PDA

View Full Version : How Jennings Stacks Up Against His Draft Class WRs...

BlueBrewer
12-11-2007, 10:25 AM
Rec TD YDS R YDS
Santonio Holmes 89 9 1501 23
Chad Jackson 13 3 152 22
Sinorice Moss 21 0 197 4
Greg Jennings 91 14 1444 0
Maurice Stovall 17 1 188 29
Jason Avant 24 3 270 1
Demetrius Williams 42 2 686 0
Brandon Marshall 95 8 1338 0
Marques Colston 149 16 2016 0

I just though this would be interesting to go back and look at the other guys performance to date. Looks like Jennings is #2 overall. Not too shabby for an undersized guy from a small school. [/b]

Scott Campbell
12-11-2007, 10:37 AM
Colston in the 7th. Marshall in the 4th.

Pretty amazing.

PackerTimer
12-11-2007, 11:29 AM
The one that sticks out to me the most is Chad Jackson, especially considering so many here were irate that we went with Jennings over him.

Fritz
12-11-2007, 11:35 AM
I didn't mind the Jennings pick, but at the time TT traded the pick away (the one he could've taken Jackson with), I was unhappy. I thought he ought to take Jackson.

And I was wrong. Way wrong. Maybe I and others need to remember these sorts of things next April when Ted drafts a tight end from Fayettville State in the third round, instead of the big name we're waiting on.

The Leaper
12-11-2007, 12:00 PM
I had no problem passing on Jackson. The history of Florida Gator WRs in the NFL isn't one that you would enjoy reading.

MadtownPacker
12-11-2007, 12:22 PM
As far as big time play ability Jennings is #1 in my book. The other guys are good but GJ is making sweet moves and burning defenses with nail- in-the-MFing-coffin catches. It's bad ass shit to watch him take one to the house. I walked away for a few seconds during the game Sunday and right when I walked back DD and Jennings where doing a chest bump in the endzone post-Jennings TD. I was pissed that I had missed it and those morons on CBS didn't play a good replay of it.

BlueBrewer
12-11-2007, 02:41 PM
I have to admit that I was complaining about the non-Jackson moment but thats why I'm not a GM, even though i would kick ass in my own mind. I think that that Jennings will be top 5 in the league in 2-3 years.

Patler
12-11-2007, 02:55 PM
I have to admit that I was complaining about the non-Jackson moment but thats why I'm not a GM, even though i would kick ass in my own mind. I think that that Jennings will be top 5 in the league in 2-3 years.

I still worry about Jennings durability. He is not very big.

pack4to84
12-11-2007, 03:41 PM

I still worry about Jennings durability. He is not very big.so J.Walker is 6'4 how is that helping his durability?

Patler
12-11-2007, 04:11 PM

I still worry about Jennings durability. He is not very big.so J.Walker is 6'4 how is that helping his durability?

Knee injuries happen to anyone, regardless of size; and anyone can be hurt at anytime. One the other hand, some players get hurt again and again. Walker had a knee injury and seems to be suffering ill effects from the one injury.

Jennings is slight of build and has already had a number of different injuries that have kept him out of games. He was not the same player last year after he was injured and then he was hurt twice in training camp and missed two starts at the start of this season. Same for Blackmon. Both player have to show some durability.

I get concerned over any player who has one injury after another. First an ankle, then a knee, then a hip, all of which kept him out of games, then a hamstring (which kept him out of practice but not games). I believe that is Jennings history since the middle of last season.

Patler
12-11-2007, 04:14 PM
Contrast Jennings with Driver. Neither is very big. Driver too sustains some injuries (all football players do) but Driver shows up game after game, and plays well even when injured. I'm not saying Jennings can't do the same, but he has not shown it so far in his first two seasons.

Ballboy
12-11-2007, 04:15 PM
I would guess that looking at the numbers that this is over the first two years of playing NFL......It would be great to see just how this years numbers stack up.

