PDA

View Full Version : Which current or former NFL WR would you say....

BlueBrewer
12-11-2007, 11:02 AM
Jennings reminds you of the most at this stage of his career?

I'm drawing a blank.

Patler
12-11-2007, 11:10 AM
Jennings reminds you of the most at this stage of his career?

I'm drawing a blank.

John Jefferson, before he came to Green Bay. He never performed for the Packers like he did at San Diego.

Fritz
12-11-2007, 11:23 AM
I think James Jones will be more like John Jefferson. Jennings? Not sure. That is a tough one. He's a big play guy, but he's not a big guy. Who would that be?

Patler
12-11-2007, 11:28 AM
Jones is more physical than Jefferson ever was. Jefferson caught short passes, made guys miss and found the endzone for San Diego, a lot like Jennings does now. Jefferson was a TD machine in San Diego.

Fritz
12-11-2007, 11:37 AM
Strange. I always had the impression that Jefferson was pretty physical. But that is just my impression.

Jennings, in terms of stature, (JUST STATURE OKAY) could perhaps be compared to Don Hutson, also a guy fairly slight of build, even for his day, I think.

BlueBrewer
12-11-2007, 11:59 AM
This may be a stretch but what about a poor man's Marvin harrision.

The Leaper
12-11-2007, 12:16 PM
Jennings is hard to quantify.

He's not a true deep threat with blazing speed. He's certainly not a physical WR. He's not a receiver who relies on his height to gain an advantage.

In many respects, I would compare Jennings to Jerry Rice...another guy with few elite physical measurements but a lot of very good measurements, and who combined a great sense of spacial knowledge on the field along with elusiveness to amass huge amounts of YAC. Rice clearly was a better natural receiver (better hands, slightly larger size) while Jennings is more athletic and elusive in the open field.

Jennings on that slant in the SD game reminded me a lot of Rice.

Partial
12-11-2007, 12:17 PM
Harrison.

The Leaper
12-11-2007, 12:18 PM
This may be a stretch but what about a poor man's Marvin harrision.

Harrison has (or had) elite speed in the prime of his career.

Jennings is plenty fast enough, but he's not in Harrison's class in terms of speed...nor is Harrison in Jennings' class in elusiveness. How many times have you seen Harrison fake a guy out of his jock during his HOF career? I would think it is fewer times than I've seen Jennings do it in less than 2 years.

MadtownPacker
12-11-2007, 12:23 PM
I dont know about that. Jennings has been making toast all year long. I dont recall him getting caught once.

The Leaper
12-11-2007, 12:28 PM
I dont know about that. Jennings has been making toast all year long. I dont recall him getting caught once.

How many times has Harrison been 8 yards behind everyone catching a 60 yard TD bomb from Manning?

Please enlighten me on the occasions that has been true of Jennings this year. Sure, Jennings has plenty of speed. However, he uses spacing and angles properly, which is what maximizes his speed to his advantage.

Harrison doesn't need angles. He just flat blew past guys...even when they knew what was coming. I'm not saying Jennings isn't fast. I'm just saying Jennings doesn't have ELITE speed...which is precisely the reason why Harrison is a HOF WR.

MadtownPacker
12-11-2007, 12:43 PM
which is precisely the reason why Harrison is a HOF WR.Jennings is off to a pretty damn good start. Dont make me go all Patler on your ass and look it up because Jennings might be off to better career start then Harrison.

The Leaper
12-11-2007, 01:03 PM
which is precisely the reason why Harrison is a HOF WR.Jennings is off to a pretty damn good start. Dont make me go all Patler on your ass and look it up because Jennings might be off to better career start then Harrison.

WTF?

Can't some of you guys recognize the fact that Harrison has ELITE speed and Jennings doesn't? BTW...good luck on that Harrison/Jennings comparison. I'm sure their TD totals will be roughly equal, but Harrison will have far more catches and yards than Jennings to this point in their career.

I'm not saying Jennings sucks because he doesn't have elite speed. I compared him to JERRY FUCKING RICE for pete's sake.

Stop getting your underwear in a wad whenever someone claims that a Packer shits something less than 99.99% pure gold.

MadtownPacker
12-11-2007, 01:16 PM
Stop getting your underwear in a wad whenever someone claims that a Packer shits something less than 99.99% pure gold.Dont you ever say any different!! :x

Cheesehead Craig
12-11-2007, 01:21 PM
Stop getting your underwear in a wad whenever someone claims that a Packer shits something less than 99.99% pure gold.
I think we found the new motto for the site.

