PDA

View Full Version : Looks Like We Have AT LEAST Two Pro-Bowlers!

OS PA
12-12-2007, 05:04 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d804db03e&template=without-video&confirm=true

Favre led the way before Pro Bowl voting ended

National Football League

Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre, with 842,167 votes, lead all NFL All-Stars in balloting for the 2008 NFL Pro Bowl. Presented by Sprint, 2008 Pro Bowl voting came to an end on Tuesday, Dec. 11.

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady (776,475 votes) ranked second overall heading into the final week of voting, Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning (740,302 votes), New England Patriots wide receiver Randy Moss (606,238 votes) and Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo (604,027 votes) rounded out the top five on NFL.com. Romo received the highest number of votes from voters using Sprint's service.

The teams will be announced at 4 p.m. (ET) Tuesday, December 18 on a special NFL Total Access 2008 NFL Pro Bowl Selection Show on NFL Network. The Pro Bowl will be played at Aloha Stadium in Honolulu, Hawaii on Sunday, February 10 and will be televised by FOX.

The AFC and NFC All-Star squads are made up of the consensus votes of fans, players and coaches. Each group's vote counts one-third towards determining the 43-man rosters that represent the American Football Conference and National Football Conference in the Pro Bowl. NFL players and coaches will cast their votes December 13-14.

The NFL is the only sports league that combines voting by fans, coaches and players to determine its all-star teams. It was the first professional sports league to offer online all-star voting in 1995.

QB Brett Favre Packers 842,167
RB Adrian Peterson Vikings 557,873
FB Tony Richardson Vikings 146,238
WR Terrell Owens Cowboys 507,620
TE Jason Witten Cowboys 436,997
T Flozell Adams Cowboys 270,909
G Leonard Davis Cowboys 242,503
C Andre Gurode Cowboys 235,052
K Nick Folk Cowboys 197,013
KR Devin Hester Bears 446,643
DE Osi Umenyiora Giants 273,417
IL Tommie Harris Bears 161,222
OLB DeMarcus Ware Cowboys 286,382
ILB Brian Urlacher Bears 252,640
CB Charles Woodson Packers 263,551
SS Roy Williams Cowboys 203,881
FS Sean Taylor Redskins 187,064
P Mat McBriar Cowboys 167,023
ST Brendon Ayanbadejo Bears 167,116
I have no idea how to work the code.

b bulldog
12-12-2007, 07:30 AM
Kampy better make the trip

The Leaper
12-12-2007, 07:56 AM
Kampman is a guaranteed starter...once the players and coaches vote.

The only other guy I think really deserves strong Pro Bowl consideration as a starter is Barnett. I would think Urlacher is not going to be the top ILB when the players and coaches vote.

I think we need to do a little less clicking for soup cans and a little more clicking for Pro Bowlers. How the hell is the entire Cowboy team starting according to the fans?

OS PA
12-12-2007, 08:08 AM
Looks as if the entire Cowboys OL will be making the trip. I hope Hawaii has enough food to feed them.

Cheesehead Craig
12-12-2007, 08:18 AM
I fully believe that Barnett, Kampman, Jennings and Lee are going to make the team. No worries.

K-town
12-12-2007, 09:31 AM
Unfortunately, some players make the Pro Bowl based on reputation, not performance.
We expect the casual fan to vote for recognizable names, but I've read that often times players will also vote for "the name you know."
Having said that, Grr-lacher is not having a great year; Barnett should be the man at that position.
Roy Williams? According to most analysts, "Liability-in-Pass-Coverage " is his middle name.
And just like the 1990s, the fat-asses on the Cowboys line make it on reputation. I wonder which one of the 'Boys current lineman will be arrested after retirement for trying to smuggle his own weight's worth of weed across state lines? :twisted:

FritzDontBlitz
12-12-2007, 10:34 AM
Teams with the best divisional records and most media exposure often end up sending 5 or more players to the Pro Bowl that year. I can see Favre, Woody, Kampy and Greg Jennings getting in, maybe one or two others. I'm pulling for DD, but the lack of TD's may hurt his chances. Jennings has to get some kind of recognition because he's the receiver in damn near every Brett Favre record and highlight in 2007.

PlantPage55
12-12-2007, 11:19 AM
Urlacher? :roll: Oh Jesus do I hate the average NFL fan.

Tony Oday
12-12-2007, 11:24 AM
Guys for sure from our team:

Favre, Jennings, Kamp, Harris, Woodson and Barnett

Guys I would also like to see:

Lee, Pickett and dark horse Grant :)

mmmdk
12-12-2007, 11:30 AM
Here are mine: Favre, Jennings, Kampman, Woodson, Pickett and Barnett.

mmmdk
12-12-2007, 11:37 AM

Actually, Clifton deserve a trip too. DD would be deserving also.

gbgary
12-12-2007, 11:50 AM

and roy williams too. 'boy fans here continually cuss him as being the weak link on that defense. less than average against the run and terrible against the pass.

PlantPage55
12-12-2007, 12:01 PM

and roy williams too. 'boy fans here continually cuss him as being the weak link on that defense. less than average against the run and terrible against the pass.

