PDA

View Full Version : A little Lambeau Love from ESPN.com

cpk1994
12-12-2007, 11:16 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/travel/news/story?id=3149179

A nice guide to Green Bay.

MadtownPacker
12-12-2007, 11:25 AM
I read this and it reminded me how cool it was when I went in October for the first time ever. I couldn't believe it was really like this. I know that might not be saying much but it was seriously the nicest place I have ever been. I would even say it was beautiful. All the people I met or spoke to where excellent. I am going again next year for sure!

hurleyfan
12-12-2007, 11:37 AM
Green Bay & Lambeau are truly quite an experience!

Maybe if there's another Rat game in 2008 I can join the fun!!

Lurker64
12-12-2007, 12:06 PM
Next door to Brett Favre's Steakhouse, a warehouse-size merchandise outlet called the Jersey Store offers the mind-bending sight of a man clad in a Favre jersey buying a Favre jersey.

Now that I think about it, that is a little weird. Still, the author didn't note whether one was a home jersey and the other was an away jersey?

swede
12-12-2007, 12:15 PM
Next door to Brett Favre's Steakhouse, a warehouse-size merchandise outlet called the Jersey Store offers the mind-bending sight of a man clad in a Favre jersey buying a Favre jersey.

Now that I think about it, that is a little weird. Still, the author didn't note whether one was a home jersey and the other was an away jersey?

It's quite possible the "Salvation Army 'Favre Jerseys for the Homeless'" drive had just gotten underway.

Carolina_Packer
12-12-2007, 12:24 PM
My only trip to Lambeau was September of 2005 when they played the Buccaneers and lost 17-15 to Brian Griese and Co. Despite the loss, I had a great time. You have to go to the Packer HOF and take the stadium tour! Chili Johns is pretty good. Gameday was rainy before the game, so the tailgating experience was a little challenging, but when it cleared up, I agree with the author about the great smells. It seemed more like a college football experience than a pro one. The thing that stays with you is the fans and the atmosphere. There was a Buccaneer fan in the next section over and he was obnoxious, even wearing a foam rubber schooner boat on his head. We all started to chant "Ship-Head!" at him. He got the last laugh unfortunately.

OS PA
12-12-2007, 01:28 PM
My only game-day trip to Lambeau was during last years Vikings game. The tailgating was a little slower than I had hoped, but it could have been due to the fact that it was 32 degrees and raining! I'd like to go to a game in the fall when the weather is nice, but I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Lambeau in it's favorite essence, cold.

LL2
12-12-2007, 02:17 PM
I've been there 3 times and always love it! I'm as happy as a kid on Christmas day! So, what are the nominations for next years PR game? I want to try to make that one.

The Leaper
12-12-2007, 02:56 PM
While the Dallas game will certainly be a temptation...the cost would likely be outrageous. It will probably take place on Sunday night anyway.

You guys did the Bears this year...so why not the Vikings next year? Give Ras a reason to make the pilgrimage.

hurleyfan
12-13-2007, 07:15 PM
While the Dallas game will certainly be a temptation...the cost would likely be outrageous. It will probably take place on Sunday night anyway.

You guys did the Bears this year...so why not the Vikings next year? Give Ras a reason to make the pilgrimage.

Dallas in Green Bay next year?? How'd you find that?

I'd come for that one for sure!!