Bossman641
12-11-2007, 01:32 PM
Jennings looks like a slightly quicker Donald Driver. Driver maybe has more juke in him, but I would say Jennings has a little quicker acceleration.

Other than that I'm not really sure. Jimmy Smith? Rod Smith?

Patler
12-11-2007, 02:00 PM
Marvin Harrison's first 3 years:

1996 16 games 64/836 8 TDs
1997 16 games 73/866 6TDs
1998 12 games 59/776 7TDs

Jennings career to date - 25 games 91 receptions 1,444 yards 14 Tds
3.64 rec/game 15.868 yds/rec .56TDs/game

Harrison's first 2 seasons 32 games 137 receptions 1,702 yards 14 TDs
4.28rec/game 12.423 yds/rec .437 TDs/game

BlueBrewer
12-11-2007, 02:01 PM
Harrison's First 2 seasons 137 Rec 1700 Yards 14 Touchdowns

Jennings First 2 to date 91 Rec 1444 Yards 14 touchdowns

Bam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That Just Happened!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dissident94
12-11-2007, 02:11 PM
Jennings does have elite speed. If you lined him up with no pads on in a 40 yrd dash he does not. But with pads on, on a football field he has proven he does. He has burnt many guys this year and sometimes seperates from the defender. Who cares about 40 times. ON the field he burns guys and doesn't get caught.

Patler
12-11-2007, 02:16 PM
The end of next season could make for an interesting comparison. Jennings has missed several games each season so far, Harrison didn't his first two years, but missed four in year #3. Jennings yards/reception is way ahead of Harrison's first two years (15.87 to 12.42). Jennings is also ahead in TDs/game and quite far ahead in TDs/reception.

It sure would be nice if he would become what Harrison did in his 4th season.

Tyrone Bigguns
12-11-2007, 02:21 PM
Marvin Harrison's first 3 years:

1996 16 games 64/836 8 TDs
1997 16 games 73/866 6TDs
1998 12 games 59/776 7TDs

Jennings career to date - 25 games 91 receptions 1,444 yards 14 Tds
3.64 rec/game 15.868 yds/rec .56TDs/game

Harrison's first 2 seasons 32 games 137 receptions 1,702 yards 14 TDs
4.28rec/game 12.423 yds/rec .437 TDs/game

Marvin Harrison's QB in 96: Jim Harbaugh/Paul Justin. Coach: Lindy Infante
Marvin Harrison's QB in 97: Jim Harbaugh/Justin/Holcomb. Coach: Lindy Infante

Jennings in QB in 06 and 07: Some HOF named Favre. Coach: The second coming of Vince. ;)

Jennings for some reason reminds me of John Taylor.

BlueBrewer
12-11-2007, 02:43 PM
The end of next season could make for an interesting comparison. Jennings has missed several games each season so far, Harrison didn't his first two years, but missed four in year #3. Jennings yards/reception is way ahead of Harrison's first two years (15.87 to 12.42). Jennings is also ahead in TDs/game and quite far ahead in TDs/reception.

It sure would be nice if he would become what Harrison did in his 4th season.

I like your thinking Patler, nice stat work.

Patler
12-11-2007, 02:52 PM

Jennings in QB in 06 and 07: Some HOF named Favre. Coach: The second coming of Vince. ;)

I don't like comparing coaches, the team around players, etc., because there really is no conclusion to that argument. But, I will state this:

Lindy Infante was thought of as a pretty decent offensive-minded coach, especially in the passing game. He did pretty well with Sharpe and Majkowski/Wright/Tomczak during Sharpe's first four seasons; and

Jim Harbaugh is a bit under-appreciated. Not that he was great or anything like that, but he started around 120 games in the NFL. To start that many at QB you have at least some talent.

vince
12-11-2007, 03:21 PM
I'll take a stab at the numbers in a slightly different way...

When projected out to an equal first 32 games of their respective careers, Jennings' production compares very favorably to Harrison, particularly when considering the way Favre spreads the ball around...

Harrison - 137 receptions, 1702 yards, 14 touchdowns
Jennings - 116 receptions, 1848 yards, 18 touchdowns

I can't find Harrison's 40 time, but he's not known as ELITE in terms of his speed. In fact, he's consistently described as having less than elite speed, but his intelligence, route running and great hands make up for his "good" speed.

