PDA

View Full Version : Packer Bars in the U.S.

Packers4Ever
12-10-2007, 11:33 PM
Seems there's occasionally someone on our Forum who's looking for Packer Bars somewhere in the U.S. I found a map of the US and a listing of bars state-by-state.

It's at www.southendzone.com/bars/

Go check it out, Illinois had about the most, lol.. but they're everywhere!

GrnBay007
12-10-2007, 11:38 PM
That's a bummer there were none listed in my city....close, but none here. Maybe I should open one!! :D I do have a lil experience in that area.

Rastak
12-10-2007, 11:38 PM
That's a bummer there were none listed in my city....close, but none here. Maybe I should open one!! :D I do have a lil experience in that area.

Getting hammered or running a business?

:wink:

GrnBay007
12-10-2007, 11:41 PM

Getting hammered or running a business?

:wink:

LOL well both actually. Of course the getting hammered part never happened during business hours. :P

HarveyWallbangers
12-10-2007, 11:45 PM
It's an incomplete list, but it's nice. I know of a few more Packer bars in the Twin Cities and another one in Bismarck, ND.

Rastak
12-10-2007, 11:55 PM
It's an incomplete list, but it's nice. I know of a few more Packer bars in the Twin Cities and another one in Bismarck, ND.

They are missing a bunch of Wisconsin ones also....

:lol:

Carolina_Packer
12-11-2007, 12:04 AM
Looks like they have a link at the bottom of the page if you want to add a place. I wonder if there is a link for pretender Packer bars? There were a couple that I saw that were listed as Packer Bars, and have no doubt you might be able to see a Packer game there, but on a little TV right next to the big screen TV showing the more regional team, like the Panthers and Redskins (yikes).

There was also a place that is way more of a Steelers bar than a Packer bar. Pretenders! The only real Packer bar in my area is Murphy's Pub in Cary, NC. Next week is brat week at Murphy's and all the patrons are dressed in green and gold on game day! That's a Packer bar to me!!

Packers4Ever
12-11-2007, 12:10 AM
Well, it might be a start for someone who can find a few in his area or wherever he's headed for. I wonder if that link provided a phone number for further information, didn't check it out.

Geez sounds like you really could get rooked at a few of those spots!

Travbrew
12-11-2007, 02:06 PM
Last year about this time, in preparation for my annual trip (business) to Chicago I started researching places to watch the game. Don't remember what site I used but after finding a few bars I decided to go to Will's Northwoods Inn. Glad I did. I almost had to force my friends to come along, but they changed their tune by halftime. Beyond doubt it has to be the best place in Chicago to watch the Packers. Free brats, hot dogs, burgers, and door prizes to boot. I don't remember seeing anything but Pack fans in that place. It truly is a Packer bar, with a good beer selection to boot.
I had as much fun there as I did going to the hog roast at the Broke Spoke in Kiln, MS (pretty much a pilgrimmage for me)
So, needless to say I will be back again this Sunday with pretty much the same group of Marines from last year.
Having little to no opportunity to make it to GB for the annual poster game, I'd love meet some of you, so...If any of you in the area are interested in having a cold one with us come on by. Will's is at 3030 N. Racine. We'll be there by 1030-1100 at the lastest. Look for a Mexican (my boss), a Puerto Rican, a grey haired guy, a ditsy chick with long blonde hair, and I'll have some sort of Packer garb on. Oh, yeah, we all have very short hair! Most likely we'll be in the upper section of the bar. Hope to see some of you there.

Joemailman
12-11-2007, 08:12 PM
I see they still have Little Red Schoolhouse in North Aurora, Illinois listed. That was my Packer hangout before I escaped to Wisconsin in 1996. Great little place that serves good food and is packed with Packer fans every game.