Tony Oday
12-11-2007, 05:07 PM
I want Stovall still! :)

CaliforniaCheez
12-11-2007, 08:05 PM
That Ted Thompson guy really deserved to be insulted.
He sure didn't deserve the respect due the GM of the Green Bay Packers.

Just because the trade deadline has passed I don't understand why he is just sitting around waiting for the offseason to make a move. He is slow as a TURTLE.

Can't you just wait for the next Bob McGinn hatchet interview with Mr. Thompson???

Look at all the cap money being carried over when it could have been wasted on benchwarmers and nonproductive has-beens!!

Do so many of you still want him fired??

MJZiggy
12-11-2007, 09:09 PM
As far as big time play ability Jennings is #1 in my book. The other guys are good but GJ is making sweet moves and burning defenses with nail- in-the-MFing-coffin catches. It's bad ass shit to watch him take one to the house. I walked away for a few seconds during the game Sunday and right when I walked back DD and Jennings where doing a chest bump in the endzone post-Jennings TD. I was pissed that I had missed it and those morons on CBS didn't play a good replay of it.

You have satellite--why didn't you just rewind it and watch the original play again?

Guiness
12-11-2007, 09:21 PM
132yds for Jackson! I mean, I know he wasn't doing real well, but didn't know he was that bad.

Brandon Jackson is a player...is he #1 on their depth chart now?

packrat
12-11-2007, 10:57 PM
Congratulations, Guiness. You found a negative. Personally, I don't find it a negative that TT found a player that out played a 2d round draft choice and made him the starter, instead of massaging his ego by making the 2d round choice his starter. One of the keys to success is being able to recognize a mistake and to correct a mistake, in contrast to a previous GM who decided we needed a backup punter when his fair haired boy couldn't cut it! (Who couldn't find a team once he got cut.}

lod01
12-12-2007, 01:37 PM
[quote=pack4to84]
Jennings is slight of build and has already had a number of different injuries that have kept him out of games. He was not the same player last year after he was injured and then he was hurt twice in training camp and missed two starts at the start of this season. Same for Blackmon. Both player have to show some durability.

I get concerned over any player who has one injury after another. First an ankle, then a knee, then a hip, all of which kept him out of games, then a hamstring (which kept him out of practice but not games). I believe that is Jennings history since the middle of last season.

Jerry Rice 6-2 200. Tim Brown 6-0 195. Jennings 5-11 197. He's fine. He has just been nicked up. The 2006 ankle injury could happen to anyone at anytime. He has taken some bigtime shots this year and come out fine.

the_idle_threat
12-12-2007, 06:08 PM
[quote=pack4to84]

Jerry Rice 6-2 200. Tim Brown 6-0 195. Jennings 5-11 197. He's fine. He has just been nicked up. The 2006 ankle injury could happen to anyone at anytime. He has taken some bigtime shots this year and come out fine.

I agree. And a hammy can happen to anyone too, regardless of build. I do think Jennings' injury history is a bit concerning, but the injuries really haven't come as a result of his build. We haven't seen him get knocked out of games like we saw happen to Terry Glenn all the time. *knock on wood*

Tyrone Bigguns
12-12-2007, 08:20 PM
I had no problem passing on Jackson. The history of Florida Gator WRs in the NFL isn't one that you would enjoy reading.

At least it is a quick read. :roll:

Guiness
12-13-2007, 12:04 AM
Congratulations, Guiness. You found a negative. Personally, I don't find it a negative that TT found a player that out played a 2d round draft choice and made him the starter, instead of massaging his ego by making the 2d round choice his starter. One of the keys to success is being able to recognize a mistake and to correct a mistake, in contrast to a previous GM who decided we needed a backup punter when his fair haired boy couldn't cut it! (Who couldn't find a team once he got cut.}

Easy - slip on my part.

I meant Brandon Marshall, not Jackson. And I was wondering if he was Denver's #1 now.