As has been suggested, Harrison has had some huge years in his career that we can only dream Jennings might have, but Jennings is off to an outstanding start to his career that exceeds the start Harriosn had...

Jennings is a couple inches taller and 20 lbs heavier than Harrison, but I think their respective approach is pretty comparable - with the exception that I'll go out on a limb and say Jennings has had more drops at this point in his career. He's had a surprising number of dropped balls that have been right there and completely uncontested...

KYPack
12-11-2007, 03:24 PM
Stop getting your underwear in a wad whenever someone claims that a Packer shits something less than 99.99% pure gold.Dont you ever say any different!! :x

Yeah!

That's bullshit.

Packer shit is 100% gold.

The Leaper
12-11-2007, 04:07 PM
Jim Harbaugh is a bit under-appreciated. Not that he was great or anything like that, but he started around 120 games in the NFL. To start that many at QB you have at least some talent.

C'mon Patler.

You can sit here and blab all you want about Harbaugh being underappreciated...having talent...looking good in a tight Colts white uniform.

Jennings has Brett Favre...BRETT FUCKING FAVRE...throwing him the ball.

Favre >>>> Harbaugh

b bulldog
12-11-2007, 04:10 PM
harrison, Art Monk or Isaac Bruce

The Leaper
12-11-2007, 04:19 PM
I can't find Harrison's 40 time, but he's not known as ELITE in terms of his speed.

Then NFL DBs should be ashamed that there are about 25 TDs on the public record of them getting torched by at least 5 yards by him.

I'll give you that Harrison is no longer an elite speedster. He certainly relies far more on precision and craftiness now. However, 10 years ago, he was extremely fast.

Jennings is sneaky quick...no doubting that. However, he does not possess the pure deep speed that Marvin Harrison once had.

Tyrone Bigguns
12-11-2007, 04:20 PM

I don't like comparing coaches, the team around players, etc., because there really is no conclusion to that argument. But, I will state this:

Lindy Infante was thought of as a pretty decent offensive-minded coach, especially in the passing game. He did pretty well with Sharpe and Majkowski/Wright/Tomczak during Sharpe's first four seasons; and

I never meant the coach comparison to be taken seriously, hence absurd characterization of MM as the second coming of Vince. But, i will say that while i do agree lindy was a decent tactician one rarely finds anyone excelling on a 3-13 team.

Harbaugh was a spirited and competitive player, but he defined journey man. Might we call him the Kitna of his day? Or is Kitna better.

Anyway, all I really was trying to point out was that Harrison had a mediocre Harbaugh and the immortal Paul Justin in 96 and THREE QBs in 97 whereas jennings has had Brett favre. I rarely have found receivers to benefit from a rotating QB situation. Pretty significant advantage. Almost as significant as jennings taking advantage of his advangate.

Patler
12-11-2007, 04:21 PM

C'mon Patler.

You can sit here and blab all you want about Harbaugh being underappreciated...having talent...looking good in a tight Colts white uniform.

Favre >>>> Harbaugh

Of course Favre is a better QB than Harbaugh, so what? I never suggested Harbaugh was as good as Favre. But on the other hand I don't think it is a real valid argument to suggest that Harrison's performance was down significantly his first few years because Harbaugh was his QB. Maybe a few receptions, maybe not. Who knows?

HarveyWallbangers
12-11-2007, 04:24 PM
Harrison is quicker than Jennings, and runs exceptional routes. Jennings is good, but I wouldn't put him in that class. Bruce is a good comparison. Neither blow you away with their speed--until you see them on the field. I thought Hines Ward last year, but he's making a ton of plays downfield this year--which isn't really Ward's strength.

b bulldog
12-11-2007, 04:26 PM
I don't consider jennings very physical while ward is one of the most physical players in the game. The dud loves the short stuff and he may be the best runblocking WR in the game..

BradStrand
12-11-2007, 04:33 PM
At this point in his career, Jennings hands are way way worse than Harrisons. That dude catches everything. Here's hoping for a lot of work on the Juggs machine in the offseason...

Patler
12-11-2007, 04:34 PM
Harbaugh was a spirited and competitive player, but he defined journey man. Might we call him the Kitna of his day? Or is Kitna better.

Anyway, all I really was trying to point out was that Harrison had a mediocre Harbaugh and the immortal Paul Justin in 96 and THREE QBs in 97 whereas jennings has had Brett favre. I rarely have found receivers to benefit from a rotating QB situation. Pretty significant advantage. Almost as significant as jennings taking advantage of his advangate.

