PDA

View Full Version : Vick gets 23 months in the cooler

Rastak
12-10-2007, 10:03 AM
Who was it that swore he wouldn't do a year? I figured he'd get the book tossed at him.

Scott Campbell
12-10-2007, 10:04 AM
Wow, that's ruff.

Zool
12-10-2007, 10:16 AM
Wow, that's ruff.

I spotted this one coming, and let me tell you Scott, you're barking up the wrong tree.

Think he will play rover on the prison softball team?

MadtownPacker
12-10-2007, 10:52 AM
He will end up getting out on parole in a year or less. 1 year or 5, he is ruined and will never have the $$$ he could have. That alone is justice right there.

Partial
12-10-2007, 11:02 AM
Wow, that's ruff.

I spotted this one coming, and let me tell you Scott, you're barking up the wrong tree.

He's lucky he's got some muscle otherwise he'd be bent over taking it like a dog.

MadtownPacker
12-10-2007, 11:24 AM
Wow, that's ruff.

He's lucky he's got some muscle otherwise he'd be bent over taking it like a dog.I doubt vick has been working out while he goes to court. The guys he will be hanging out with have nothing else to do but workout and be pissed off. Plus vick dropped a couple of dimes in this case so Im thinking that might cause him some problems with the general population.

He will be in PC anyways so he might be OK.

Scott Campbell
12-10-2007, 11:41 AM
He will end up getting out on parole in a year or less.

After the sentencing, Vick's lawyer Billy Martin said that he was hoping to get it reduced to 18 months for good behavior.

MadtownPacker
12-10-2007, 11:46 AM
After the sentencing, Vick's lawyer Billy Martin said that he was hoping to get it reduced to 18 months for good behavior.If the sentence gets reduced he will get out even sooner.

Jimx29
12-10-2007, 01:20 PM
He will end up getting out on parole in a year or less.

After the sentencing, Vick's lawyer Billy Martin said that he was hoping to get it reduced to 18 months for good behavior.
Martin also said "I didn't punch no doggies"

(some of us older rats may get that :D)

Carolina_Packer
12-10-2007, 01:35 PM
Wow, that's ruff.

I'm sure anything related to Michael Vick's prison sentence will fetch a good price on E-bay. I hear that is cell block is K-9.

Rastak
12-10-2007, 01:43 PM
After the sentencing, Vick's lawyer Billy Martin said that he was hoping to get it reduced to 18 months for good behavior.If the sentence gets reduced he will get out even sooner.

Yea, this judge is REAL lenient. I'm sure he'll give him lots of time off. He got over the recommended sentence because he tested positive for drugs while out on bail. Even if he gets it reduced, which I doubt, federal law (if I'm not mistaken) requires he serve 85%. He'll be in the can for at the very minimum 16 months.

woodbuck27
12-10-2007, 02:35 PM
Greeeeeaaaattt! :)

He won,t serve all of that most likely because he,ll be a good boy but a sentence that was more than a slap on the wrist looks good on him.

He sucks as an NFL QB anyway. All that money for all that hype and Dick ALL on the field.

A blessing in desguise for the Falcons.

Scott Campbell
12-10-2007, 04:39 PM
A blessing in desguise for the Falcons.

I don't think Arthur Blank wants anything to do with Vick.

GrnBay007
12-10-2007, 11:06 PM
Found this ad....lol

http://www.jimmyshowbiz.com/a1vicktoy.jpg

The World Famous
Vick Dog Chew Toy™

Voted Best Stocking Stuffer of 2007

GrnBay007
12-10-2007, 11:13 PM
Every State varies on the good time they grant prisoners but generally speaking a person spends more time behind bars in the Federal system then they do the State. Even if he is out in 16 months he may have to go through a halfway house or have supervised release. Since he tested + for drugs prior to sentencing he may even have drug testing 4x per month while on supervised release...that's very common.

Patler
12-11-2007, 12:25 AM
Although there is no parole in the federal system, with time off for good behavior Vick could be released in the summer of 2009.

On its Web site Monday, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution estimated that Vick has incurred financial losses of $142 million, including $71 million in Falcons salary, $50 million in endorsement income and nearly $20 million in previously paid bonuses.

Vick's hobby was costly!

theeaterofshades
12-11-2007, 10:43 AM
Don't forget he has his trial for the state charges coming yet. There is nothing that says any sentence from the state trial will need to be concurent. He could be locked up for longer than we think.

The Leaper
12-11-2007, 10:57 AM
It is unlikely Vick will ever play QB again in the NFL. He will likely be away from the game for 3 years, as even if he does get out in time for the 2009 season, he may earn additional time from a state infraction...and Goodell still would have to reinstate him. The chances of him returning in 2009 aren't looking very good either.

He wasn't any good as a passer prior to this, and that much time away from the game won't help him any. His athleticism, his one attribute of strength, will have waned somewhat during his stay in prison.

I suppose he may be able to return to the NFL in another capacity, but I doubt we will ever see Vick back under center in the NFL again.

MJZiggy
12-11-2007, 11:00 AM
I suppose he may be able to return to the NFL in another capacity,

water boy?

Patler
12-11-2007, 11:11 AM
Kick returns, if he can catch it.

vince
12-11-2007, 11:20 AM
I could see him bulking up in prison and coming back for a couple years as a running back.

I'd be surprised if the state sentence doesn't run concurrent.

The Leaper
12-11-2007, 11:20 AM
Kick returns, if he can catch it.

That would be my guess...a 4th/5th WR who offers a "slash" component and potentially could be a threat on special teams.