PDA

View Full Version : Blame for the missed deep throws in Dallas

RashanGary
12-09-2007, 11:07 AM
I'm getting tired of hearing blame on MM for calling deep balls. The way every thing played out, it looks like it just wasn't there or that it was a stupid game plan, but after watching and rewatching the game, those deep balls were not that bad of calls. It was the excecution and a couple really nice plays by the Dallas defense.

1. play Favre had an open Jones and missed the throw. That's one point for MM for calling a play that should have been an explosive gain if not for the bad throw. Favre gets a negative 2 for throwing a bad pass.

2. Favre had Driver in single coverage with late help over the top. He let it go, but Newman made a great play. I give Newman 3 points for making a GREAT play with neither Favre or MM getting docked. It was just a great play by a great player in his prime.

3. The flea flicker was a horrible decision by the QB. It had nothing to do with the play. In fact, the flea flicker set up Jennings wide open on what could have easily been an 80 yard touchdown with all of the open field he had. Favre just made an awfull decision. I give Favre a negative 3 for chucking it inot triple coverage and doing a Rex Grossman impersonation and McCarthy a plus 2 for calling a great play that had the intermediate coverage of the Dallas defense completely confused and should have been a TD if not for the QB.

4. The play where Favre went out, the protection broke down. I give 2 points to the Dallas defense for making a great play. I give -2 to the Packers Oline for breaking down in coverage and a negative 1 to Favre for letting go of a pass when he should have just taken a sack. Just becuase the Oline screws up doesn't mean Favre has to give up and toss and INT.

Overall

Favre -6
McCarthy + 3
Oline - 2
Dallas defense +5

The big loser here was Favre and the protection. They have to get his decision cleaned up and the pass protection cleaned up. I know it seems like crucifying Favre for one bad decision is rough but he's the QB. The great ones win the big ones becuase they don't make those throws. I have high expectation for Brett Favre and he did not live up to his HOF billing in the Dallas game.

MM called a decent game, the players just failed to come through. Maybe you blame MM for the preweek prep, but you can't blame him for playcalls that were there.

The Shadow
12-09-2007, 11:09 AM
"The Poor Deep Balls"
Good name for a new boy band, J! :D

RashanGary
12-09-2007, 11:15 AM
I understand it was just one game and Brett has done a great job overall this year. However, when anylizing this game, it's not accurate to blame MM and give Favre a pass just because Favre has been good all year. That's the easy thing to do, but it's not what happened.

b bulldog
12-09-2007, 11:29 AM
Nick, it is never Brett's fault. MM said if he didn't throw long, he was going to fine him. :lol:

The Leaper
12-09-2007, 11:57 AM
I understand it was just one game and Brett has done a great job overall this year. However, when anylizing this game, it's not accurate to blame MM and give Favre a pass just because Favre has been good all year. That's the easy thing to do, but it's not what happened.

I've criticized McCarthy, but I'm not giving Favre a pass.

The game plan was flawed. We tried to get cute and try to trick the Cowboys instead of playing our game. McCarthy KNOWS Favre is a gunslinger. COming out with that kind of game plan in a game like that was a recipe for disaster. If Favre wants to chuck it deep after reading a coverage at the line of scrimmage, great. Don't game plan for it though...we don't have the dominant deep threats in the passing game to take advantage of that kind of game plan. Keep it underneath and let Driver and Jennings make plays in space one-on-one as they have all year.

If you can't take that as a lesson from that game, I don't know what game you were watching.

Freak Out
12-09-2007, 12:03 PM
Favre throws the damn balls..nobody else...now let it go Borat.

GBRulz
12-09-2007, 12:26 PM
You talk about TT haters just waiting to come out of the woodwork when something goes wrong. You are exactly the same when it comes to Favre.
He has a bad game and you just love to hash the shit out of it, don't you?

We get it. You're bored with Favre and you want Rodgers to play.

GrnBay007
12-09-2007, 01:27 PM
There is a sale at Target today on knee pads. If you hurry, the first 50 people can get them personalized for free. TT & MM.

GrnBay007
12-09-2007, 01:56 PM
Nice deep ball Favre to Jennings. 80 yards. #437 for Brett.

who gets the credit for that one, Favre or MM ?

