PDA

View Full Version : Mitchell Report

footballfever
12-13-2007, 04:00 PM
I've honestly never been a bigger fan of baseball. I just watched commissioner Selig's press conference. Never been much of a fan of the man but wow did he surprise me. You really learn the integrity of a man when he stands in the middle of the fire of such a conspiracy and doesn't blink. I really have high hopes for baseball going forward and will watch at least 20 more games this year just for the way Selig handled himself today. This hasn't been an easy issue and it really turned me off from the sport of baseball but they do have the right man in charge to turn the sport around and make it enjoyable again. I know this is off topic but the Mitchell report is the story of the day and I'm sure everyone has an opinion on what happened today.

Tyrone Bigguns
12-13-2007, 04:29 PM
Selig. LOL

RashanGary
12-13-2007, 04:49 PM
The way I understand it, the comish doesn't have very much power. The players union ruined baseball (or that is how I've interperated it so far).

Bretsky
12-13-2007, 04:49 PM
The way I understand it, the comish doesn't have very much power. The players union ruined baseball (or that is how I've interperated it so far).

:bclap:

packrat
12-13-2007, 05:06 PM
Usually when a Union "ruins" anything, it is because Management didn't have the guts to stand up to them. Can let Selig off the hook for no effective action against Steroids for so many years.

Freak Out
12-13-2007, 05:10 PM
I've honestly never been a bigger fan of baseball. I just watched commissioner Selig's press conference. Never been much of a fan of the man but wow did he surprise me. You really learn the integrity of a man when he stands in the middle of the fire of such a conspiracy and doesn't blink. I really have high hopes for baseball going forward and will watch at least 20 more games this year just for the way Selig handled himself today. This hasn't been an easy issue and it really turned me off from the sport of baseball but they do have the right man in charge to turn the sport around and make it enjoyable again. I know this is off topic but the Mitchell report is the story of the day and I'm sure everyone has an opinion on what happened today.

Are you serious?

footballfever
12-13-2007, 05:23 PM

Thats a very good point, Donald Fehr is an idiot. The advice the players got from the union on how to approach the situation only made them look that much more shady. They were all told not to cooperate with the investigation and to take the advice of their legal counsel. Of course a lawyer is going to tell you not to say anything. So when the investigation turned up evidence that suggested involvement with supplements, they then ask that persons camp for permission to talk to them and none of them would. It'll be interesting to see what kind of agreement the MLBPA and the commisioner can come up with as far as stricter and swifter punishments and more rigorous testing procedures.

footballfever
12-13-2007, 05:31 PM

Are you serious?

He was very sure of himself and very articulate. He was obviously well educated on the situation and you could tell it meant a lot to him. I don't know how much more you can ask of a man. He had the balls to go forward with an investigation without the approval of the union and now hes going to take the action necessary to clean up what he can and move forward. I applaud him for the effort, it would be just as easy to resign and leave the mess for someone else. Just ask Bobby Petrino how easy it is to walk into a situation, have it fall apart around you and then walk away.

Freak Out
12-13-2007, 06:50 PM

Are you serious?

He was very sure of himself and very articulate. He was obviously well educated on the situation and you could tell it meant a lot to him. I don't know how much more you can ask of a man. He had the balls to go forward with an investigation without the approval of the union and now hes going to take the action necessary to clean up what he can and move forward. I applaud him for the effort, it would be just as easy to resign and leave the mess for someone else. Just ask Bobby Petrino how easy it is to walk into a situation, have it fall apart around you and then walk away.

It can be hard to tell on these boards...it could very well have been sarcasm.
I'm glad you feel that way but I think Selig is just as much to blame as the Players Union. This shit has gone on far to long...on Seligs watch and everyones known about it. One of the greatest records in sports is forever tarnished because of steroids allegations. Its an embarrassment and puts a bad light on a sport we all love.

Tyrone Bigguns
12-13-2007, 09:16 PM

Are you serious?

As I reread it...hook, line and sinker.