PDA

View Full Version : Team Stats

HarveyWallbangers
12-10-2007, 01:02 AM
OFFENSE

4th in the NFL in scoring offense
3rd in total yards (2nd in passing, up to 24th in rushing)
9th in 3rd down%
4th in sacks allowed
3rd in passer rating

DEFENSE

6th in the NFL in scoring defense
9th in total yards allowed
1st in 3rd down %
9th in sacks
11th in opponent's passer rating

SPECIAL TEAMS

6th in punting net average
10th in kickoff coverage
5th in punt return average
20th in kickoff return average

We're also 9th in turnover margin at +6 and have the second most penalties.

Pretty well-rounded team. Rushing was a major weakness, but looks like it's been fixed with Ryan Grant's emergence. Kickoff returns are still weak, but I have hope that Williams and Robinson will break one. Maybe they'll put Blackmon back there. McCarthy needs to work at cleaning up the penalties.

HarveyWallbangers
12-10-2007, 01:19 AM
In its 4-9 season, Oakland previously hadn't been whipped by more than 15. In contrast, the Packers now have dominated three opponents in their last five games after not dominating even one in the opening eight games.

"First loss where we really got beat in every area," rookie coach Lane Kiffin said. "Credit them. They're a great team, and this is a tough place to play."

OS PA
12-10-2007, 04:53 AM
If Grant keeps it up we may be able to go above 100 yards per game and be in the top 15 running offenses... tickle me pink please.

HarveyWallbangers
12-25-2007, 01:15 AM
Packers are still top 10 in points scored, total yards, offensive 3rd down %, passer rating, punt return average, points allowed, yards allowed, opponent's 3rd down %, and opponent's passer rating, opponent's kickoff average, opponent's punt return average.

The two big weaknesses have gotten better: behind Ryan Grant they've moved up to 20th in rushing yards and Koren Robinson has given a spark to the kickoff return unit.

BF4MVP
12-25-2007, 01:27 AM
Going into the Bears game, Koren had averaged 26.7 yards per kickoff return this season. He didn't do much on Sunday, but he has been a major boost.

It is amazing how much Grant has helped the running game. He has to be one of the NFL's biggest steals of the offseason (maybe even THE biggest). We absolutely FLEECED the Giants with that deal..

b bulldog
12-25-2007, 08:56 AM
The two weaknesses have gottem much better but a strength has begun getting worse, the defense.

HarveyWallbangers
12-31-2007, 01:42 AM
Final Team Stats

OFFENSE

Points/Game - 4th
Yards/Game - 2nd
Yards/Play - 2nd
Passing Yards/Game - 2nd
Yards/Passing Play - 3rd
20+ Yard Passing Plays - 5th
40+ Yard Passing Plays - 1st
Sacks Allowed - 3rd
Passer Rating - 6th
Rushing Yards/Game - 21st
Yards/Rush - 11th
20+ Yard Run - 7th
40+ Yard Run - 4th
3rd Down % - 8th

DEFENSE

Points/Game - 6th
Yards/Game - 11th
Yards/Play - 8th
Passing Yards/Game - 12th
Yards/Passing Play - 9th
20+ Yard Passing Plays - 18th
40+ Yard Passing Plays - 8th
Sacks - 13th
Passer Rating - 6th
Rushing Yards/Game - 13th
Yards/Rush - 10th
20+ Yard Run - 5th
40+ Yard Run - 14th
3rd Down % - 2nd

SPECIAL TEAMS
Touchbacks - 8th
Kickoff Coverage - 6th
Kickoff Returns - 22nd
Punt Returns - 7th
Punt Net Average - 10th

MISC
Turnover Margin - 11th
Penalties - 29th

OS PA
12-31-2007, 02:35 AM
If Grant keeps it up we may be able to go above 100 yards per game and be in the top 15 running offenses... tickle me pink please.

98.8 Y/pg... I was so close!

PaCkFan_n_MD
12-31-2007, 08:11 AM

Ryan Grant is our next Ahman Green. I love that guy.

MadtownPacker
12-31-2007, 08:27 AM
OFFENSE

40+ Yard Passing Plays - 1st
This is a badass stat.

BTW - Nice stats HW, must have had to tweak all night to get all that info. :shock:

Scott Campbell
12-31-2007, 08:34 AM

Ryan Grant is our next Ahman Green. I love that guy.

I'd settle for Dorsey Levens. But with more longevity.

RashanGary
12-31-2007, 08:40 AM
After Jolly went down, you could see the downward spiral on our Dline. Harrell is young and looked incredibly rusty. Williams isn't a complete player. Then Pickett went down and suddenly it was like someone farted in the car and rolled up the windows. It stunk. :o

If I had to chart my confidence in the Packers ability to stop the run on a line chart with confidence going up and down on the left and each week of the season on the bottom, it would look like this:

It would steadily go up until the Carolina game when Jolly got injured. It would stay the same until we found out Jolly was out for the year. Each progressive week as our defense got gashed, it would drop, eventually breaking the panic line after the Chicago game. However, with the way Harrell has made strides and the rest and health of the line, my confidence just shot up a notch. I think there is reason to believe our team can play it's best football right now, when it counts. While we do miss Jolly, I think Harrell is finially showing why he was drafted. I think with Pickett back and Williams being Williams, they get back to doing what they did in the first half of the year and the rest of the team is playing better.

Roll down the windows 8-) , kick back and breath the fresh. Get in the back of the groovy superbowl van, enjoy the view of the 20 year old girls with perky boobies and white tanktops and take a hit off of the superbowl bong. It's 1996 all over again. Enjoy the ride 8-)

Look, I was 14 at the time, but that is how I remember it so don't ruin my diluted memory.

HarveyWallbangers
12-31-2007, 12:11 PM
BTW - Nice stats HW, must have had to tweak all night to get all that info. :shock:

Nah. They are all readily available on NFL.com.
:D