Interesting comparison, Harbaugh and Kitna. Neither is/was a great QB, but neither are/were a schmuck either

Harbaugh started 14 games for Indy in '96 and 11 in 97. It was not a rotating QB situation. Harbaugh was the starter when he was available.

The Leaper
12-11-2007, 04:44 PM
But on the other hand I don't think it is a real valid argument to suggest that Harrison's performance was down significantly his first few years because Harbaugh was his QB. Maybe a few receptions, maybe not. Who knows?

I think it is a very valid argument.

I would agree it is impossible to actually qualify a percentage or amount of difference there is. In that respect, I agree.

However, to suggest it isn't even a valid argument to point out that Jennings has the advantage of one of the top 5 QBs of all-time throwing him the ball rather than Harbaugh...who was OK, but certainly nothing special, just doesn't cut it for me Patler.

Just what kind of argument IS valid, then?

The Leaper
12-11-2007, 04:46 PM
Bruce is a good comparison. Neither blow you away with their speed--until you see them on the field.

That is a good comparison...although I'm not sure Bruce has anything close to the elusiveness of Jennings.

But in terms of their sneaky speed...it is a damn good comparison.

Freak Out
12-11-2007, 05:05 PM
If everything works out in a few years people are going to be comparing their teams WRs to Jennings. :)

Freak Out
12-11-2007, 05:09 PM
Its been awhile but what about Mark Ingram?

Lets just hope Jennings does not follow in all his footsteps.

Patler
12-11-2007, 05:12 PM
oops

Patler
12-11-2007, 05:35 PM
This is exactly why I usually stay away from any comparisons about who a player plays with. It can't be quantified.

Packer receivers do no get due credit because after all, Favre is throwing them the ball.

Manning is denigrated in comparison to Favre, because after all he has Harrison to throw to and Favre has had no one.

If Harrison is making Manning great, then why was he held back for playing with Harbaugh?

In this comparison between Harrison and Jennings, no one has pointed out that Harrison didn't have a truly fantastic year until his fourth year, Manning's second year. As Manning matured, Harrison got better and better. (No surprise, really) This year, with Harrison out, Manning has shown some kinks.

You could also argue that Jennings was held back in numbers last year because Favre tried to force everything to Driver, often even when Jennings was open. Favre was not such a great QB last year. In fact, you could say he had a "Harbaugh-like" year. So maybe that equals things up for the Jennings/Harrison comparison? But wait, I forgot, the last two years were everyone else's fault, not Favre's. But then this year, when Favre is good, it is all because of him, not those around him. I've got that right, don't I?

Too many fans credit Favre for everything and blame him for nothing. He has transcended the normal QB situation of getting too much credit AND too much blame.

I suspect Kampman has become a Pro-Bowl player, Williams and Barnett have gotten better because of Favre. After all, Kampman is a so-so athlete, but Favre is his QB.

The Shadow
12-11-2007, 06:25 PM
Antonio Freeman.

vince
12-11-2007, 06:35 PM
Whatever the comparison, Jenning's definitely getting it done! Both his performance and his approach are fantastic.

Jennings Developing Into All-Around Threat

by Mike Spofford, Packers.com
posted 12/11/2007

It's been well-documented how far ahead of the curve Greg Jennings was last year as a rookie wide receiver. He ran routes, caught the ball with his hands, and just generally handled himself, on and off the field, like a more seasoned pro.

But as his development has continued this season, Jennings has gone beyond being fundamentally sound and consistently productive. He's developing into a big-time weapon.

In just his second year, Jennings is evolving into a complete NFL receiver, able to pose a threat from anywhere on the field with virtually any type of route, and there's ample evidence from the past several weeks to illustrate it.

"He just has a knack for making plays when he has the opportunity," receivers coach Jimmy Robinson said. "It's hard to describe why."

**The description starts with his flat-out speed, which still seems to deceive opponents even after seven touchdown catches of 40 yards or longer in his brief career.

The most obvious display of that speed came in Week 8 on Monday Night Football in Denver, when Jennings flew by Broncos cornerback Dre Bly for a game-winning 82-yard TD in overtime.

**Then there's his elusiveness. Two weeks ago in Dallas, Jennings took a quick flare from backup quarterback Aaron Rodgers near the sideline and proceeded to dart and dodge his way back toward the middle of the field and around several defenders for a 43-yard gain.

It's one thing to get yards after the catch when the timing and angle of the route are just right to gash a defense, like on Jennings' 57-yard go-ahead TD on a fourth-quarter slant pass against San Diego in Week 3. But on the play in Dallas he showed moves and escapability similar to that of veteran teammate Donald Driver, with sharp cuts, quick early steps and body control.

**And last but not least there's his ball skills. Last Sunday against Oakland, Jennings went deep against cornerback Stanford Routt but had to slow up on Brett Favre's slightly underthrown pass.

No problem. As the ball came down, Jennings gave Routt a little bang with the shoulder to hold his ground and then caught the ball at the top of his leap as Routt fell to the ground and watched Jennings stroll into the end zone for an 80-yard TD.

"The corners that have speed probably feel that they can run with Greg," Robinson said. "But then they may find out he's a little stronger than they think he is and maybe a little more physical than he looks."

Those facets to Jennings' game weren't readily seen during a productive but frustrating rookie season that was slowed by a bad ankle sprain in Week 7 at Miami. Jennings missed just one game due to the injury but wasn't really full strength the rest of the way and finished with 45 catches for 632 yards and three TDs.

This year, despite missing the first two games of the season with a hamstring strain, Jennings is blowing away last year's numbers. With three games to go in the regular season, Jennings has 46 catches for 812 yards and a team-high 11 TDs.

"A lot of people said late in the year he hit the rookie wall, but I think he's proving to people that rookie wall is over," Driver said. "Now he's a veteran guy, he's stepping up to make plays, and he proves it week in and week out."

Players around the league will cast their votes for the Pro Bowl later this week, and while Jennings is certainly on the radar, his chances realistically aren't too good because he's tied for 47th in the league in receptions and ranked 27th in yards.

The most impressive numbers are his 17.7 yards per catch, second in the league to Tampa Bay's Joey Galloway (17.8), and his one score roughly every four catches for a TD total that's tied for fourth overall (with Cincinnati's T.J. Houshmandzaeh), behind New England's Randy Moss (19), Dallas' Terrell Owens (14) and Cleveland's Braylon Edwards (13).

But Pro Bowl-bound or not, what's most impressive about Jennings is just how difficult he's becoming to stop in this offense.

Always a team-first guy, Jennings credits the scheme and the multiple threats his teammates pose for any success that comes his way. And to a certain extent he's right, because defenses have seen film of not only Jennings but Driver, James Jones and Donald Lee make their share of big plays this season as well.

"When teams go to the single-high safety, we all lick our chops, honestly," Jennings said. "Brett, the receivers, everybody. It's just like, if we can protect, we'll make a big play. When we see that, it's almost like our eyes get huge."

But Jennings deserves just as much credit for some of his eye-openers, particularly the "jump ball" of sorts against Oakland for 80 yards. Jennings had a similar play in Week 10 against Minnesota, when he out-battled cornerback Cedric Griffin for a Favre lob and took a good whack from safety Darren Sharper but held on for a 34-yard gain to the 7-yard line that set up a TD.

Favre admitted after the Raiders game that Jennings wasn't necessarily open on that deep ball and the throw didn't feel right coming out of his hand. The only thing he said he did well was keeping the throw to the outside. The rest was all Jennings.

"He continues to make plays every week that I don't want to say 'wow' you, but it's just he makes what could potentially be a hard play (and) makes it look easy," Favre said. "It's nice to know when you don't throw your best ball, that plays like that can happen."

That play, probably moreso than the game-winning bomb in Denver, could give opponents pause the rest of this month and next.

"It's not like he was 5 yards past the guy, he just made a play," Favre said. "And to me as a defensive coordinator, that worries you a little bit. A guy is 5 yards past you and you make a good throw, I mean, that just happens. But when you have good coverage, now you have to consider doubling guys like that, because even with good coverage and the guy makes a play, you've got problems."

That's a good problem for the Packers, because if defenses do start double-teaming Jennings, his teammates will benefit. Robinson calls it "one of those pick-your-poison kind of deals" when it comes to this offense.

The same can be said for defenders sizing up Jennings himself with his all-around game - deep routes, underneath patterns, yards after the catch, and ball skills - proving dangerous.

"We're not going to put him in the Hall of Fame just yet but he's certainly playing well," Robinson said. "I think the sky's the limit for the guy."

Tyrone Bigguns
12-11-2007, 06:37 PM

C'mon Patler.

Favre >>>> Harbaugh

Of course Favre is a better QB than Harbaugh, so what? I never suggested Harbaugh was as good as Favre. But on the other hand I don't think it is a real valid argument to suggest that Harrison's performance was down significantly his first few years because Harbaugh was his QB. Maybe a few receptions, maybe not. Who knows?

You seem fixated on Harbaugh which would be fine if he had him as the QB. Harbaugh's best TD year was below Brett's worst. Harbaugh has one year at 63%, Brett way more. Brett's subpar years are Harbaugh's average.
More importantly, Brett regularly throws 500 passes a year. Harbaugh averaged about 150 less based on 16 games sked.

But, the fact remains that he didn't. He had 2 or 3 QBs every year. Hard to build timing and rapport.

I'm not arguing Favre...this holds true for any good/great well established QB.

Patler
12-11-2007, 06:54 PM
You seem fixated on Harbaugh which would be fine if he had him as the QB. Harbaugh's best TD year was below Brett's worst. Harbaugh has one year at 63%, Brett way more. Brett's subpar years are Harbaugh's average.
More importantly, Brett regularly throws 500 passes a year. Harbaugh averaged about 150 less based on 16 games sked.

But, the fact remains that he didn't. He had 2 or 3 QBs every year. Hard to build timing and rapport.

I'm not arguing Favre...this holds true for any good/great well established QB.

I don't give a crap about Harbaugh or Favre in a discussion of Jennings vs. Harrison. Others are fixated on Favre being the be-all and end-all of every Packer discussion. Quite frankly, it gets very boring at times.

So how many more receptions did Jennings have because of Favre, and how many fewer did Harrison have because of Harbaugh? 1? 2? 5? 10? 15?

How many fewer did Jennings have last year because Favre was, well, not very good?
How many fewer did Jennings have last year because Favre focused so heavily on Driver at times?

I think you can discuss wide receivers without worrying about who throws them the ball.

RashanGary
12-11-2007, 07:05 PM
It seems to me that even if Jennings had Rodgers throwing him the ball, he'd be very effective. Acctually, I think Rodgers looks to Jennings more than Favre does. I didn't see any drop off in Jennings game when Rodgers entered.

Jennings was also the biggest WR in the preseason the year Rodgers was throwing him the ball with the 2nd unit (Jennings rookie year)

DannoMac21
12-11-2007, 07:13 PM
All I know is that James Jones reminds me a lot of Chad Johnson.

The Leaper
12-11-2007, 07:46 PM
I don't give a crap about Harbaugh or Favre in a discussion of Jennings vs. Harrison. Others are fixated on Favre being the be-all and end-all of every Packer discussion. Quite frankly, it gets very boring at times.

So you then are claiming the QB has no bearing on the performance of a WR?

Just because something is boring to you hardly means it is invalid as a point of discussion. I'm bored to death with hearing about the Patriots...OJ Simpson...Barry Bonds...Michael Vick. It doesn't mean those are invalid points of discussion.

So how many more receptions did Jennings have because of Favre, and how many fewer did Harrison have because of Harbaugh? 1? 2? 5? 10? 15?

The fact of that matter is that YOU don't have any more of a clue in this regard than anyone else does. You are also the only one trying to come up with some mythical number here. Everyone else is merely content to point out that Jennings had an advantage...no one claimed that it was massive or tiny, just that there is an advantage for a WR to be working with a HOF caliber QB compared to a relative journeyman like Harbaugh.

How many fewer did Jennings have last year because Favre was, well, not very good?

How many fewer did Jennings have last year because Favre focused so heavily on Driver at times?

What evidence do you have that Jennings was less of a target than Harrison as a rookie? Care to break that down for me? You blast my side of the argument for assumptions...then throw one out yourself? Ridiculous.

I think you can discuss wide receivers without worrying about who throws them the ball.

You can...until it comes down to their performance on the field, because with half a brain can realize that a WR's performance certainly is affected by the person throwing him the ball. To claim otherwise is ignorance.

oregonpackfan
12-11-2007, 09:19 PM
Jennings reminds me of a healthy Robert Brooks.

chain_gang
12-12-2007, 07:17 AM
I'd say Jennings reminds me of the old longtime Miami Dolphins wideout and 1 season Sterling Sharpe complimentary wideout Mark Clayton. Just the shiftyness of both of them, and the quick burst they have to break away from their man after the catch. Not too mention, Clayton second year as a pro 18Tds, Jennings so far 11.