RashanGary
12-09-2007, 03:05 PM

you are such a mindless idiot. You are so emotional and illogical that you really can't see criticism in any sort of rational light. It's sad.

b bulldog
12-09-2007, 03:14 PM
Actually that deep ball was a jump ball and that goes to jennings. Brett didn't look real sharp today but he got the job done. The Oline and Will were my studs today. Hawk and the D ingeneral also played very well. Hawk is starting to make more plays.

GrnBay007
12-09-2007, 03:23 PM

you are such a mindless idiot. You are so emotional and illogical that you really can't see criticism in any sort of rational light. It's sad.

LOL!!

How could I forget ....you are SO right about everything!!

FO

b bulldog
12-09-2007, 03:24 PM
Settle down everyone, we won :D

MJZiggy
12-09-2007, 03:29 PM

Please explain to me what is emotional or illogical about that question. I think it's fair and you should answer it. Unless you have no answer?

Joemailman
12-09-2007, 03:33 PM

LOL!!

How could I forget ....you are SO right about everything!!

FO

FO? What does than mean. Flying Objects? :huh: :P

MadtownPacker
12-09-2007, 03:42 PM
BUMP - For pendejos who run their mouths prematurely!!! :D

Joemailman
12-09-2007, 03:45 PM

Wait a minute Borat. All women are emotional and illogical. That doesn't make them idiots.

FritzDontBlitz
12-09-2007, 03:45 PM

Please explain to me what is emotional or illogical about that question. I think it's fair and you should answer it. Unless you have no answer?

I'll take "he has no answer" for $500, Alex.

FritzDontBlitz
12-09-2007, 03:46 PM
I'm getting tired of hearing blame on MM for calling deep balls. The way every thing played out, it looks like it just wasn't there or that it was a stupid game plan, but after watching and rewatching the game, those deep balls were not that bad of calls. It was the excecution and a couple really nice plays by the Dallas defense.

1. play Favre had an open Jones and missed the throw. That's one point for MM for calling a play that should have been an explosive gain if not for the bad throw. Favre gets a negative 2 for throwing a bad pass.

2. Favre had Driver in single coverage with late help over the top. He let it go, but Newman made a great play. I give Newman 3 points for making a GREAT play with neither Favre or MM getting docked. It was just a great play by a great player in his prime.

3. The flea flicker was a horrible decision by the QB. It had nothing to do with the play. In fact, the flea flicker set up Jennings wide open on what could have easily been an 80 yard touchdown with all of the open field he had. Favre just made an awfull decision. I give Favre a negative 3 for chucking it inot triple coverage and doing a Rex Grossman impersonation and McCarthy a plus 2 for calling a great play that had the intermediate coverage of the Dallas defense completely confused and should have been a TD if not for the QB.

4. The play where Favre went out, the protection broke down. I give 2 points to the Dallas defense for making a great play. I give -2 to the Packers Oline for breaking down in coverage and a negative 1 to Favre for letting go of a pass when he should have just taken a sack. Just becuase the Oline screws up doesn't mean Favre has to give up and toss and INT.

Overall

Favre -6
McCarthy + 3
Oline - 2
Dallas defense +5

The big loser here was Favre and the protection. They have to get his decision cleaned up and the pass protection cleaned up. I know it seems like crucifying Favre for one bad decision is rough but he's the QB. The great ones win the big ones becuase they don't make those throws. I have high expectation for Brett Favre and he did not live up to his HOF billing in the Dallas game.

MM called a decent game, the players just failed to come through. Maybe you blame MM for the preweek prep, but you can't blame him for playcalls that were there.

:bs2: :beat:

MadtownPacker
12-09-2007, 03:48 PM

Wait a minute Borat. All women are emotional and illogical. That doesn't make them idiots.Just the one that lets JH bang her. :lol: :lol:

RashanGary
12-09-2007, 03:50 PM

What does her comment have to do with this thread? First of all, it was obviously a good call by the coach and a good play by the QB and WR so there was no need to even ask the quesiton unless you were trying ot prove a point with sarcasm.

With that in mind, smart ass, I went on the assumption that she had no intention of finding the asnwer because it was so obvious. If she really did want to know, then I was wrong to assume her tone to be sarcastic and I am wrong for my sharp response. I highly doubt she is this inexplicably dumb, so I went with the more likely sinerio in which she is upset with my opinion that Favre was more to blame than McCarthy and here question was a sarcastic one meant to somehow prove that Brett is good.

The reason I called her idiotic and irrational was because Brett having a bad game does not, in any way, preclude him from being good or playing well the next game. By asking a sarcastic, obvious question, she passive aggressively revealed her opinino to me and I believe that opinion to be idiotic so I responded by calling it as I saw it.

