PDA

View Full Version : Next Year's Schedule

vince
12-10-2007, 07:12 PM
I realize noone's really thinking about next year at this point, but in case anyone's interested, this week's results have finalized next year's opponents.

Here are next year's opponents.

Home
Chicago
Detroit
Minnesota
Atlanta
Carolina
Houston
Indianapolis
Dallas

Away
Chicago
Detroit
Minnesota
New Orleans
Tampa Bay
Jacksonville
Tennessee
Seattle

Rastak
12-10-2007, 07:14 PM
Looks kinda tough on the surface, but then every year shapes up differently. Where did you find that Vince?

Freak Out
12-10-2007, 07:23 PM
One of my Seattle cousins has I believe 2 season tickets for the Chicken home games....that means I'll have to kick the crap out of my other two cousins again.

vince
12-10-2007, 07:25 PM
http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/schedules/nfl_future_nfcn.htm

The Vike's schedule is identical, with the exception of the two games that match the other two NFC division finishers, if that makes sense.

In addition to the six division games, each team faces one division from the NFC and one from the AFC, alternating each year. Then, the other two NFC divisions match up one game by how they finish the prior year, one home and one away...

That probably makes even less sense. You probably know how it works anyway... :oops:

MJZiggy
12-10-2007, 07:28 PM
Can we have the Posters Game in Tampa? 8-)

packinpatland
12-10-2007, 07:54 PM
Can we have the Posters Game in Tampa? 8-)

As fun as this would be....................it just wouldn't be Lambeau.

HarveyWallbangers
12-10-2007, 08:08 PM
The Vike's schedule is identical, with the exception of the two games that match the other two NFC division finishers, if that makes sense.

Which means the Vikings will play their whipping boy, Eli Manning, instead of Dallas. They'll also likely play Arizona instead of Seattle.

Rastak
12-10-2007, 08:16 PM

Which means the Vikings will play their whipping boy, Eli Manning, instead of Dallas. They'll also likely play Arizona instead of Seattle.

Works for me!

Joemailman
12-10-2007, 08:30 PM
Looks kinda tough on the surface, but then every year shapes up differently. Where did you find that Vince?

By my count, 8 games will be against teams with winning records in 2007, and 8 with losing records. Looks pretty average to me.

BallHawk
12-10-2007, 09:34 PM

By my count, 8 games will be against teams with winning records in 2007, and 8 with losing records. Looks pretty average to me.

From the looks of it, maybe easier schedule compared to this year. Indy, Dallas, Seattle, Jacksonville, and Tennessee are all tough. However, playing the NFC South helps.

gbgary
12-10-2007, 09:36 PM
other than indy and dallas that schedule looks pretty soft...but then i thought this years schedule looked very tough before the season started. teams that were suppossed to be good have just sucked.

GrnBay007
12-10-2007, 09:41 PM
I hope the Packers play Tampa Bay in Oct. I'm told my ex boss can get me tickets for the game and want to combine that and a Disney trip with the kids in Oct. :D

gbgary
12-10-2007, 11:14 PM
I hope the Packers play Tampa Bay in Oct. I'm told my ex boss can get me tickets for the game and want to combine that and a Disney trip with the kids in Oct. :D

that's a cool idea but we don't need to be down there when it's still very warm, maybe even hot outside. november or december would be better.

GrnBay007
12-10-2007, 11:16 PM

that's a cool idea but we don't need to be down there when it's still very warm, maybe even hot outside. november or december would be better.

True, but my game plan was more focused on the Disney trip. :D I've heard Oct. is a great time to go...not as crowded and lots of cool Halloween stuff.

Tony Oday
12-10-2007, 11:25 PM
I do not believe this I would imagine some how the Cowgirls make us come there...

GrnBay007
12-10-2007, 11:27 PM
Dallas at GB would be a cool game to go to. I would guess that will be a Monday night game.

Partial
12-11-2007, 01:07 AM
I think it looks pretty tough.

Home
Chicago
Detroit
Minnesota
Atlanta
Carolina
Houston
Indianapolis
Dallas

Away
Chicago
Detroit
Minnesota
New Orleans
Tampa Bay
Jacksonville
Tennessee
Seattle

Houston will be better next year. That's a tough game. Indy is a solid, solid team. Dallas will be tough. Minnesota twice will be tough next year as they should take a step up. So should Detroit. Tampa and Jacksonville are both good to very good teams. Tennessee and Seattle on the road are very tough games as well.

I think that schedule is a lot tougher than this years.

The Leaper
12-11-2007, 07:46 AM
Dallas at GB would be a cool game to go to. I would guess that will be a Monday night game.

Probably a Sunday Night game...which is now the more marquee matchup of the week.

The Indy game might also be a Sunday Night game.

The Leaper
12-11-2007, 07:50 AM
I think that schedule is a lot tougher than this years.

I agree. The AFC South is extremely tough...Houston is the weak link, and they aren't anyone to gloss over.

The NFC South will be better next year. The Saints are having a down year...the Falcons will have time to prepare for life without Vick...and the Panthers might actually stay healthy.

Obviously, it is very early...but we've got a very difficult schedule for next year. The only bright spot that I see is that the toughest teams we will likely be facing will be coming to Lambeau for a change. If Favre returns, it should be an excellent year to be a season ticket holder...either for the extra $$$$ or chance to see great games.

SkinBasket
12-11-2007, 08:44 AM
Minnesota twice will be tough next year as they should take a step up. So should Detroit.

Yeah, they've been saying that for a while now.

MJZiggy
12-11-2007, 09:05 AM

True, but my game plan was more focused on the Disney trip. :D I've heard Oct. is a great time to go...not as crowded and lots of cool Halloween stuff.

Don't shortchange November. November and April were my two favorite months when I was living there.

SkinBasket
12-11-2007, 09:35 AM
What are the chances that Dallas visits GB anytime after Oct 15?

The Leaper
12-11-2007, 10:01 AM

Maybe Kitna should guarantee 4 wins next year. Perhaps the confidence of actually achieving a goal will spur them to greater heights...like 8 wins.

The Leaper
12-11-2007, 10:02 AM
What are the chances that Dallas visits GB anytime after Oct 15?

One of those games (IND, DAL) better come after week 10. If both roll into Lambeau prior to November, the league is going to get a tongue lashing from Packer brass and fans.

Partial
12-11-2007, 10:21 AM
Minnesota twice will be tough next year as they should take a step up. So should Detroit.

I think Detroit took a huge step in the right direction this year. They'll be improved. I suspect they add a some players in the secondary and to their linebacking corps next year.

Zool
12-11-2007, 10:24 AM

I think Detroit took a huge step in the right direction this year. They'll be improved. I suspect they add a some players in the secondary and to their linebacking corps next year.

But how much longer will Kitna be the QB, and who's behind him? They need an O-line,a RB, LB's and secondary.

They've been an up and coming team for about 6-7 years now. I'm not buying it.

The Leaper
12-11-2007, 11:08 AM

Just one little problem with your thinking Partial...

Matt Millen is still the guy adding the players.

mngolf19
12-11-2007, 12:51 PM

Go to Universal's Halloween Horror Nights. Very cool. I went every year when I lived there.