PDA

View Full Version : Culpepper Back By Training Camp?

HarveyWallbangers
05-16-2006, 10:59 PM
From Fox Sports:

New quarterback Daunte Culpepper appears to be ahead on his rehabilitation and could be ready for the start of training camp. Maybe he won't be ready to get hit, but Culpepper should be ready to participate in most drills. He looks super. That's the word.

MJZiggy
05-17-2006, 07:05 AM
Don't they always say players are ahead of schedule? I think they need to take a look at how they schedule these things.

billy_oliver880
05-17-2006, 09:25 AM
I think that trading culpepper is really going to come back and bite Minn in the behind.

Rastak
05-17-2006, 10:52 AM
I think that trading culpepper is really going to come back and bite Minn in the behind.rrington.

Man, isn't this the same place that used to bash him, now he's suddenly the bomb? LOL.....anyway it could, we'll see.

Anyway, Saban is keeping it pretty quiet. I highly doubt he's ready or they wouldn't have traded for Harrington. That my personal opinion. Work was he's doing very well in his rehab....Unlike a guy like Tex, I actually wish a player well after he leaves the team.

billy_oliver880
05-17-2006, 10:58 AM
I think that trading culpepper is really going to come back and bite Minn in the behind.rrington.

Man, isn't this the same place that used to bash him, now he's suddenly the bomb? LOL.....anyway it could, we'll see.

Anyway, Saban is keeping it pretty quiet. I highly doubt he's ready or they wouldn't have traded for Harrington. That my personal opinion. Work was he's doing very well in his rehab....Unlike a guy like Tex, I actually wish a player well after he leaves the team.

I dunno if I ever hoped he would do poorly. But I do forget things from time to time. I think if he recovers and gets some good time in with the offence he could bring some fire power to that offence. Perhaps we all look through green & gold colored glasses when we look at him. No matter how well he played against the pack he still stunk in our minds. :smile:

HarveyWallbangers
05-17-2006, 11:06 AM

I didn't. Didn't bash Burleson either.

I think you are the one who praised those guys before they left.
:D

I don't think a huge majority of folks on this forum (maybe JSO) were huge Culpepper bashers.

Little Whiskey
05-17-2006, 11:32 AM
From Fox Sports:

New quarterback Daunte Culpepper appears to be ahead on his rehabilitation and could be ready for the start of training camp. Maybe .

good news for the Dragons!!

Rastak
05-17-2006, 11:33 AM

I didn't. Didn't bash Burleson either.

I think you are the one who praised those guys before they left.
:D

I don't think a huge majority of folks on this forum (maybe JSO) were huge Culpepper bashers.

Yup, you were definately the exception Harvey. If I recall you liked Culpepper and Burleson but said no way he was a #1 reciever after Moss left.

I think that's what your position was if I recall. I liked Culpepper alot, just wished he wasn't so streaky and I still like Moss. I also like Burleson alot. Great guy and a very good route runner. I think he'll do very well in Seattle.

As for Pep, I have my doubts like many people how he'll come back but I don't wish him ill.

mngolf19
05-17-2006, 12:36 PM
Burleson is good, and he will be missed. Would love to have him still. Culpepper on the other hand, was able to single handedly lose games some times. Yes he also had great games, but was never good enough to single handedly win a game. He had become a character issue, had a possibly career ruining(not ending) injury, and was not ideal for a WCO. All together means that you move ahead without him and get what you can. And they did. I have no problem with that.

And I guarantee, he will not be "ready" for the 1st game. Not with that injury. He'll likely come in after Harrington has taken the Phins to 2-4. And Rastak is right, they wouldn't trade for Harrington if they thought he might be ready early.

HarveyWallbangers
05-17-2006, 01:02 PM
Yup, you were definately the exception Harvey. If I recall you liked Culpepper and Burleson but said no way he was a #1 reciever after Moss left.

I think that's what your position was if I recall.

That's exactly what I think. I liked Javon Walker too. Not much you can do sometimes. I saw Pepper as a team guy, so I'm really surprised they've made him out to be a "me" guy. Burleson will do well as a #2 in Seattle with DJack there.

Rastak
05-17-2006, 01:13 PM

I think that's what your position was if I recall.

That's exactly what I think. I liked Javon Walker too. Not much you can do sometimes. I saw Pepper as a team guy, so I'm really surprised they've made him out to be a "me" guy. Burleson will do well as a #2 in Seattle with DJack there.

That's the odd thing, he always seemed to be a team guy. Last year he very quietly asked for more money, like Driver did. Wilf gave him something like 2 mil. The he comes out and completely sucks then rips his knee up about as bad as you can. Then leaves town, refuses to meet with the new coach, won't rehad with the team and demands even more money. I don't think the Vikings made him out to be a "me" guy, he did that himself through his words and actions. All in all it was very strange.