RashanGary
12-09-2007, 03:57 PM
Did you really wonder, 007? Are you really that dumb? I gave you more credit than that. I thought you were just being both dumb (by not realize how your intended sarcasm was irrelivant) and sarcastic (by asking a question you knew the answer to as if to say my view of the Cowboy game is somehow proven to be wrong now).

I'm sorry if I overlooked your baffling incapablity to think on a normal human level and went with the assumption that you were passive-aggressively attacking me.

FritzDontBlitz
12-09-2007, 03:58 PM
Jeez, dude. Give it a rest.

RashanGary
12-09-2007, 04:03 PM
You have social skills, like retail guy, so you carry weight in the social circle; but you share retailguy's lack of normal human levels of intelligence. Conversating with either of you is almost torturous. I feel like I'm debating a cocky group of special education students (bless their souls). The most popular idiot wins :roll:

GrnBay007
12-09-2007, 04:16 PM
I thought you were just being both dumb (by not realize how your intended sarcasm was irrelivant)

Irrelevant (correct spelling) or not...got the point across, huh?

and sarcastic (by asking a question you knew the answer to as if to say my view of the Cowboy game is somehow proven to be wrong now).

Just asking who gets the credit this week....it always differs with you.

I'm sorry if I overlooked your baffling incapablity to think on a normal human level and went with the assumption that you were passive-aggressively attacking me.

funny, I've never been told I have a baffling incapability (correct spelling) to think on a normal human level. Quite the opposite actually.

As far as passive-aggressively attacking you.......how does that feel? You've done it quite often to others.

GrnBay007
12-09-2007, 04:18 PM
You have social skills, like retail guy, so you carry weight in the social circle; but you share retailguy's lack of normal human levels of intelligence. Conversating with either of you is almost torturous. I feel like I'm debating a cocky group of special education students (bless their souls). The most popular idiot wins :roll:

LOL just can't let it go, can ya? You hate when anyone questions your football opinions.

Normal human levels of intelligence? LOL spare me!!

Partial
12-09-2007, 04:18 PM

Seriously? Of all people to make a statement like that?

oregonpackfan
12-09-2007, 04:33 PM

JH,

A number of your postings are caustic and downright rude!

Maybe you should consider following the Golden Rule "Do Unto others as you would have them do unto you."

GBRulz
12-09-2007, 05:49 PM
JH, what do you expect from people, honestly? You bash the hell out of Brett for a bad game against Dallas and refuse to let it go. You say how bored you are with him and want Rodgers in.

Then, someone calls you out on something you bash Brett for left and right and you go postal (sorry, Joe) on their ass. Then the name calling begins. Suddenly THEY are the ones being illogical? :roll:

GrnBay007
12-09-2007, 07:17 PM
Then the name calling begins. Suddenly THEY are the ones being illogical? :roll: Don't forget emotional and a mindless idiot!! :glug:

MadtownPacker
12-09-2007, 07:21 PM
Then the name calling begins. Suddenly THEY are the ones being illogical? :roll: Don't forget emotional and a mindless idiot!! :glug:I have reconsidered and think JH is only half wrong about what he is saying. :lol:

GrnBay007
12-09-2007, 07:26 PM
Then the name calling begins. Suddenly THEY are the ones being illogical? :roll: Don't forget emotional and a mindless idiot!! :glug:I have reconsidered and think JH is only half wrong about what he is saying. :lol:

:roll:

Freak Out
12-09-2007, 07:28 PM
You are so emotional and illogical that you really can't see criticism in any sort of rational light. It's sad.

You should change your screen name to Spock.....no, that would be insulting to Spock/Nimoy.

BallHawk
12-09-2007, 07:29 PM
Jesus, how many of these do we have a week?

JH, did you not learn from the God-knows-how-many threads that have gone this way in the past? It's the same every time.

1. JH makes statement

2. Somebody else questions statement

3. That somebody gets flamed

Same thread, different day.
:roll:

Joemailman
12-09-2007, 07:39 PM
JH does seem to reserve his toughest invective for the ladies though, if memory serves me correctly. Or Am I thinking of someone else?

MJZiggy
12-09-2007, 07:49 PM
JH does seem to reserve his toughest invective for the ladies though, if memory serves me correctly. Or Am I thinking of someone else?

No, I believe you have the right guy...