PDA

View Full Version : Packer Fans........are everywhere!

packinpatland
12-10-2007, 05:58 PM
Had a very nice 'encounter' today while out Christmas shopping.
Was in a mall in Hartford, CT., turned around and saw a husband and wife in full Packer winter attire. I blurted 'Hey Packer People!'. Turns out they were at the game yesterday, were on their way home from the airport, and had run in to pick something up. We chatted for quite awhile, they are from CT but have always been Packer fans..............smart folks. :wink:

I told them about PR's...................wish you'd have printed out business cards in addition to bumper stickers, Mad!

Badgerinmaine
12-10-2007, 06:03 PM
Nice! There's some Packers fans up here in Maine, too.

gbgary
12-10-2007, 06:41 PM
Packer Fans........are everywhere!

yes we are. several years ago, while in cancun, i met another Backer in the hotel sports bar. yes, i took 3 hrs off from sunning on the beach to watch the Packers play :D . went back to the beach happy as we won.

LL2
12-10-2007, 06:47 PM
I remember years ago (back in the mid 80's) my family moved from northern Wisconsin to Ohio. I was wearing a Packer shirt and hat and people were saying "You're a Packer fan?" and other stuff. It was rare to find a Packer fan back then. Then the mid 90's came along and you could see Packer fans everywhere. The bandwagon affect! I think you are starting to see some of that happening again.

FritzDontBlitz
12-10-2007, 07:29 PM
I'm just surprised at how many Packer fans are in Chicago, and posting here to boot...

b bulldog
12-10-2007, 08:35 PM
The NFC North atire is flying off the shelves, coming to a town near you. America's Pack!

packinpatland
12-10-2007, 08:48 PM
I like that.....'America's Pack'.

gbgary
12-10-2007, 09:33 PM
what ever happened to "America's Pack"? the fan club that popped up early in bretts tenure. hell...maybe it was when Majik was the qb?

b bulldog
12-11-2007, 04:18 PM
They always had the America's Pack tailgates at the games and they usually had a huge America's Pack party at the Tampa Game. I think they kind of died out in the mid nineties.

b bulldog
12-11-2007, 04:18 PM
The away Tampa game, sorry

CaliforniaCheez
12-11-2007, 08:13 PM
Some of us have seen Cheeseheads at the Winter Olympics in Japan.

gbgary
12-11-2007, 08:16 PM
They always had the America's Pack tailgates at the games and they usually had a huge America's Pack party at the Tampa Game. I think they kind of died out in the mid nineties.

dead and buried huh? too bad. we went to a couple of their tail gate parties at lambeau. thanks!

oregonpackfan
12-11-2007, 08:57 PM
I just came back from a 2 day conference in Eugene, OR. I drove by a house that had this sign in the window, " A Packer Fan Lives Here!" :)

MJZiggy
12-11-2007, 08:57 PM

I went to a few of those...

Packers4Ever
12-11-2007, 09:11 PM
I just came back from a 2 day conference in Eugene, OR. I drove by a house that had this sign in the window, " A Packer Fan Lives Here!" :)

You mean you just drove by? You could have rung the
doorbell and chatted Packers for a while :P

packinpatland
12-11-2007, 10:16 PM

That's exactly what I was thinking.........OPF ...you're slipping! :wink:

Packers4Ever
12-12-2007, 02:53 PM

b bulldog, I wonder if America's Pack died out right around the time or
some time after America's Team (Cowboys) came on strong?

Packers4Ever
12-12-2007, 02:56 PM

That's exactly what I was thinking.........OPF ...you're slipping! :wink:

Yeah but kinda fun to gang up once in a while, hey pip ?? :P
J/K

Jerry Tagge
12-12-2007, 05:13 PM
I've found many Packers fans in Wisconsin.

Freak Out
12-12-2007, 05:23 PM
I was in Malta a few years back and saw some guy wearing a Packer shirt so I went up and started talking to him...he had no clue who the Packers were he just bought the shirt because it was a Champion!

Jerry Tagge
12-12-2007, 05:41 PM
I'm just surprised at how many Packer fans are in Chicago, and posting here to boot...
There's always been lots of Packers fans in FIB Land. It's just that the fair weather bandwagon jumping Bears fans were loud and obnoxious the last 2 years so it seemed there weren't many Packers fans.

Now that things are back to normal with the Packers as division champs and the Bears in last place where they belong, look for the Favre, Driver, Jennings, and Hawk jerseys to be seen and the Urlacher, Grossman, Benson, and Muhammad jerseys to go away.

the_idle_threat
12-12-2007, 06:03 PM
I'm trying to think of which would be more embarrassing: a Grossman jersey or a Benson jersey?

packinpatland
12-12-2007, 06:22 PM
A Vick jersey.

I couldn't believe how many were wearing them at the MNF game! :roll:

the_idle_threat
12-12-2007, 06:26 PM
This is true. What a mess they have down in Atlanta.

Him8123
12-12-2007, 09:16 PM
yea its amazing how many packer fans u run into now. Ive been going to Buffalo Wild wings for the past several years to watch the pack with a buddy of mine thats from Green bay and we were the only two in there. especially the 4-12 and 8-8 season last year. Now theres like at least 10 Packer fans in there every weekend.

ic_buck
12-12-2007, 10:20 PM
Well here's a shout out from OZ! I can never believe how many fellow pack fans I run into down here

the_idle_threat
12-12-2007, 10:49 PM
Well here's a shout out from OZ! I can never believe how many fellow pack fans I run into down here

Good to have you here.

You're the third poster on this board from OZ that I know of, and we also have one kiwi who chips in a bit. Packer fans to the ends of the earth. I like it. 8-)

Partial
12-12-2007, 11:04 PM
What is OZ?

ic_buck
12-12-2007, 11:46 PM
Oz is Australia

Don't post much, but check out this board daily.

It is one of the best packer forums that I've been too!!

GrnBay007
12-13-2007, 12:01 AM
What is OZ?

You were thinking Dorothy and Toto, weren't you? :D

mmmdk
12-13-2007, 01:26 AM
Some of us have seen Cheeseheads at the Winter Olympics in Japan.

Awesome 8-)

Partial
12-13-2007, 01:34 AM
What is OZ?

You were thinking Dorothy and Toto, weren't you? :D

When I googled it they were the first thing that came up :lol:

woodbuck27
12-13-2007, 06:04 PM
I've found many Packers fans in Wisconsin.

Your one Packer fan I certainly want to congratulate in respect to the fine season we are enjoying to date Jerry Tagge.

I always enjoy the upbeat manner in which you approach your Packer fan-ness. :)

Always the optimist = Jerry Tagge!

PACKERS FOREVER!

privatepacker
12-14-2007, 03:35 PM
In Bangkok 3 years ago, saw a man w/ a Packer hat negotiating a buy for some purses. Walked up and found out he was from CA. and was a big fan. We talked for about 30 minutes. Never get tired of talking up the Pack!