PDA

View Full Version : Lovie Switches QB's - AGAIN!

Scott Campbell
12-10-2007, 05:33 PM
Kyle Orton gets another chance as starting QB for Bears
December 10, 2007

LAKE FOREST, Ill. (AP) -- Another quarterback switch for the floundering Chicago Bears.

Kyle Orton, who started 15 games as a rookie in 2005, returned to the role ahead of veteran Brian Griese on Monday.

ADVERTISEMENT
Orton, who hasn't played since the season finale two years ago, will start next Monday night's game against the Minnesota Vikings in the Metrodome.

With the Bears out of the playoff picture at 5-8, with Rex Grossman expected to miss the rest of the season with a sprained knee ligament from Thursday's loss to the Redskins, coach Lovie Smith decided to go with Orton.

"Brian has done a lot of good things. We'll just try to see exactly what Kyle can do," Smith said, adding that Orton gave the Bears the best chance to win against the Vikings.

Orton was 10-5 as a starter in 2005. Grossman, who was also injured most of that season, returned to start a playoff loss against Carolina.

Orton, a fourth-round pick out of Purdue in 2005, has primarily been the team's third-string QB the past two seasons. He has not attempted a pass this season.

"I think everybody knows I've been frustrated," Orton said. "I'm going to try to make the best of it."

Smith wouldn't say if Orton would start the final two games of the regular season against Green Bay and New Orleans.

Griese has completed 61.5 percent of his passes for 1,803 yards with 10 TD passes and 12 interceptions this season.

Need last-minute expert fantasy football advice? Watch Fantasy Football Live Sundays at noon ET/9am PT

MJZiggy
12-10-2007, 05:34 PM
The Mailman beat you to it...lol. But it's ok, I'll read it twice...

Bretsky
12-10-2007, 05:52 PM
Two Bear threads :shock:

Freak Out
12-10-2007, 05:55 PM
Two Bear threads :shock:

Don't forget the damn Cowboy threads.