps if Favre can't go.

2. Keep Favre on a throw count. With numbness and cold weather, Favre needs to keep the throw count down to under 30 attempts. To do that, Grant will need to get it early and often. The Raiders are the 30th ranked run defense - stick it to them.

3. Contain Fargas. He has the most yards in the NFL for RBs since Week 8.

4. Allow playmakers to make plays. Get the ball to Jennings, Driver, Lee, Jones - and don't force it into coverage. Be selective. We have a good punter and a solid defense.

5. Make good decisions. Know when to challenge and when to hold it. Don't throw so much on 3rd and 1 (we're one of the worst conversion teams in that situation). Manage the clock. To me that's all on M3.

gbpackfan
12-08-2007, 10:45 PM
I think the key to the Raiders game is the run game.

Stop the Raiders and get ours going. PERIOD.

GrnBay007
12-08-2007, 10:47 PM
I sure hope Brett gets lots of protection tomorrow.

OS PA
12-09-2007, 04:35 AM
I think the key to the Raiders game is scoring more points than they do.

Rastak
12-09-2007, 05:49 AM
I think the key to the Raiders game is scoring more points than they do.

Nah, that's very overrated.

MJZiggy
12-09-2007, 08:13 AM
Wait!! I think he may be on to something here. Scoring points...what a concept!! I like it!!!!