PDA

View Full Version : A White Christmas!!

hurleyfan
12-13-2007, 06:54 PM
Well Packer Rats, here in New York, we're getting our first real taste of winter!

The snow came fast and furious this afternoon, and as of 7:30, I measure 12.5 inches of snow on my deck! And to top this off, there's predictions of a Nor' Easter for Saturday / Sunday, with some computer models showing upwards of 2 feet!

I love the North East!

The other day it was almost 50 degrees!!

woodbuck27
12-13-2007, 07:02 PM
Well Packer Rats, here in New York, we're getting our first real taste of winter!

The snow came fast and furious this afternoon, and as of 7:30, I measure 12.5 inches of snow on my deck! And to top this off, there's predictions of a Nor' Easter for Saturday / Sunday, with some computer models showing upwards of 2 feet!

I love the North East!

The other day it was almost 50 degrees!!

We have lots of it up here in the Montreal area.

Skiing is great.

ny10804
12-13-2007, 07:13 PM
Where in New York? Here in Westchester (suburb of NYC) we only got about 4 inches.

hurleyfan
12-13-2007, 07:13 PM
Woody, is there a Mt. Tremblanc (sp) near Montreal??

Went on a ski trip many years ago there and it was a very nice place!

Here in my neck of the woods, the ski areas are just getting going, been pretty warm and rainy..

Have to go to Vermont or New Hampshire to get some good conditions... Unless we get this big blast over the weekend!

BF4MVP
12-13-2007, 07:18 PM
Christmas just isn't the same without snow. I'm glad it's looking like it'll be a white Christmas this year in Green Bay. :D

hurleyfan
12-13-2007, 07:21 PM
Where in New York? Here in Westchester (suburb of NYC) we only got about 4 inches.

I'm about 100 miles north of the big apple

packinpatland
12-13-2007, 07:23 PM

I'm about 100 miles south of the big apple...............and we are getting nothing but sleet and rain!!!!!
Bah Humbug!!!!!!!!

hurleyfan
12-13-2007, 07:26 PM

I'm about 100 miles south of the big apple...............and we are getting nothing but sleet and rain!!!!!
Bah Humbug!!!!!!!!

Man I hate that sleet freezing rain shit!

BallHawk
12-13-2007, 07:36 PM
Bah Humbug!!!!!!!!

Man I hate that sleet freezing rain shit!

There is nothing I'd like more than some of that right about now.

Here, in Naples, we have to weeks to go 2 weeks 'til Christmas, and we've hit 85 degrees.

Now, I'm sure that sounds great to you New Englanders, New Yorkers, Canucks, Wisconsinites, Fibs, etc. But when you haven't had bellow 50 degree weather since February it really gets to you.

So please, God, give us some of that sleet freezing rain shit.

:D

hurleyfan
12-13-2007, 07:38 PM
So please, God, give us some of that sleet freezing rain shit...

Wouldn't that cause some very big problems for you Floridians :lol:

BallHawk
12-13-2007, 07:40 PM

One one hand, the citrus farmers would get pretty screwed.

On the other hand, all the goddamn snowbirds would hole up in their multi-million dollar condos and the roads would be clear from their reign of terror.

The positives outweigh the negatives. :D

hurleyfan
12-13-2007, 07:42 PM

One one hand, the citrus farmers would get pretty screwed.

On the other hand, all the goddamn snowbirds would hole up in their multi-million dollar condos and the roads would be clear from their reign of terror.

The positives outweigh the negatives. :D

Damn them snowbirds!!

BallHawk
12-13-2007, 07:46 PM
Damn them snowbirds!!

And the worst of them come from the one and only Empire State.

:wink:

hurleyfan
12-13-2007, 07:48 PM
Damn them snowbirds!!

And the worst of them come from the one and only Empire State.

:wink:

You're probably right!!