12-09-2007, 09:25 PM
As of now the Six NFC Playoff teams are:

1. Dallas 12-1
2. Green Bay 11-2
3. Seattle 9-4
4. Tampa Bay 8-5
5. N.Y. Giants 9-4
6. Minnesota 7-6

The 1st round games would be Minnesota at Seattle and N.Y. Giants at Tampa Bay. I still think there is a reasonable chance that the Packers could get the NFC Title game in Green Bay. That is because I think that Seattle, Tampa Bay (if Garcia is healthy), and Minnesota are all capable of upsetting the Cowboys in a playoff game. Seattle is probably the one that would worry Dallas the most, although for that matchup to happen, Seattle would have to fall to the 4th seed in the playoff picture. I don't think that Dallas, despite their record, is playing great football right now. They nearly blew a 17 point lead to a banged up Packer team, and were lucky to beat a Detroit team that was in a free fall.

pittstang5
12-09-2007, 09:33 PM
You know, we'd be closer to the possibility of homefield advantage throughout had it not been for the horrible, cursedly luck of the Detroit Lions.

Seriously, how do you miss a 35 yard field goal...AT HOME! IN A DOME!

(Sorry, I really hate the unbelievable luck the Cowboys have had this year)

BallHawk
12-09-2007, 09:36 PM
Hanson rarely misses from 50, yet alone 35.

Maybe God is a Cowboy fan.....:?:

Nah. :D

Tony Oday
12-09-2007, 09:39 PM
I would love to se the Vikes play the cowboys.

GBRulz
12-09-2007, 10:03 PM
Hanson rarely misses from 50, yet alone 35.

Maybe God is a Cowboy fan.....:?:

Nah. :D

Maybe someone needs to check Hanson's pockets. Is there a check in there from Jerry Jones?

Scott Campbell
12-09-2007, 10:56 PM
Chances are pretty good that Dallas will advance to the NFC title game. It's pretty rare to lose a home playoff game after a bye week - unless your the Bears.

:lol:

Freak Out
12-09-2007, 11:08 PM
Chances are pretty good that Dallas will advance to the NFC title game. It's pretty rare to lose a home playoff game after a bye week - unless your the Bears.

That is funny.

Jerry Tagge
12-10-2007, 01:28 PM

That is funny.

And true. Only 4 times since the current playoff format started in 1990 that a team with a bye lost its first playoff game.

1995 - Packers 27, 49ers 17
2001 - Eagles 33, Bears 19
2003 - Panthers 29, Rams 23 2OT
2005 - Panthers 29, Bears 21

All teams that lost were #2 seeds. No NFC #1 seed has ever lost in the divisional round.

Ballboy
12-10-2007, 01:33 PM
I want the Boys, anywhere, anytime......no matter.

I don't want any candy asses complaining that we made it to the Super Bowl but didn't have to play the best team.

Lurker64
12-10-2007, 01:37 PM
I don't want any candy asses complaining that we made it to the Super Bowl but didn't have to play the best team.

I guess if that happens, we'll just have to beat the Patriots...

Spaulding
12-10-2007, 03:10 PM
Not exactly liking the seeding as it stands. Both the Seahawks and Vikings are playing solid football right now and playing either would be a crapshoot. Only thing in our favor is that neither is a grass team. The Bucs and the Giants on the other head look to have major negatives and would be much easier.

The Leaper
12-10-2007, 03:14 PM
I actually think we matchup well with MIN and TB. The Giants probably wouldn't be bad either...although their pass rush is a concern. Seattle is certainly looking strong right now...it would be nice to see them drop to the #4 seed.

hoosier
12-10-2007, 03:34 PM
Not exactly liking the seeding as it stands. Both the Seahawks and Vikings are playing solid football right now and playing either would be a crapshoot. Only thing in our favor is that neither is a grass team. The Bucs and the Giants on the other head look to have major negatives and would be much easier.

Packers wouldn't face Minn unless Vikings end up getting seeded higher than Giants--if Minn is 6th seed and they beat Seattle, they play #1 seed. GB's most likely opponents, seems to me, are Seattle or the winner of TB/NYG game. But any of those four look eminently beatable.

LL2
12-10-2007, 03:34 PM

So, then the Packers stand a pretty good chance of making it to the NFC Championship game.

I think the team has what it takes to make it to the NFC Championship game. The question I have is do they have what it takes to make it to the SB and win it? Some questions are being answered like the running game and special teams.

Cheesehead Craig
12-10-2007, 04:18 PM
I just want to get that first round bye. I'm not going to worry about who we play. I think we match up well against everyone in the NFC. We will need the rest for the vets and get everyone healthy for the playoff run.

Bretsky
12-10-2007, 05:53 PM

So you are saying we're going to the NFC Title Game for sure then, right :lol:

b bulldog
12-10-2007, 08:38 PM
I'd like to see Minny play in Dallas but Seattle scares me.