PDA

View Full Version : DaVinci Code

No Mo Moss
05-16-2006, 02:59 PM
I just found out this is a Ron Howard film. Oh I can't wait to see what role Clint Howard has in this one.
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f86/killoran25/ClintHoward.jpg

jack's smirking revenge
05-16-2006, 03:02 PM
I just found out this is a Ron Howard film. Oh I can't wait to see what role Clint Howard has in this one.

According to IMDB, he's not in it. Surprising, since he seems to be in all of his bro's films in some capacity.

tyler

No Mo Moss
05-16-2006, 03:05 PM
WHAT?!!! This is an outrage!
My favorite actor only gets a shot at the big screen once every two years and little Ronny can't find a fucking part for him. This could have been Clint's big break. I'm sure he would have been a great Italian Police Officer #3.

Little Whiskey
05-16-2006, 03:11 PM
have you guys/gals read the book yet?? i have not but wonder what anyone else thinks of it.

Deputy Nutz
05-16-2006, 03:13 PM
Anyone ever see the ICE CREAM MAN? Clint Howard was damn good in that little horror flick. Ron Howard didn't even direct ICE CREAM MAN adn Clint got the lead roll. Shows what you all know.

MJZiggy
05-16-2006, 03:27 PM
have you guys/gals read the book yet?? i have not but wonder what anyone else thinks of it.

Really good read. Excellent, IMHO. Tackle it on a day when you're thinking clearly.

Little Whiskey
05-16-2006, 03:32 PM
does it raise point that you would consider? or did you feel the book was pure fiction?

i have seen a couple shows on the book, from both sides.

MJZiggy
05-16-2006, 03:36 PM
I can't completely discount anything because I was not there back then and I do not know what really happened. The book raises interesting, yet highly controversial ideas as you well know if you've seen the shows about it. Many people are very unhappy with Dan Brown.

jack's smirking revenge
05-16-2006, 03:52 PM
Anyone ever see the ICE CREAM MAN? Clint Howard was damn good in that little horror flick. Ron Howard didn't even direct ICE CREAM MAN adn Clint got the lead roll. Shows what you all know.

Ever seen "House of the Dead"? Clint should stay away from acting after that flick...

tyler

No Mo Moss
05-16-2006, 04:10 PM
This is Clint Howard on Star Trek as a kid. Holy Shit, that's a terrifiying child.
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f86/killoran25/clintstartrek.jpg

Rastak
05-16-2006, 04:49 PM

I thought it was an outstanding read....as was his otehr book with the same main charactor...Angels and Demons.

hurleyfan
05-16-2006, 05:57 PM

I thought it was an outstanding read....as was his otehr book with the same main charactor...Angels and Demons.
Angels & Demons is actually the "PREquell" to the Code right?

Very good read (the DaVinci Code), will be interesting to see how the movie plays out!

I know Ron Howard didn't do Water Boy, but his brother was in that also!

Iron Mike
05-16-2006, 06:16 PM

My inner child wants to say that Clint's acting zenith was in "Gentle Ben"
http://www.buffyguide.com/episodes/pangs/gentleben.jpg

But my inner adolescent KNOWS he hit his stride as Eaglebauer in "Rock and Roll High School"
http://www.kauhajoki.fi/~jplaitio/picture/rrhigh1.jpg

MJZiggy
05-16-2006, 06:17 PM
Yes, Angels and Demons is the first Langdon novel. Then Da Vinci Code.

hurleyfan
05-16-2006, 06:54 PM
Wonder how the great Tom Hanks will be as Langdon? If they make Angels and Demons into a movie, does Hanks play Langdon in that as well??

Anyone looking forward to the movie??

MJZiggy
05-16-2006, 07:53 PM
I've heard they made a lot of concessions in the movie so I want to see it, but I'm worried that I'll hate it because they strayed too far from the book.

hurleyfan
05-16-2006, 08:06 PM
MJ,
the movie usually does stray too far from the book.. I am looking forward to it though

MJZiggy
05-16-2006, 08:12 PM
Good point...

hurleyfan
05-16-2006, 08:15 PM
it'll be intersting to see how they portray the "bishop" & the chosn one!

oregonpackfan
05-16-2006, 11:20 PM
I found it a fascinating fictional read. Please note the adjective "fictional."

A number of Christian conservative groups are upset about some aspects of the book forgetting that it is fiction.

I look forward to seeing the movie.

Deputy Nutz
05-17-2006, 12:40 PM
Read Holy Blood, Holy Grail. It is a slow read but very interesting.

MJZiggy
05-17-2006, 01:01 PM
Didn't the authors of that book discredit it's own veracity in the course of trying to sue Dan Brown? I could have sworn I saw an interview during which one of them discredited the work calling it a hoax.

Deputy Nutz
05-17-2006, 02:32 PM
Your going to have to google that. From what I recall Brown gave them serious props at the beginning of the book.

MJZiggy
05-17-2006, 05:10 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Blood,_Holy_Grail

Only take the link if you have either read these books or don't mind having the premise ruined for you.

I guess it was the author's son according to this, but they are just disputing one part of the basis of the book.