PDA

View Full Version : Favre stayed in the game

Guiness
12-09-2007, 08:11 PM
Didn't see a thread about this, and was just wondering what others thought of it. :?

I don't know what to think. I know Nall isn't up to speed or anything, but once we were up in the 4th, I would've like to see him come in. I know Favre likes to stay in the games, but he's hurting, and I wish they'd taken him out.

Nall couldn't have done much, but handing it off to Morency is all that had to happen.

b bulldog
12-09-2007, 08:16 PM
Somone will probably start a thread hoping he will now get hurt because we were up by 31 and Brett was still in. :lol:

oregonpackfan
12-09-2007, 08:28 PM
Favre looked pretty good to me. He did get up limping slightly after a knockdown.

I think the Packers in general, and Favre in particular, needed this win to get their rhythm back after the loss to the Cowboys.

I'm glad 3M started Favre instead of resting him.

FritzDontBlitz
12-09-2007, 09:12 PM
Nall is essentially their 3rd string QB, and from most reports he was seriously rusty. I have no problem with allowing Favre to continue on, and the final TD pass to Donald Lee wasn't running it up at all because the last 30 yards of the td run were all Lee. I think M3 did good by not getting complacent at the end of games like they did in the Caarolina and Detroit games, where they built huge leads and then let the team make a run at them at the end.

gbpackfan
12-09-2007, 11:53 PM
Fans need to realize that I know the playbook better then Nall at this point. The guy has been with the team for what, a week? He complained of serious arm fatigue on Friday. MM made the right decision keeping Favre in. Favre handed the ball off in the 4th quarter (except for the TD pass) so MM protected him from injury. I have no problem with MM's tactics. If A-Rod was healthy, he would have been in there. Nall was only an EMERGENCY option for this game. I was happy to watch Brett play the whole game, and so were the other 70,000 plus season ticket holders!

The Leaper
12-10-2007, 08:22 AM
If ARod were healthy, I think he would've been in there. By all accounts, Nall was horrible in practice this week, and would not have seen the field unless Favre had been injured.

I'm hoping ARod gets healthy for the last 2 weeks. I'd like to see more of him if Green Bay gets up by more than 14 in the 4th quarter.

MadtownPacker
12-10-2007, 10:45 AM
I wouldn't call for M3's head this time because all Favre was doing was handing off the ball for the most part.

Guiness
12-11-2007, 09:11 PM
If ARod were healthy, I think he would've been in there. By all accounts, Nall was horrible in practice this week, and would not have seen the field unless Favre had been injured.

I'm hoping ARod gets healthy for the last 2 weeks. I'd like to see more of him if Green Bay gets up by more than 14 in the 4th quarter.

Agreed - I hope he can play, because I'd really like to see him get some serious minutes over the next couple of weeks. He played very well against Dallas, and it would be nice to see him build on that. It would be a real confidence builder.