PDA

View Full Version : Where's the Love?

footballfever
12-10-2007, 05:45 PM
For the fullback platoon of Korey Hall and John Kuhn. Our running game has gotten better week to week thanks in large part to these 2 under the radar, hell right off the radar fullbacks. They do all the dirty work and have sprung some great runs. Kuhn being the larger of the 2 has been getting more and more playing time and I know Edgar is high on him. Hall is an excellent ST player as well. Two more additions to TT's resume, I don't think I could be happier with the way this roster has been put together. On a side note though, for as fundamentally sound as it seems we play these penalties are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much. 9 penalties in this last game when we only had 2 going into the half, we can't let ourselves just fall apart in the 2nd half its going to come back and bite us in the ass eventually.

Freak Out
12-10-2007, 06:15 PM
I was watching some highlights last night where the FBs were mentioned and the job they were doing...of course most of the talk with the running game was focused on Grant but that is to be expected.

Scott Campbell
12-10-2007, 06:59 PM
At least one of our Boise State guys are playing ok.

footballfever
12-10-2007, 07:25 PM
I wasn't asking where the media love for these guys was, I'm talkin about in this forum. Most of you guys seem knowledgeable enough about the situation thats goin on here, we should have a continuous thread on these guys its been amazing, I thought we were in trouble after Hendo left, seems like either way now we're gonna be fine. Having one good fullback is all any team needs, having 2 is a nice luxury.

FritzDontBlitz
12-10-2007, 07:27 PM
I wasn't asking where the media love for these guys was, I'm talkin about in this forum. Most of you guys seem knowledgeable enough about the situation thats goin on here, we should have a continuous thread on these guys its been amazing, I thought we were in trouble after Hendo left, seems like either way now we're gonna be fine. Having one good fullback is all any team needs, having 2 is a nice luxury.

Both are pretty good. I think they would get more attention from the posters here if they could catch a swing pass every now and then.

MJZiggy
12-10-2007, 07:38 PM

Both are pretty good. I think they would get more attention from the posters here if they could catch a swing pass every now and then.

Well, it's not like they're never open.

http://www.packerrats.com/gallery/media/postergame/open.gif

gbpackfan
12-10-2007, 07:47 PM
Korey Hall has played well for being a LB at this time last year.

John Kuhn has been a nice addition.

I am happy with our FB group.

More props to E. Bennett for getting these guys into our system and playing at a high level.

As for our other Boise State player, D. Colledge, I think he looked pretty natural at LT. I was watching him and he just looks more comportable there. Very mobile for a LT. Maybe that is the spot he should be in? He just doesn't have the bulk to play inside.

KYPack
12-10-2007, 08:14 PM
Korey Hall has played well for being a LB at this time last year.

John Kuhn has been a nice addition.

I am happy with our FB group.

More props to E. Bennett for getting these guys into our system and playing at a high level.

As for our other Boise State player, D. Colledge, I think he looked pretty natural at LT. I was watching him and he just looks more comportable there. Very mobile for a LT. Maybe that is the spot he should be in? He just doesn't have the bulk to play inside.

LT may be his spot. He's quick so he could handle those speed rushin' ends.

He'd still have a problem with the bull rush, but maybe he'll finally get strong with time & hittin' the weights.

b bulldog
12-10-2007, 08:24 PM
he is athletic which should help him in space. He is not a mauler and just isn't real physical to play G. T is his best position.

ny10804
12-10-2007, 08:39 PM
I think it's a given Colledge will end up as a LT.

By the way, seeing Junius Coston's fat belly/ass reminded me of what guards are supposed to look like.

http://i.packers.com/pg/2007-12-09/photo21.jpg
YES.

http://i.packers.com/pg/colledge_daryn_2007/photo5.jpg
NO.

Joemailman
12-10-2007, 09:09 PM
For the fullback platoon of Korey Hall and John Kuhn. Our running game has gotten better week to week thanks in large part to these 2 under the radar, hell right off the radar fullbacks. They do all the dirty work and have sprung some great runs. Kuhn being the larger of the 2 has been getting more and more playing time and I know Edgar is high on him. Hall is an excellent ST player as well. Two more additions to TT's resume, I don't think I could be happier with the way this roster has been put together. On a side note though, for as fundamentally sound as it seems we play these penalties are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much. 9 penalties in this last game when we only had 2 going into the half, we can't let ourselves just fall apart in the 2nd half its going to come back and bite us in the ass eventually.

The Packers used 2 backs in the backfield more yesterday than I believe they have all season. With the onset of winter, the fullbacks should now start to get more playing time, as well as more opportunities. They just weren't getting on the field very much when the Packers were going with 4-5 WR so much.

Fritz
12-11-2007, 06:29 AM
Mmmm...Kuhn...Hall.....oooh, yeah.....mmmm.

Theer's some love.

The Leaper
12-11-2007, 08:41 AM

I agree. When he came in at LT, I was watching him very closely. He looked like he has a lot of natural ability to play that position on this level. With Clifton's age, I would be surprised if Colledge does not move over to LT as Clifton's backup this offseason. Favre need to have a reliable LT at all times due to his immobility...and Clifton seems to be reaching the point where he won't make it though a 16 game season healthy anymore.

It would be a temporary demotion, but one Colledge likely would be willing to take...as good LTs get paid a hell of a lot more than good LGs.

I also think the notion of moving Tauscher to RG is one worth looking at this offseason.