PDA

View Full Version : 16,000 Posts!

Chubbyhubby
05-16-2006, 10:00 PM
Just wanted to say WOW! 16,000 posts and counting in the Packers Section on the Board. Very impressive.
In a span of little more than 2 months

oregonpackfan
05-16-2006, 10:38 PM
Let's try to get 50,000 posts by the first game of the regular season!

Oregonpackfan

HarveyWallbangers
05-16-2006, 10:44 PM
That should be easy. Once training camp rolls around, this place will be humming.
:D

GrnBay007
05-16-2006, 10:49 PM

Oregonpackfan

Hear that Zig? NO vacations for you until the season starts!! :wink: :razz:

Bretsky
05-16-2006, 10:50 PM
That should be easy. Once training camp rolls around, this place will be humming.
:D

New signups have been outstanding; 6 weeks ago we seemed to be stuck in the 140's and I wondered if we'd see 200 by year end. Lots of good quality members have been joining.

Chubbyhubby
05-16-2006, 10:50 PM
:razz: Agreed! This site outclasses all the other sites combined. The posters are very knowledgeable (sp) and polite. Very few buletin boards have polite posters. Unlike the JSO forum. I have come across several buletin boards that have rude members on the net. This site is not on of them. Thats why this forum is refreshing and I bet the reason why we are getting so many members. By the time the season starts we will have over 450 members!

MJZiggy
05-17-2006, 07:03 AM

Oregonpackfan

Hear that Zig? NO vacations for you until the season starts!! :wink: :razz:

Ummmmm. Too late. I'm goin' on vacation! :cool:

wist43
05-17-2006, 09:44 AM
Much better to be over here with all of you... I had missed debating you guys.

The JS site is pretty much being overrun by teens and twenty-somethings... i.e., the topics and posts have degenerated into immature rantings.

I haven't been posting on the JS site much lately.

billy_oliver880
05-17-2006, 09:51 AM

The JS site is pretty much being overrun by teens and twenty-somethings... i.e., the topics and posts have degenerated into immature rantings.

wist...Why are you posting a blanket statement saying that teens and twenty-somethings post immature rants? I don't think that being a certain age will make the posting anymore mature. I would like be believe that my postings are of a maturity level that is respectable. I am 23 by the way.

jack's smirking revenge
05-17-2006, 09:59 AM

Great to have you here Wist! Missed your POV when I left JSO.

tyler

MJZiggy
05-17-2006, 10:02 AM
Billy, I think I understand what Wist is saying. There is a difference between a board having the insight and energy of a teen and twenty-something and a board being overrun by immature people who don't do the work to fully understand what they're talking about before spouting an unsubstantiated opinion. I find that our youngest member posts in a much more mature fashion than most of the people that Wist is referring to, as do you and most of the younger members of the Packer Rats forum. He is, I believe, referring to the difference between age and maturity. (Hawk v. Caroll).

billy_oliver880
05-17-2006, 10:07 AM
Billy, I think I understand what Wist is saying. There is a difference between a board having the insight and energy of a teen and twenty-something and a board being overrun by immature people who don't do the work to fully understand what they're talking about before spouting an unsubstantiated opinion. I find that our youngest member posts in a much more mature fashion than most of the people that Wist is referring to, as do you and most of the younger members of the Packer Rats forum. He is, I believe, referring to the difference between age and maturity. (Hawk v. Caroll).

Fair enough. I guess I get so used to people not listening what I have to say just based on the fact that I am young. I am a participant in two forums. This one and a motorcycle forum. The vast majority of posters on these two forums are very mature and do not personally attack each other. I have visited a few others that the posting could get violent and very personal and never wanted to be a part of them. But I do enjoy coming to this site and getting some valuable information from some very intellegent packer fans.

FavreChild
05-17-2006, 10:47 AM
Wist is just stating (correctly) that the JS posters reveal their age (i.e. immaturity) with their posts.

billy_oliver does not have that problem. The only way we know his age is 'cause he just told us! :wink:

Overall, it is best to have a variety of ages and perspectives, of course. Keep up the good work, everyone - old and young, rookie or veteran.

