PDA

View Full Version : Will Blackmon

Partial
12-09-2007, 10:10 PM
Two things:

He is a very good speaker and sounded surprisingly well-educated for an NFL player. I was very impressed with how he spoke on the post game show with Wayne and Larry. He had a good sense of humor as well.

Second, I think the Packers should look to incorporate him into some offensive plays. Maybe an end around or line him up for a direct snap. He is quick as a cat.

HarveyWallbangers
12-09-2007, 10:20 PM
I stated this last year about Blackmon: he's very intelligent, and he has that quiet confidence about himself. Kind of cocky, but not in jerk kind of way. Just seems like a cool cat with that arrogance that the good ones need. I hope he stays healthy. If he does, I think he can be a special player.

Freak Out
12-09-2007, 10:24 PM
Well spoken or not that return took balls.

pbmax
12-09-2007, 10:36 PM
Nerves of a thief, I hope he gets the job and Woodson adjusts well to that being taken off his plate.

FritzDontBlitz
12-09-2007, 10:52 PM
Didn't Blackmon play receiver in college?

Scott Campbell
12-09-2007, 10:53 PM
When everyone is healthy, we've got some players. There won't be so many holes next offseason.

Scott Campbell
12-09-2007, 10:53 PM

I think he just played WR his senior year. He played corner prior to that if I remember correctly.

4and12to12and4
12-09-2007, 11:16 PM

I think he just played WR his senior year. He played corner prior to that if I remember correctly.

Correct, and the school realized their mistake, because he became their number one target and may have set a school record for one year.

I've been waiting for this kid to get healthy for a long time, he, if he stays healthy will be an awesome ST weapon (ala Hester) and I believe could be a very good receiver. Time will tell, it's nice to see him on the field, finally.

oregonpackfan
12-09-2007, 11:18 PM
His scoring two special team touchdowns in one game is very rare.

b bulldog
12-10-2007, 04:51 PM
The only issue as it's been since he has been in GB is health with Blackmon. he was electric at BC and he does have some of his bestfriend in him, Devin Hester.

Cheesehead Craig
12-10-2007, 04:58 PM
The only issue as it's been since he has been in GB is health with Blackmon. he was electric at BC and he does have some of his bestfriend in him, Devin Hester.
And if he has half of Hester's return ability, I'm in heaven.

b bulldog
12-10-2007, 04:59 PM
Great point

Cheesehead Craig
12-10-2007, 05:20 PM
Now, if Blackmon can get his cover skills going, we'll have our successor to Woodson. THEN I'll be in heaven, with some apple pie, a la mode.

b bulldog
12-10-2007, 08:47 PM
Williams and Blackmon both have ability as corners and have a future. Will and Hester both work out in the summer with Deion Sanders. I think Will has very good ball skills ala Sanders, hopefully he can do half of what Sanders or hester have already done.

Joemailman
12-10-2007, 09:03 PM
When Blackmon was drafted, I remember it was mentioned that Blackmon might have been drafted as high as the 2nd round if he had stayed at CB his senior year. If he can stay healthy, getting him in the 4th was a steal. I agree that he is an heir apparent to eventually replace Harris/Woodson.

b bulldog
12-11-2007, 04:19 PM
I am very happy for Will, I hope now all of his injuries are behind him.

MadtownPacker
12-11-2007, 08:11 PM
His scoring two special team touchdowns in one game is very rare.I read where it wa the first time packer had done it since like 1986.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=317003

Blackmon's second score came on punt coverage; it was the first time the Packers scored twice on special teams since 1986 and he was the first Packer to do so since Travis Williams on Nov. 2, 1969, at Pittsburgh

Guiness
12-11-2007, 09:07 PM
Well spoken or not that return took balls.

Anyone got a clip, or a utube link for that return?

fan4life
12-12-2007, 08:18 AM
You can watch it at Packers.com or at NFL.com. Here's a link:

Blackmon ST scores (http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d804ee009)

MadtownPacker
12-12-2007, 11:02 AM
Damn, I just watched the play again and looks like Blackmon caught the ball on the run without breaking stride. Sick.

Harlan Huckleby
12-12-2007, 01:18 PM
I'm impressed that Blackmon came back so strong from a broken foot.

woodbuck27
12-13-2007, 06:41 PM

His first position at Boston Colledge was CB but the team asked him to move to WR in his senior year, as it was felt that he could most help the team playing that position.

He has a ton of talent and upside if he can shake the injury jinx.

He was one of if not the the most exciting picks for me personally- as a Packer fan 0 - in that draft.

He's a burner for the endzone if he can get the ball. Lots of talent.

ie punt returner. Blackmon owns that and Woodson needs to just play CB.

BF4MVP
12-13-2007, 07:17 PM
He was one of if not the the most exciting picks for me personally as a Packer fan in that draft.

Same here. I was really intrigued when I read that he may have been a second round pick if he hadn't played receiver for a year. Speaks volumes about his talent, as well as his willingness to be a team player. I think he's going to be a hell of a player. He'll be a big help in the return game right away (like he was last week), and I think he'll eventually develop into a good corner, and perhaps take one of the starting spots a couple years down the road, because Harris and Woodson aren't getting any younger.

woodbuck27
12-13-2007, 07:21 PM
He was one of if not the the most exciting picks for me personally as a Packer fan in that draft.

Same here. I was really intrigued when I read that he may have been a second round pick if he hadn't played receiver for a year. Speaks volumes about his talent, as well as his willingness to be a team player. I think he's going to be a hell of a player. He'll be a big help in the return game right away (like he was last week), and I think he'll eventually develop into a good corner, and perhaps take one of the starting spots a couple years down the road, because Harris and Woodson aren't getting any younger.

Lets just pray he gets the wheels under him. :)

From there he'll be just really fine.