PDA

View Full Version : MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL

Bretsky
12-10-2007, 08:51 PM
Is just pure crap

Turico is inquisitive but absolutely boring
Jaworski is average but 5x as better as his sidekicks
and
It behooves me how ESPN can have an idiot like Tony Kornheiser speak in front of a national audience. He speaks off topic all of the time and often ruins the broadcasting of good plays as his mindless drivel runs into a play currently happening.

He fails in bringing comedy or entertainment to the broadcast; he fails in addding anything

First Dennis Miller
Then Joe Theisman
Then Tony Kornheiser

It keeps getting worse. I'd take Miller or Theisman over Kornhead in a second.

Shame on ESPN; this is the best MNF can do these days

:shock: :( :!: :x

b bulldog
12-10-2007, 08:52 PM
Hip Hip, hoooray

gbpackfan
12-10-2007, 08:53 PM
Arthur Blank just said that he hopes Michael Vick doesn't get fat in prison by eatting.....FRIED CHICKEN! Ha ha ha. Hilarious!

b bulldog
12-10-2007, 08:54 PM
HERE COMES aL OR jESSE

Bretsky
12-10-2007, 08:55 PM
I'd like to lead a campaign to make MNF enjoyable again

How can we get rid of Tony ?

b bulldog
12-10-2007, 08:56 PM
oNE THING THEY REALLY NEED TO DO IS HAVE better games. The MNF games this season have been just awful!

Bretsky
12-10-2007, 08:58 PM
oNE THING THEY REALLY NEED TO DO IS HAVE better games. The MNF games this season have been just awful!

These butcher the game too often; with a third competent sidekick Turico and Jaws would be alright.

But TK is so unnatural in every time he buds into the broadcast to blabber it's sickening

MJZiggy
12-10-2007, 09:00 PM

How 'bout finding someone better? I recommend William Henderson.

BallHawk
12-10-2007, 09:07 PM

How 'bout finding someone better? I recommend William Henderson.

Well then they sure as hell shouldn't bring Mel Kiper up into the booth. :wink:

MJZiggy
12-10-2007, 09:09 PM
Another bonus. This idea's getting better as we go.

Bretsky
12-10-2007, 09:10 PM

At this point I'd take Kiper; at least he could discuss the draft and repeat what NFL guys tell him during the week. Kornie isn't a football guy; he's an entertainer broadcaster that brings little to the table

MJZiggy
12-10-2007, 09:15 PM

At this point I'd take Kiper; at least he could discuss the draft and repeat what NFL guys tell him during the week. Kornie isn't a football guy; he's an entertainer broadcaster that brings little to the table

Somehow we lost you along the way. We've just fired Korn to make way for Hendo. 8-)

BallHawk
12-10-2007, 09:18 PM

These butcher the game too often; with a third competent sidekick Turico and Jaws would be alright.

But TK is so unnatural in every time he buds into the broadcast to blabber it's sickening

TK is good on PTI. That show was set up for him so that he can crack jokes and be (or attempt to be) funny.

On MNF he's horrible. He disrupts the flow of the game. They'll be a 20 yard pass and the booth won't even bother to acknowledge it.

Wilbon would of made more sense than Korneisher, IMO. He's a better speaker and I think he'd be more "into the game" than TK.

One thing they need to do is to get rid of the booth guests because for the most part they are absolute trash. Having Deanna up there against Denver was great, but why do they need to bring in people like Vince Vaughn. Those type of people deserve a place on The Tonight Show, not Monday Night Football.

b bulldog
12-10-2007, 09:19 PM
I actually like the other guy on PTI for what little that is worth :lol: .

Tony Oday
12-10-2007, 09:30 PM
Almost everyone I have talked to loves the new three guy line up including me so I would think you folks are in the minority.

Bretsky
12-10-2007, 09:36 PM
I actually like the other guy on PTI for what little that is worth :lol: .

That is the guy BH refers to; his sidekick actually filled in for him once and was pretty natural

Bretsky
12-10-2007, 09:38 PM
Almost everyone I have talked to loves the new three guy line up including me so I would think you folks are in the minority.

Would be an interesting ESPN poll

Everybody I know things Tony Tony is junk on MNF

He's very entertaining on Pardon the Interruption. I enjoy him there.

BallHawk
12-10-2007, 09:40 PM
Man, this is almost as bad as San Francisco/Seattle.

Only decent games this year on MNF have been New England/Baltimore, Dallas/Buffalo, and Green Bay/Denver.

The rest have been "meh." In 9 games (including this one) the winning team won by more than 7 points.

And that's not mentioning the MIA/PIT game. :shock:

digitaldean
12-10-2007, 09:43 PM
IFirst Dennis Miller
Then Joe Theisman
Then Tony Kornheiser

It keeps getting worse. I'd take Miller or Theisman over Kornhead in a second.

Shame on ESPN; this is the best MNF can do these days

:shock: :( :!: :x

Next pick would be Bryant Gumbel from NFLN :roll:

Freak Out
12-10-2007, 10:58 PM
You have to have two football guys.....but Jaws is horrible I think so he has to go as well. I say keep Turico and dump the other two. Now bring in two football people...maybe a coach and a player. Anything would be better than this group.

Candidates?

Carolina_Packer
12-10-2007, 11:26 PM
To each his own. I like Tirico. He's a pro. Very good play by play guy. I like Jaws. Good enthusiasm. Good X's and O's guy. I like when he diagrams and explains plays, and he's pretty positive, likes to keep it football focused. I think the 3rd spot is for an entertainer, and that could be a revolving door, depending on ratings. One thing in TK's favor. There have been a lot of unwatchable, forgettable games and that's gotta be hard to fill time with just football talk, so having someone like TK there makes sense. I'd love to see Kenny Mayne as the entertainer personally. That guy makes me laugh, but like TK, he's an acquired taste.

The Leaper
12-11-2007, 07:44 AM
I'd rather have a 3rd guy who is out of the booth...down on the sidelines, interacting with various people during the game. 3 in the booth is just too much IMO. Jaws is a fabulous guy at explaining what is happening on the field, but he can barely get a word in edgewise.