Chubbyhubby
05-17-2006, 10:59 AM

Fair enough. I guess I get so used to people not listening what I have to say just based on the fact that I am young. I am a participant in two forums. This one and a motorcycle forum. The vast majority of posters on these two forums are very mature and do not personally attack each other. I have visited a few others that the posting could get violent and very personal and never wanted to be a part of them. But I do enjoy coming to this site and getting some valuable information from some very intellegent packer fans.

I agree that Packer Rats do have some intellegent Packer fans. I enjoy reading and contrubuting to this forum. I was on this one forum last year a Basketball Forum which was ok until the name calling and people got personal. I took it to the site's adminstrator and he agreed about the insults! I haven't been on there since. Packer Rats is a class act. Very proffessional. Great Job!!!

jack's smirking revenge
05-17-2006, 11:04 AM

Billy, regardless of your age, you're a great addition to this site. I think all points of view are listened to and respected here, unlike "that other place" where opinions are vulgarly berated. I agree with what everyone's saying about Wist's comment. I don't think he was ripping on age necessarily, but the "maturity level" of posters you find at "that other place". I'd like to think this place is a haven for people that like to have intelligent conversation about topics. I found that hard to do at "the other place".

As you, I learn a lot from this place and enjoy it immensely.

tyler

Deputy Nutz
05-17-2006, 02:00 PM
16000 post is a heck of a number, but what I can't understand is how ziggy already has over 1700 post. Thats sick.

Murphy37
05-17-2006, 02:03 PM
Wist is just stating (correctly) that the JS posters reveal their age (i.e. immaturity) with their posts.

billy_oliver does not have that problem. The only way we know his age is 'cause he just told us! :wink:

Overall, it is best to have a variety of ages and perspectives, of course. Keep up the good work, everyone - old and young, rookie or veteran.

In that case, you guys must think I'm what.........13?

jack's smirking revenge
05-17-2006, 02:05 PM
That is sick. Means she has roughly 10% of all the posts. I am somewhat jealous.... Great job Zig and, well, all of us for reaching such an impressive level.

tyler

Bretsky
05-17-2006, 06:28 PM

Wist,

I was quite worried you would never come back. Before Thompson signed Charles Woodsen that last week I was quite down and convinced he would never spend money. People were actually calling me Wist Jr for my sarcasm with negative spins. I found myself using some of your patented phrases like just a guy and criticizing the scouts in Green Bay.

Cheers,
B

wist43
05-17-2006, 09:08 PM
Bret, sorry you had to endure the ridicule of being "wist jr"... Not to fear though, I am here to fight the good fight.

As you may remember, I was highy critical, maybe even hyper critical of TT, but I never called for his head... I wanted to see this draft before I made up my mind as to whether or not I thought TT could rebuild the team.

I liked the draft, and think there is at least some hope now.

Glad to be here.

Bretsky
05-17-2006, 09:37 PM
Bret, sorry you had to endure the ridicule of being "wist jr"... Not to fear though, I am here to fight the good fight.

As you may remember, I was highy critical, maybe even hyper critical of TT, but I never called for his head... I wanted to see this draft before I made up my mind as to whether or not I thought TT could rebuild the team.

I liked the draft, and think there is at least some hope now.

Glad to be here.

TT needs his critics; not everybody can declare all is well just because we are the Packers. I'm taking a wait and see approach to this year's draft; I consider last year's to be graded a C at best.

I think what he did with those two second rounders will tell this year's story. There were two first round draft talents there for the pickings in Jimmy Williams and Chad Jackson. Trading those away is risky; frankly I'd have grabbed Jimmy Williams for sure and our CB's would have been a strength for years to come.

motife
05-17-2006, 10:05 PM
here's a link to hear the real Harpo Marx... speaking...

I've listened to it a 100 times and am still fascinated :

http://www.marx-brothers.org/living/bbc2_hm.wav

http://www.nndb.com/people/865/000043736/harpo-marx.jpg

Scott Campbell
05-17-2006, 10:32 PM
I am 23 by the way.

Aw crap Billy. I wish you hadn't told me that. Now I can't take you seriously for 4 or 5 more years.
:razz:

billy_oliver880
05-18-2006, 09:14 AM
I am 23 by the way.

Aw crap Billy. I wish you hadn't told me that. Now I can't take you seriously for 4 or 5 more years.

HAHAHA. That sounds about right. People don't start taking you seriously till your 28. :D Not that I post too many serious things anyways. I am a "cheesy" poster. :lol:

wist43
05-18-2006, 11:15 AM
I am 23 by the way.

HAHAHA. That sounds about right. People don't start taking you seriously till your 28. :D Not that I post too many serious things anyways. I am a "cheesy" poster. :lol:

Billy,

Age doesn't matter; however, it isn't very difficult to cull out from the herd those who are under 25... BTW, I had no idea how old you were. Regardless of age, I have no problem engaging anybody in debate.

On "the other site" however, there has been a decided increase in petulent behavior that has gotten to the point where I don't want to deal with it anymore - most of it due, in fact, to younger members who don't know how to debate or engage in discourse w/o resorting to immature behavior.

One young member over there who I appreciate, and I think she posts on here, is "Mazzin"... she's a lot of fun, and I enjoy her posts.

Age doesn't matter - how one conducts ones self does. We all get into heated debates and arguments - but, there's no need to get personal or belligerent... too many young people don't seem to realize that these days.

For those of you who do, it is certainly to your credit.

billy_oliver880
05-18-2006, 11:22 AM
I am 23 by the way.

On "the other site" however, there has been a decided increase in petulent behavior that has gotten to the point where I don't want to deal with it anymore - most of it due, in fact, to younger members who don't know how to debate or engage in discourse w/o resorting to immature behavior.

I don't blame you...One reason I did not become a member of that place...amongst other things.

MadtownPacker
05-18-2006, 11:33 AM
Damn Zig really has 10%? IS she the new Mobb?

Noodle
05-18-2006, 11:36 AM
Nah, Ziggy's posts typically consist of more than two words or the same stock phrases repeated over and over.

I loved Mobb, but geez, if you're going to post, say something.

MJZiggy
05-18-2006, 01:16 PM
Damn Zig really has 10%? IS she the new Mobb?

At least 1,000 of those have been spent trying (unsuccessfully) to get Tank to get off TT's back!! :roll:

GBRulz
05-18-2006, 02:03 PM
that would also require 50% of her posts to be about Mac Da Great.

Gosh, there's a poll for ya...which topic is more sickening...Tank's rants about TT or Mobb's obsession with Mac. I think it's a toss up !!! :wink:

billy_oliver880
05-18-2006, 03:33 PM
Gosh, there's a poll for ya...which topic is more sickening...Tank's rants about TT or Mobb's obsession with Mac. I think it's a toss up !!! :wink:

I think it would be Tank's love of TT. :shock:

jack's smirking revenge
05-18-2006, 03:38 PM
I'd have to go with Tank's hatred of TT. I don't recall Mobb going on vulgarity-laced tirades about Mac. Actually, I kinda miss Mobb. We need him here to counteract the TT-hating craziness by Tank.

tyler

billy_oliver880
05-18-2006, 03:46 PM
I'd have to go with Tank's hatred of TT. I don't recall Mobb going on vulgarity-laced tirades about Mac. Actually, I kinda miss Mobb. We need him here to counteract the TT-hating craziness by Tank.

tyler

I think that Tank just wants to hate someone in the organization. Just to be spiteful of all the rest of us.

GBRulz
05-18-2006, 08:47 PM
I wonder why Mobb never came over here.

Does anyone know if he's still around JSO?