PDA

View Full Version : The Pregame Show - Meet Me in St. Louis

MJZiggy
12-13-2007, 10:48 AM
By swede

When the Green bay Packers travel to the Edward Jones Dome in St. Louis on Sunday, they face a Rams team struck by key injuries and confidence issues. Head coach Scott Linehan and his players... Read All About it HERE (http://packerrats.com)

OS PA
12-13-2007, 11:10 AM
Nice article. To nitpick, we have a 5-1 record on the road, not 7-1. We'll have a 7-1 record by the end of season, but for now we've beaten NYG, Minnesota, Denver, KC, and Detroit and lost to Dallas.

swede
12-13-2007, 11:22 AM
You are right of course. The 7-1 record on the road includes last year's 4 game winning streak.

Keep an eye on Will Witherspoon. He's one of those free agents that took his 9 mil bonus and has worked like crazy in an awful season to show that he was worth the cash.

I think I have actually heard TT use the word "crapshoot" when describing free agency. The Rams won when they rolled the dice on Will Witherspoon, but...

...they are 3-10 and we are 11-2.

MadtownPacker
12-13-2007, 12:16 PM
Some good analysis man. I think I want to see bulger out there after all. I was in the worried category but in reality this should be a 5-star ass kicking.

Cheesehead Craig
12-13-2007, 04:55 PM
Depends on how the left side of our OL is going to be. Both Coston and Clifton could be out. Remember the Miami game last year when College was out there at LT?

hurleyfan
12-13-2007, 07:00 PM
Some good analysis man. I think I want to see bulger out there after all. I was in the worried category but in reality this should be a 5-star ass kicking.

I think I'm still in the "worried" category... Bulger is pretty accurate, makes good decisions, and has a pretty decent set of receivers...

Plus Steven Jackson is a horse!

I hope it is a 5-star ass kicking !!

swede
12-14-2007, 06:03 AM

I think I'm still in the "worried" category... Bulger is pretty accurate, makes good decisions, and has a pretty decent set of receivers...

Plus Steven Jackson is a horse!

I hope it is a 5-star ass kicking !!

I don't recall having ever seen Stephen Jackson play, although one certainly hears his name in fantasy circles. I looked at his NFL.com page and found out that he is 6-2 and 232 pounds! For whatever reason I thought he was a little guy.

Still, St. Louis has serious issues on their offensive line. Jackson, for all his talent, has only cracked the 100 yard mark once this year.

Buy kick ass ans sell upset is the swede's advice.

the_idle_threat
12-14-2007, 10:53 AM
Well done, swede! I like how you gratuitously slipped Spirit of St. Louis in there for us history geeks.

The Leaper
12-14-2007, 11:31 AM
Bulger, Holt and Jackson are fine players.

The problem is that the OL has been decimated to the point of ineffectiveness.

Bulger doesn't have time to throw, Jackson doesn't have holes to run through, and Holt is affected by both of those issues.

swede
12-14-2007, 11:54 AM
Well done, swede! I like how you gratuitously slipped Spirit of St. Louis in there for us history geeks.

Five bonus points to idle for catching the groaner at the end.

Freak Out
12-14-2007, 12:05 PM
Kamp should have a huge game....KGB as well....both the Tackles are getting blown away right now. Whoever ends up playing QB better get rid of the ball pretty fast.

swede
12-14-2007, 01:04 PM
Oh, I agree. I think the Packers will begin playing very serious football now knowing they are tooling for a long-anticipated push to the NFC championship game. the quarterbacks for the Rams will be running for their lives.

When healthy, Bulger has played pretty well for the Rams. With so little to play for this season I'd be reluctant to rush him onto the field.

Free advice to the Rams: let the rookie take his lumps and bravely work your way toward the third pick in the draft next year.

Freak Out
12-14-2007, 01:39 PM
Free advice to the Rams: let the rookie take his lumps and bravely work your way toward the third pick in the draft next year.

Sage advice. :)

Carolina_Packer
12-14-2007, 02:07 PM
Check out this box score from last week:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore;_ylt=ApEVTC9FsDBmO.yb6VXdUFAisLYF?gid=200 71209004

OK, granted they were on the road and it was raining and 38 and they had Brock Berlin making his first start, but why couldn't Steven Jackson have made them pay more? I can understand struggling to get the ball to Holt and Bruce, especially in the cold rain with Berlin at QB. Cinci is terrible on defense, and I expected the Rams to give them a bit more than this. One of their TD's came on a pick 6 against Palmer.

Does that mean they won't rise up and give us a game in their own temperature controlled dome? No. But, I think they are still banged up on the O-line, and even though their Def has been coming around a bit, I think the Packers will be able to overmatch them. I like the Packers chances. Swede, good job on the article.

chain_gang
12-15-2007, 09:53 AM
I'm picking the Packers to win, but in a close game. Actually an upset wouldn't be that surprising. Bulger before his injury was playing a lot better, they were starting to find an offense that works, for their beat up Oline. Shorter routes, Shorter dropbacks, and Jackson sprinkled in between. Don't forget that this is a team that should have beaten the Seahawks a couple weeks back in the Dome. If not for a fumbled snap, by good ol' Gus, at the Seahawk's 2 yd line with under 2 minutes to go, we have a first bye already. Now that I think about it %$#@ you Rams, you suck. I hope we bury your team.

I just see a much closer game than what some think. The Rams beat up or not, still have talent, and have the weapons to truly test our secondary.

GO PACK!!!