PDA

View Full Version : Fun with prescription medications

Harlan Huckleby
12-13-2007, 12:50 PM
I had some nasty knee pain this week, so sought medical relief in the form of the Vicodin tablets left-over from my neighbor's root canal.

I would say Vicodin is modestly effective at killing pain, particularly if it is a dull ache rather than a sharp pain. But now onto the recreational opportunities.

On a couple occasions, I exceeded the "1 pill every 6 hours" recomendation, went with "2 pills per Monday Night football game" and on another night, "2 pills every Letterman rerun." Definitely took all the pain away, made me drowsy. But my brain was a bit scrambled, couldn't focus on music, for instance. A little hallucinogenic. I was sweating a bit. Just OK.

Many years ago, I had percocet for post surgery pain. Oh my God! That stuff was amazing. I have to imagine good heroin is something like this. No pain, warm feeling of well being. Then a good sleep.
I can see how people would get addicted to that stuff.

Anybody tried oxycontin?

Badgepack
12-13-2007, 12:55 PM
Yep, but is scares me cause everyone says it is so addicting. I prefer hydrocodones.

Freak Out
12-13-2007, 12:56 PM
I had some nasty knee pain this week, so sought medical relief in the form of the Vicodin tablets left-over from my neighbor's root canal.

I would say Vicodin is modestly effective at killing pain, particularly if it is a dull ache rather than a sharp pain. But now onto the recreational opportunities.

On a couple occasions, I exceeded the "1 pill every 6 hours" recomendation, went with "2 pills per Monday Night football game" and on another night, "2 pills every Letterman rerun." Definitely took all the pain away, made me drowsy. But my brain was a bit scrambled, couldn't focus on music, for instance. A little hallucinogenic. I was sweating a bit. Just OK.

Many years ago, I had percocet for post surgery pain. Oh my God! That stuff was amazing. I have to imagine good heroin is something like this. No pain, warm feeling of well being. Then a good sleep.
I can see how people would get addicted to that stuff.

Anybody tried oxycontin?

No...never any oxycontin. I had the chance to get a prescription for vicodin once but never saw the need for it. The root canal felt better than the pain the damn tooth was giving me!

I have smoked opium a couple of times. Very relaxing.... :)

Zool
12-13-2007, 12:58 PM
Had percoset after a surgery, and it was unsettling to me. I was in pain still and I knew I was in pain but i just didnt care. Odd.

GoPackGo
12-13-2007, 01:15 PM
Do not take oxy's. I have many friends who were/are addicted and F****d up their lives. i know two people who have lost their lives because of this addiction. One committed suicide at the age of 23 and another died in a car accident he caused while falling assleep at the wheel because of oxy.

Jimx29
12-13-2007, 01:42 PM
Both vicoden and percocet make me nauseous after the 2nd or 3rd dosage. I just had my C4/C5 disc removed W/fusion about 5 weeks ago and oxycontin w/fentanyl patch was the only way to get adequate relief.
I know of a few different people that have had withdrawal problems with oxycontin, but I had zero troubles with it and I was taking max dosage(+) for the better part of the first 2-2½ weeks after the surgery.
In the past i've had much more withdrawal problems using tramadol (ultram). Even just 7-10 day scripts gave me troubles.

K-town
12-13-2007, 02:01 PM
Darvocet. Yummy goodness.
Got a perscription after having my wisdom teeth pulled (all four at once, plus 2 "dry sockets").
Went back to work 2 days afterwards, while still on meds. Had a half hour conversation with the cute secretary that I to this day don't recall.
4th day after the surgery, went to see Pink Floyd at County Stadium.
No solid food to speak of in days. Darvocet. Jose Cuervo.
AWESOME.

Freak Out
12-13-2007, 02:32 PM
Darvocet. Yummy goodness.
Got a perscription after having my wisdom teeth pulled (all four at once, plus 2 "dry sockets").
Went back to work 2 days afterwards, while still on meds. Had a half hour conversation with the cute secretary that I to this day don't recall.
4th day after the surgery, went to see Pink Floyd at County Stadium.
No solid food to speak of in days. Darvocet. Jose Cuervo.
AWESOME.

Fuck yes.