Yep. In fact, on NFL Primetime they jokingly said, "any time Roy Willaims is on the field for the Cowboys YOU have a chance to score!"

Playing off of the cliche, "any time so-and-so gets the ball they have a chance to score"

It's ridiculous. Completely voted in on reputation alone - which, if anyone was paying attention, has not been good at all lately!

:x

billy_oliver880
12-12-2007, 12:05 PM

I think clifton is solid but not pro bowl material. He has looked lost out there at times this year. Looks kind of stiff and slow this year against fast guys.

Harlan Huckleby
12-12-2007, 01:14 PM
Favre, Kampman, Woodson, Barnett.

We have a handful of other really good players, but not quite pro bowl.

mmmdk
12-12-2007, 01:18 PM

I think clifton is solid but not pro bowl material. He has looked lost out there at times this year. Looks kind of stiff and slow this year against fast guys.

You're probably right. Cliffy is solid but I was searching for a Packer to break the Dallas OL dominance. Tauch is normally better than Cliffy but Tauch has been injured and played under his own high standart.

woodbuck27
12-13-2007, 07:00 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d804db03e&template=without-video&confirm=true

Favre led the way before Pro Bowl voting ended

National Football League

Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre, with 842,167 votes, lead all NFL All-Stars in balloting for the 2008 NFL Pro Bowl. Presented by Sprint, 2008 Pro Bowl voting came to an end on Tuesday, Dec. 11.

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady (776,475 votes) ranked second overall heading into the final week of voting, Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning (740,302 votes), New England Patriots wide receiver Randy Moss (606,238 votes) and Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo (604,027 votes) rounded out the top five on NFL.com. Romo received the highest number of votes from voters using Sprint's service.

The teams will be announced at 4 p.m. (ET) Tuesday, December 18 on a special NFL Total Access 2008 NFL Pro Bowl Selection Show on NFL Network. The Pro Bowl will be played at Aloha Stadium in Honolulu, Hawaii on Sunday, February 10 and will be televised by FOX.

The AFC and NFC All-Star squads are made up of the consensus votes of fans, players and coaches. Each group's vote counts one-third towards determining the 43-man rosters that represent the American Football Conference and National Football Conference in the Pro Bowl. NFL players and coaches will cast their votes December 13-14.

The NFL is the only sports league that combines voting by fans, coaches and players to determine its all-star teams. It was the first professional sports league to offer online all-star voting in 1995.

QB Brett Favre Packers 842,167
RB Adrian Peterson Vikings 557,873
FB Tony Richardson Vikings 146,238
WR Terrell Owens Cowboys 507,620
TE Jason Witten Cowboys 436,997
T Flozell Adams Cowboys 270,909
G Leonard Davis Cowboys 242,503
C Andre Gurode Cowboys 235,052
K Nick Folk Cowboys 197,013
KR Devin Hester Bears 446,643
DE Osi Umenyiora Giants 273,417
IL Tommie Harris Bears 161,222
OLB DeMarcus Ware Cowboys 286,382
ILB Brian Urlacher Bears 252,640
CB Charles Woodson Packers 263,551
SS Roy Williams Cowboys 203,881
FS Sean Taylor Redskins 187,064
P Mat McBriar Cowboys 167,023
ST Brendon Ayanbadejo Bears 167,116
I have no idea how to work the code.

Good Gauuud what a popularity contest.

Nine (9) Cowboys and only One (1) Indian put out to ** the Great Reserve.

** Look who that Indian is.

That gave me a funny feeling in my guts and not a good one.

Sitting here just shaking my head.

How sad is that?

Really BIG. . . DAM. . . and of course the REAL WORD to demonstrate REAL emotion !!

RashanGary
12-13-2007, 07:11 PM

Ditto. I think Jennings deserves to go becuase he was one of the leagues top big play makers. I don't think he'll go because he's not known just yet. Next year he has a shot.

woodbuck27
12-13-2007, 07:23 PM

Ditto. I think Jennings deserves to go becuase he was one of the leagues top big play makers. I don't think he'll go because he's not known just yet. Next year he has a shot.

I'm in Greg Jennings corner for a shot at the Pro Bowl also.

I also like the attitude he brings the team.

Joemailman
12-13-2007, 08:23 PM
Jennings will have a tough time making it because his reception and yardage totals are not even in the top 10 among NFC WR's. In fact, Driver beats him in both areas. Driver and Jennings may be the best WR tandem in the NFC, but I fear neither one will make it. What makes the Packer offense great, that is, spreading the ball around to several WR's, makes it tough for any single player to accumulate the necessary stats to make the Pro Bowl. Hope I'm wrong though. Either Driver or Jennings would be deserving.

The Leaper
12-14-2007, 08:12 AM
Ditto. I think Jennings deserves to go becuase he was one of the leagues top big play makers.

Jennings has 45 catches JH. That ain't getting you to the Pro Bowl unless ALL of them are TD catches.

MadtownPacker
12-14-2007, 08:12 AM
Ditto. I think Jennings deserves to go becuase he was one of the leagues top big play makers.

Jennings has 45 catches JH. That ain't getting you to the Pro Bowl unless ALL of them are TD catches.Shit he is almost scoring on 1 out of every 4 catches.