PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING NEWS : NFL network thursday...

packers11
12-11-2007, 08:33 PM
Bryant Gumbel will miss the NFL Network's Thursday night broadcast with a sore throat.

Source: The Houston Chronicle

I can finally watch football on Thursday without muting my T.V.

The Leaper
12-11-2007, 08:37 PM
Is that a NFL Network induced sore throat?

Packers4Ever
12-11-2007, 08:38 PM
Bryant Gumbel will miss the NFL Network's Thursday night broadcast with a sore throat.

P11, I'm happy for you, enjoy the game! :D

oregonpackfan
12-11-2007, 08:53 PM

Maybe the NFL Network can resurrect the Christmas Ghost From the Past--Howard Cosell, to announce the game! :)

BallHawk
12-11-2007, 09:36 PM
Per PFT.com.....

http://www.profootballtalk.com/ChrisKermit.jpg
NFLN opts for a play-by-play announcer with a deeper voice than Bryant Gumbel.

Cheesehead Craig
12-11-2007, 10:11 PM
Have you heard the radio broadcasts with Dick Emberg and "The Sheriff" Denny Green? ** shudder **

Will somebody please bring back Dan Fouts? Best analytical announcer out there hands down.

Jimx29
12-11-2007, 10:35 PM
Dandy Don FTW!!

oregonpackfan
12-11-2007, 11:05 PM
Have you heard the radio broadcasts with Dick Emberg and "The Sheriff" Denny Green? ** shudder **

Will somebody please bring back Dan Fouts? Best analytical announcer out there hands down.

Dan Fouts does indeed to a great job of analytical annoucing.

I thought he just announced college games. Is that correct?

By the way, Dan Fouts now makes his home in Sisters, Oregon--a small town in the mid-Cascade Mountains.

Badgerinmaine
12-12-2007, 10:14 AM

I have--and I enjoy them! I like the old-school announcers like Enberg best--so much more the wound-tighter-than-a-cheap-watch style of someone like Joe Buck, and I think Green's analysis is sound.