PDA

View Full Version : Winners and Losers-Week 14

MJZiggy
12-11-2007, 06:29 PM
Winners and Losers
Packers vs. Raiders
by Deputy Nutz

The Packers were able to control the game from start to finish in their 38-7 win Sunday against the Raiders. The Raiders offense couldn't...Read more! (http://www.packerrats.com)

vince
12-11-2007, 07:23 PM
Well done as usual Nutz.

My only comment is that it's hard to put Jones on the Losers list when he didn't even get a pass thrown at him. With only 23 pass plays the whole game, and a bevy of receiving options for Favre to throw to, that's gonna happen to someone. Perhaps you replayed the game and saw a lackluster effort by the Californian in his first cold-weather game, but I couldn't see that on TV...

RashanGary
12-11-2007, 07:43 PM
Nice to see Bigby and Collins in the winners column.

I'm not so sure about Collins in the long run, but I love some of the things Bigby does. He has 3 forced fumbles and 2 int's. He's injured two WR's in the first quarter of games (Bowe and Smith in the KC/Giants games) and he's been great in run support. He has his inconsistancies, but Bigby is a big play safety.

I can live with growing pains when a guy makes plays like Bigby does. It's very hard for me to live with Growing pains with a guy like Collins who hasn't made many big plays.

I look at Coston the same way. He makes mistakes, like Colledge, but he also kicks ass from time to time as well. I saw Coston over power the guy in front of him a few times in the Oakland game. Coston is atheltic, but he's also very powerfull. I think he's our strongest lineman and our best run blocker (although he has his inconsistancies too). I never thought I'd say this, but I'm a week or two of improved consistancy away from being sold on Orange Juice Coston.

MJZiggy
12-11-2007, 08:32 PM
Well done as usual Nutz.

My only comment is that it's hard to put Jones on the Losers list when he didn't even get a pass thrown at him. With only 23 pass plays the whole game, and a bevy of receiving options for Favre to throw to, that's gonna happen to someone. Perhaps you replayed the game and saw a lackluster effort by the Californian in his first cold-weather game, but I couldn't see that on TV...

I thought one went his way but it was overthrown or off the mark out of bounds or something like that...I know I saw him on the receiving end of something that wasn't caught.

oregonpackfan
12-11-2007, 08:49 PM
Brett Favre has to be included in the winners column. After both playing poorly in the Dallas game and receiving injuries, he came back strong in this game.

He went back to making good decisions and consistently making the short and medium range passes. The long pass to Jennings should be done maybe 2-3 times a game to keep the defending teams honest so they don't send their secondary inside.

Donald Driver should be included in the winners column as well. Yes, he only caught 4 passes but in the first half he caught 3 passes on 3rd down which kept drives alive. Those drives in the first half helped establish the tempo and ball control of the game.

Driver remains the "Go-To" guy for Favre. He is a highly important cog in the Packers' offensive scheme.

Bossman641
12-11-2007, 09:44 PM
Losers:

Paris Lenon :evil: