PDA

View Full Version : The Cowboys Will Go Down This Weekend

Partial
12-14-2007, 01:01 AM
You heard it here first. Andy Reid will have the troops ready to go this weekend.

Eagles 30, Cowboys 27

Fred's Slacks
12-14-2007, 06:39 AM
You heard it here first. Andy Reid will have the troops ready to go this weekend.

Eagles 30, Cowboys 27

Now all we need is for the Lions to not crap themselves last week and we have home field advantage!!! :x

b bulldog
12-14-2007, 06:59 AM
We need them to go down twice

MadtownPacker
12-14-2007, 08:12 AM
Now all we need is for the Lions to not crap themselves last week and we have home field advantage!!! :xThe lion's chokejob was the Pack's only shot at homefield. The cowbitches wont lose 2 out of the last 3 games.

BTW - Partial - Your homie mcnugget sucks!

Just wanted to make sure knew that.

Zool
12-14-2007, 10:04 AM
Partial loves him some NFC East.

Partial
12-14-2007, 04:33 PM
Partial loves him some NFC East.

:D

I think McNabb plays a good game this week. They'll spread them out and go over the middle a lot just like they did against New England.

b bulldog
12-14-2007, 04:39 PM
The Cowboys will win by double digits this weekend

PlantPage55
12-14-2007, 05:11 PM

Noted.

And ANYTHING can happen in the NFL. What if the Cowboys are showing chinks in their armor? What if they just do happen to implode over these last weeks?

That's what makes the drama of the NFL so great. Four weeks ago NOBODY believed the Vikings had a shot. Now we're all pissing our collective pants about them.

4and12to12and4
12-14-2007, 05:13 PM
Don't care. I'm happy with second seed. It has it's advantages. I've stated them elsewhere in other threads. No 1 seed, too much pressure, and Lambeau may not be home field advantage in January with our speedy defense. Many more reasons I'm happy with second seed, let's just say, I hope Dallas wins the rest of their games, and then loses their first playoff game to the Giants. Also, go Arizona. Get Minny out of there. Them getting in has disaster written all over it. We don't need Rastak strutting his stuff in here!! :wink:

woodbuck27
12-14-2007, 05:27 PM
Don't care. I'm happy with second seed. It has it's advantages. I've stated them elsewhere in other threads. No 1 seed, too much pressure, and Lambeau may not be home field advantage in January with our speedy defense. Many more reasons I'm happy with second seed, let's just say, I hope Dallas wins the rest of their games, and then loses their first playoff game to the Giants. Also, go Arizona. Get Minny out of there. Them getting in has disaster written all over it. We don't need Rastak strutting his stuff in here!! :wink:

Dallas has handled the Giants 2X already.

Is it like 2004 and the¨Packers two wins over Minnesota in the regular season that set up that ugly loss in the playoffs to the Vikings?

OK then. :)

Merlin
12-14-2007, 09:40 PM
Philly isn't consistent enough to make that prediction. The Redskins though may be fighting for a spot in the playoffs. The last few weeks will be very interesting. The Packers need to win out to have any shot at home field advantage. IF the Cowboys lose to Philly, they will need to win out to maintain it. If home field is on the line and teams are vying for a playoff spot week 17, I don't expect these NFC teams to sit their starters.

I "hope" Philly beats the Cowboys. I "hope" the Redskins have something left to play for when they play the Cowboys. I "hope" we win out. But odds are, our starters are out of the Detroit game at half time.

Maxie the Taxi
12-15-2007, 12:19 PM
I don't care if the Cowgirls win or lose. Either way I'll hate them the same!!

Partial
12-15-2007, 01:47 PM
They'll have a little extra hop in there step to square off with TO.

4and12to12and4
12-15-2007, 09:12 PM
Forget home field, we'd have to win out and Dallas would have to lose TWICE. Let them have the pressure of top dog, and they'll have to beat us twice at the same place. Let's just stay healthy, we can't afford anymore Jolly's. If we can keep the guys we've got healthy, we don't need that second game at home. Let's pour our concentration on the other North teams NOT getting in, or the Skins. No other team scares me. I'd rather play Dallas WITH Woodson than the Skins. I want the Giants and the Cardinals to get the wildcards. That's what I want for Christmas (oh, and a Superbowl win :oops: ).

Partial
12-15-2007, 09:15 PM
The Redskins don't scare me at all. We played a poor game, and that defense is missing a good player in ST rest his soul.

4and12to12and4
12-15-2007, 09:29 PM
The Redskins don't scare me at all. We played a poor game, and that defense is missing a good player in ST rest his soul.

Well, ok, I'd rather play them than Dallas, but wouldn't Dallas have to lose two and we win out to get home field? Forget about it. However, I love you're bold prediction, and even though I've said otherwise, I will always HATE the Cowboys and always want them to lose, and maybe losing to the Eagles will rattle their confidence a bit. The Eagles have a very good team, and I believe this game will come down to the final minutes if McNabb stays in it. You may be on to something here, I thought Philly would beat the Pats, and probably would've if McNabb played. At the beginning of the year, I thought they and the Cowboys were going to be the only REAL good NFC teams. They made great improvements in their already good defense, and when we barely beat them, maybe we took their MoJo from them, and have never looked back, and they've struggled since.

Partial
12-16-2007, 05:06 PM
Zool gives me crap about my NFC east feelings for the 2nd year in a row, but as you can see they are 4 teams deep and very good.

For whatever reason typing that made me feel like Bulldog.

FritzDontBlitz
12-16-2007, 05:26 PM
I am watching the Cowboys/Eagles game. Andre Gurode just went down, and they are attending to Romo's thumb. Bad time to be visited by the injury bug.

Eagles lead 7-6.

FritzDontBlitz
12-16-2007, 05:58 PM
Wow, this thread is becoming a prophecy in more ways than one.

Not only are the Cowboys losing - its only a 4 point deficit with 10:00 left, though - but players are getting injured all over the place.

Whoa. If I was Andy Reid I'd ask for a review of that punt. I don't think he touched the ball, but it really wasn't roughing the kicker anyway. Running into the kicker nets them 5 yards but they needed 7....

cpk1994
12-16-2007, 06:04 PM
The Cowboys insistence on throwing to Owens is starting to kill them.

DannoMac21
12-16-2007, 06:14 PM
INT WITH 2:50 LEFT!!!

cpk1994
12-16-2007, 06:15 PM
INT!!!!!!! Philly ball with 2:50 to go. Forcing the ball to Owens finally comes back to bite Romo in the ass.

cpk1994
12-16-2007, 06:16 PM
Andy, what kind of a call was that?

cpk1994
12-16-2007, 06:17 PM
You redeemed yourself Andy. You da man.

gbgary
12-16-2007, 06:18 PM
that was a great throw by mcnabb!!

gbgary
12-16-2007, 06:19 PM
why would he do that? that's insane!!

cpk1994
12-16-2007, 06:20 PM
IF you are referring to Westbrook, Its so they can run out the clock without giving the ball back to Dallas.

SkinBasket
12-16-2007, 06:20 PM

What a fucker. He's my FF back. Never seen a guy overthink a situation so much.

DannoMac21
12-16-2007, 06:21 PM
This is great. Maybe if we're lucky, this sparks a fuse under T.O.'s ass and he starts to complain and they all burn down...just maybe? :lol:

cpk1994
12-16-2007, 06:22 PM
Well, the excuses from ESPN are going to start to pile up about why the Cowboyts lost. Class of the NFC, my ass.

Partial
12-16-2007, 06:23 PM

?

A guaranteed win versus personal stat inflation and a possible come back for the Cowboys? I think its refreshing.

SkinBasket
12-16-2007, 06:23 PM
Don't get me wrong. It was an amazingly unselfish thing to do - especially with a player like Owens on the other sideline, but it's also a limp dick move that smells a bit like Lindy Infante.

gbgary
12-16-2007, 06:24 PM
i get the run out the clock thing but shit happens. they could have fumbled one of those snaps. make it a two score game. it all worked out though. let's hope they can drop another and we win out.

b bulldog
12-16-2007, 06:26 PM
Westbrook :lol:

BF4MVP
12-16-2007, 06:28 PM
I had a gut feeling that there was a decent chance for an upset in this game..But props to Partial for having the guts to put it in writing. A little off on the score though. Who would have thought that the Cowboys wouldn't even get into the end zone? :lol:

gbgary
12-16-2007, 06:28 PM

?

A guaranteed win versus personal stat inflation and a possible come back for the Cowboys? I think its refreshing.

that's a division rivalry game. you gotta put that in the end zone. would you think that if we did that against the bears or minn? :)

Partial
12-16-2007, 06:30 PM
Yes, because I'd rather have a guaranteed victory than giving the other team a shot with the ball.

Let's hope Carolina and Washington are ready to play. Both games are on the road for Dallas, so it'll actually be a fairly tough two weeks. Carolina is one of those teams that can surprise you, so here is hoping.

GB has to take care of business in their own right, though. The 'boys loss means the Packers starters will be in their longer to ensure a victory.

BF4MVP
12-16-2007, 06:31 PM
Do you fall down at the 1 yard line, and run out the clock with absolutely NO CHANCE of a Dallas comeback, or do you give them the ball back down two scores with a couple minutes left and anything can happen? (Onside kick?)

It was an unorthodox move..But it was the right move, no question.

Carolina_Packer
12-16-2007, 06:32 PM
Congrats to Partial for calling it. We're a Jason Hanson FG away from holding home field throughout! Arrgghhh!

BF4MVP
12-16-2007, 06:32 PM
Carolina is one of those teams that can surprise you, so here is hoping.

Just ask Seattle :lol:

Partial
12-16-2007, 06:34 PM
Do you fall down at the 1 yard line, and run out the clock with absolutely NO CHANCE of a Dallas comeback, or do you give them the ball back down two scores with a couple minutes left and anything can happen? (Onside kick?)

Agreed. Especially after last week. Don't give Romo another shot.

He looks hurt pretty bad. He was getting drilled all day. Why can't we have a 4 man rush like the Eagles? Why can't we run blitzes like the Eagles? We'd be a much better team imo

SkinBasket
12-16-2007, 06:34 PM

If you like watching grown men playing keep away instead of football for the last two minutes of an otherwise entertaining game.

Kiwon
12-16-2007, 06:38 PM
The first step.....a Dallas loss.

The next step.....another Dallas stumble and the Packers win out and the
NFC Championship game will be at Lambeau.

:cow:

GBRulz
12-16-2007, 06:40 PM
Good call, Partial

SkinBasket
12-16-2007, 06:41 PM

We should probably worry about the next two week's game before anything else. The Bears will still play hard and even Detroit might be able to stir up something resembling life against the Pack heading into a bye week.

Lurker64
12-16-2007, 06:47 PM
Dallas plays at Carolina on Saturday night, I wonder how much of an advantage is that for the Panthers, Dallas only having 6 days between games and having to travel.

mmmdk
12-16-2007, 06:47 PM
I had a gut feeling that there was a decent chance for an upset in this game..But props to Partial for having the guts to put it in writing. A little off on the score though. Who would have thought that the Cowboys wouldn't even get into the end zone? :lol:

...I wrote the Philly upset of Dallas on a napkin...really...come see it :)

b bulldog
12-16-2007, 06:49 PM
The Gurode injury could be big for the Boys. C is a very importatnt position and let's not even get started about how big the thumb injury could be for Romo.

gbgary
12-16-2007, 06:50 PM
you can throw out the records when it comes to division rival games. the 'boys still have one left with washington. we still have two so they better be focused.

MadtownPacker
12-16-2007, 06:50 PM

We should probably worry about the next two week's game before anything else. The Bears will still play hard and even Detroit might be able to stir up something resembling life against the Pack heading into a bye week.Thats exactly why this is a good thing you dumb ass. Now they have something to play for. Im really liking the odds of dallas dropping one of the last two games. The redskins game and detroit game will be on at the same time. If GB and dallas win next week then the last game is for the home field pie in the playoffs.

Good call Partial. You're on a roll this week.

gbgary
12-16-2007, 06:51 PM
how did romo hurt his thumb?

SkinBasket
12-16-2007, 07:04 PM

Madtown sat on it.

hurleyfan
12-16-2007, 07:06 PM

Don't know, didn't see the game.. Turned on Sports Center and saw the score !!

Partial
12-16-2007, 07:13 PM

He was hit every time he dropped back it seemed.

mmmdk
12-16-2007, 07:13 PM

...he tried to jam it up the bu...nevermind :D

hurleyfan
12-16-2007, 07:16 PM

...he tried to jam it up the bu...nevermind :D

A little Simpson "butt"......

Never mind!

FritzDontBlitz
12-16-2007, 07:27 PM
Jammed it in the turf after getting knocked down I believe.

Irony of sorts here. Everyone wants to say Romo reminds them of Favre: let him try to play QB with a thumb injury and lets see how easy it is....

Fosco33
12-16-2007, 07:40 PM
Regardless if Dallas wins out and we have to play them for a chance to represent the NFC in the SuperBowl.... all we need to do is get Jessica Simpson to show up again.... Apparently Romo gets a little nervous playing in front of girls :P

His quarterback rating of 22.2 was easily the worst of his career. His previous worst was at home against Philadelphia last December, another game attended by a starlet love interest. It was Carrie Underwood then, Jessica Simpson now. When cameras spotted Simpson in the first half, she tugged the front of her pink No. 9 jersey, then mouthed the word ''Romo!''

Charles Woodson
12-16-2007, 08:16 PM
Double digits, really?

oregonpackfan
12-16-2007, 08:34 PM

Madtown sat on it.

Man, that is a heck of a lot of weight to be put on a thumb! :)

RashanGary
12-16-2007, 08:39 PM
The Gurode injury could be big for the Boys. C is a very importatnt position and let's not even get started about how big the thumb injury could be for Romo.

bulldog, you just got done saying injuries don't matter all week leading up to the Cowboy game. How can this be an issue when it's supposed to be a non issue??

RashanGary
12-16-2007, 08:44 PM
Good call, BTW Partial. Now they have Carolina and Washington. Carolina isn't a very impressive team, but I think Washington can beat just about any team on any given Sunday. That is going to be a battle for them leading into the playoffs.

The injuries are a very nice suprise. I don't want to see anyones career end, but it would be nice if they were missing guys the next time we meet and we are 100% healthy. It would be even better if we are at home with the easier 1st round matchup too. That way they have all of the surrounding things working against them the same way they all worked against us in the last game.

RashanGary
12-16-2007, 08:50 PM
If Washington beats the Giants tonight and then Chicago beats the Vikes, the Redskins will have a wide open shot at the playoffs.

If they are playing for their playoff lives, I love that week 17 matchup against the Cowboys. Even if Dallas gets out of there with a W, it's going to be a hard fought win against a physical team. Those are the kind of games you don't want leading into the playoffs.

Partial
12-16-2007, 09:10 PM
Good call, BTW Partial. Now they have Carolina and Washington. Carolina isn't a very impressive team, but I think Washington can beat just about any team on any given Sunday. That is going to be a battle for them leading into the playoffs.

The injuries are a very nice suprise. I don't want to see anyones career end, but it would be nice if they were missing guys the next time we meet and we are 100% healthy. It would be even better if we are at home with the easier 1st round matchup too. That way they have all of the surrounding things working against them the same way they all worked against us in the last game.

Don't get into the injury crap and give us bad karma. Personally, I think Carolina w/ a back-up QB has a better shot than Washington. The Skins simply cannot move the ball through the air. They'd be best off just throwing to Cooley play after play and letting him make something happen.

Carolina has the talent to win the games it just depends who shows up. Their rookie QB won't be able to beat them deep, so I would hope they can run the ball well and let SS use his speed for some big plays.

b bulldog
12-16-2007, 09:13 PM
Injuries are big but I'd never blame a loss on an injury unless it is a guy like your QB. Our Dline has much more problems than injuries.

b bulldog
12-16-2007, 09:17 PM
Now if I was to say that the only rerason why the Cowboys lost today was because Romo's thumb was effecting his passes and Whitten got a mild concussion and they lost their starting C, that would be comparable but the better team won today like when Dallas played GB. Our Dline doesn't get any pressure at all at the moment and the eagles could pressure them, sometimes with only rushuing four. We won't be able to do that.

b bulldog
12-16-2007, 09:20 PM
Excuses are for :cry:

RashanGary
12-16-2007, 09:21 PM
I thought the Cowboys were the better team, but the Eagles played a better game.

The Packers are an equal team to the Cowboys when healthy (IMO). I think the Pack have a shot no matter what. I think they are favorites if the Cowboys drop one more and they have to come here.

Ultimately, I think the healthier team will probably win. I hope that is us this time.

b bulldog
12-16-2007, 09:26 PM
Our Dline is overrated. Philly can do things on D we can't. i think Dallas is better than us because we can't get pressure without blitzing and Harris' age is beginning to show. We couldn't get pressure today against a bunch of stiffs. McCarren stated today before the game that in every BATTLE in the trenches today, our Dline should win. I think our D as a whole is overrated and in order for us to beat a good team, we will need to outscore them and than means Brett will need to play perfect.

Badgerinmaine
12-16-2007, 09:26 PM
Boy, is Washington taking it to the Giants tonight...How the G-Men have gotten to 9 wins is a baffler to me.

Lurker64
12-16-2007, 09:32 PM
Boy, is Washington taking it to the Giants tonight...How the G-Men have gotten to 9 wins is a baffler to me.

They played the Jets, the Falcons, the Niners, and the Dolphins. That was the tail end of the 6 game winning streak (first two wins were divisional wins over Washington and Philly) that had all the media outlets saying the Giants were the second best NFC team behind the Cowboys. They also played the Lions after they started to stink (nearly lost that game too) and the Bears (who are not spectacular this year.) Beat the Eagles in a divisional game once more and they have 9 wins.

So yes they have 9 wins, but they beat probably the four worst teams in the league, then won three close games against divisional rivals, and beat the ailing Bears and Lions.

PlantPage55
12-16-2007, 09:36 PM
That was the tail end of the 6 game winning streak (first two wins were divisional wins over Washington and Philly) that had all the media outlets saying the Giants were the second best NFC team behind the Cowboys.

And dollars-to-donuts hardly ANY analysts mention that they ever said this and were sorely mistaken about it.

10 bucks says Trey Wingo still acts like his smarmy, smug-self and talks as if he knew the Giants were wearing the Emperor's new clothes the whole time.

I hate Trey Wingo.

Lurker64
12-16-2007, 09:45 PM
I think right now if the Redskins win out, the Giants lose out, and the Vikings lose to the Redskins win the other two games so all three finish 9-7. The Giants would lose a tiebreaker to the Vikings based on head to head, and the Giants would lose a tiebreaker to the Redskins based on winning percentage in common games (they have 12 common games, both teams would have nine wins, three of the nine wins for the Giants are in games they don't share, but only two of Washington's nine wins would be in games they don't share.)

So I think in this scenario the Giants miss the playoffs. I'm not entirely sure how you resolve 3-way ties for 2 division spots, but my guess is it would be:

1) MN, WAS, and NYG end up in a 3-way tie for the #5 seed. 3-way ties are first resolved in the division, where WAS beats NYG based on tiebreaker #3 "Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.".

2) WAS and MN end up tied for #5 and WAS wins based on head to head.

3) NYG and MN end up tied for the #6 spot, and MN beats NYG based on head to head.

4) Redskins are #5 seed and Vikes are #6 seed. Giants go home.

This is in fact, plausible. Since the Redskins have Minnesota and Dallas remaining, while the Giants have Buffalo and the Patriots left. Minnesota would need to beat Chicago and Denver but lose to Washington for this to happen.

This would be kind of hilarious to see happen.

4and12to12and4
12-16-2007, 10:08 PM
I've been bashing Eli since 2005. He will never be a star in this league. He made his millions on his brothers name (not to mention a damn good collegiate career), but his decision making skills are not good, and he doesn't have that clock in his head when to get rid of the ball, and don't even get me started about his lack of accuracy. Sure, we could blame his receiving core, but you give Manning, Brady, or Favre Toomer and Plexico, and they'd both be getting probowl numbers. He sucks, they have a good defense and good running game, he sucks.

4and12to12and4
12-16-2007, 10:08 PM
My God, he even has Shockey!!!!! HE SUCKS!!!!

FritzDontBlitz
12-16-2007, 10:22 PM
I've been bashing Eli since 2005. He will never be a star in this league. He made his millions on his brothers name (not to mention a damn good collegiate career), but his decision making skills are not good, and he doesn't have that clock in his head when to get rid of the ball, and don't even get me started about his lack of accuracy. Sure, we could blame his receiving core, but you give Manning, Brady, or Favre Toomer and Plexico, and they'd both be getting probowl numbers. He sucks, they have a good defense and good running game, he sucks.

I think Eli needs a better head coach. How does Tom Coughlin keep getting hired anyway?

Tyrone Bigguns
12-16-2007, 10:35 PM

I think Eli needs a better head coach. How does Tom Coughlin keep getting hired anyway?

I don't know. Prolly somethng to do with his consistent WINNING at all levels.

Let's see, 3 years he turned BC into consistent winners including beating #1 Notre dame.

Jacksonville: Most succesful expansion team in history. Twice got them to Championship game.

NYC: 2nd year had them in playoffs with a 2nd year QB. Slid last year. Back in the playoffs again this year.

You can argue about many things, but Coughlin's success isn't one of them.

gbgary
12-16-2007, 10:37 PM
Our Dline is overrated. Philly can do things on D we can't. i think Dallas is better than us because we can't get pressure without blitzing and Harris' age is beginning to show. We couldn't get pressure today against a bunch of stiffs. McCarren stated today before the game that in every BATTLE in the trenches today, our Dline should win. I think our D as a whole is overrated and in order for us to beat a good team, we will need to outscore them and than means Brett will need to play perfect.

dallas is the team that has to out-score the other team because of their defense, not the Pack. dallas has allowed 46 more points than the Pack (ranked 15th for points allowed to the Pack ranked 6th). both teams allow 3.89 yrds per carry and just less than 7 yrds per pass completion. sacks are nearly the same with the 'boys getting the edge but a third of their sacks are from blitzing line backers. THEY are the team that has to blitz. the Packers' defense isn't over-rated. it's rated exactly what it should be. the difference is the offense. the Pack is rated 4th in points scored and the 'boys 2nd. you are right about Brett having to be perfect, or at least close to it, but McCarthy has to put the offense in a position for Brett to do it.

FritzDontBlitz
12-17-2007, 12:45 AM

I don't know. Prolly somethng to do with his consistent WINNING at all levels.

Let's see, 3 years he turned BC into consistent winners including beating #1 Notre dame.

Jacksonville: Most succesful expansion team in history. Twice got them to Championship game.

NYC: 2nd year had them in playoffs with a 2nd year QB. Slid last year. Back in the playoffs again this year.

You can argue about many things, but Coughlin's success isn't one of them.

I only remember him from the Jags, I remember his early success but they kinda fell off at the end of his tenure. There was a lot of dissension in the NYG team last year that contributed to their downward slide. They were on a bit of a roll after starting out 0-2 this year, but in the last few weeks they seem to be faltering again. They looked pretty bad tonight vs. Washington, so what looked like a sure wildcard seed has become a question mark. But, thanks for the info on BC I was not aware of that.

I stand corrected on Coughlin's success as head coach, but I am just not sure he's the right guy to mold Eli into a top flight quarterback. Do the Giants have a QB coach?

b bulldog
12-17-2007, 07:30 AM
I'd take the Cowboys D over the Packers D any day of the week. They can apply pressure and they have Ware, who is a total stud. Our D is ranked higher than they should be and when they play the better O's in the playoffs, they will once again struggle.

The Leaper
12-17-2007, 08:07 AM
Carolina isn't a very impressive team

They just handed it to Seattle...who is probably the 3rd best team in the NFC.

but I think Washington can beat just about any team on any given Sunday. That is going to be a battle for them leading into the playoffs.

Washington has a chance...especially if the game means something to them in terms of the playoffs. If anything, the Redskins are just as physical as the Eagles...and could knock the Cowboys around even more.

pbmax
12-17-2007, 10:16 AM
Gary, I would be more convinced by this statistical argument if Dallas hadn't already put up 35 against us. That is a more telling indicator than the scores of other incompetent teams in the NFL that the Boys and Pack have played.

Injuries certainly have played a role, but the Pack D isn't going to magically get uninjured. Woodson and KGB will have lingering effects from the injuries for the rest of the season. Will they get better by Jan 20th? Possibly, but if we play all out in the last two games as we vie for HATOP (Homefield Advantage ThroughOut the Playoffs) that chance decreases.

Jolly and Cole are not coming back from IR.

The D Line pash rush struggling is a more accurate picture of where this team's D is than the points they surrendered to the Giants in week 2.

On the plus side, Harrell shows signs of life, Bigby has recovered, Rouse has legit ability and experience and Blackmon is healthy. Special Teams (especially the returners) look like they are truly a weapon.

dallas is the team that has to out-score the other team because of their defense, not the Pack. dallas has allowed 46 more points than the Pack (ranked 15th for points allowed to the Pack ranked 6th). both teams allow 3.89 yrds per carry and just less than 7 yrds per pass completion. sacks are nearly the same with the 'boys getting the edge but a third of their sacks are from blitzing line backers. THEY are the team that has to blitz. the Packers' defense isn't over-rated. it's rated exactly what it should be. the difference is the offense. the Pack is rated 4th in points scored and the 'boys 2nd. you are right about Brett having to be perfect, or at least close to it, but McCarthy has to put the offense in a position for Brett to do it.

pbmax
12-17-2007, 10:20 AM
Add my congratulations to Partial for his call of the game and this thread.

I think Andy Reid and Jim Johnson might still be able to coach. McNabb looks like he is getting healthier. And the Cowboys suddenly seem less imposing at home after the home loss and Gurode out.

pbmax
12-17-2007, 10:28 AM
Football Outsiders have the Packers D ranked 15th and the Cowboys D ranked 8th.

Their model compared every snap to the NFL average on similar plays. They then weight it based on your opponents quality. This step eliminates the problem of uneven schedules, where all teams don't play the same opponents and as a result the quality of offenses and defenses you have faced can vary widely.

I think the defense, which was supposed to be strength of this team this year, might be the worst of the three units. Although they are playing better than last year. Packers Offense is ranked 4th and the Special Teams are ranked 10th.

Scott Campbell
12-17-2007, 10:52 AM

Eagles 30, Cowboys 27

Shows what you know. They didn't score nearly that many points.

:lol:

Nice job P.

Jerry Tagge
12-17-2007, 11:03 AM

Eagles 30, Cowboys 27
Eagles 10, Cowboys 6.

Way to go Partial! You may have been off on total points, but you were darn close on the spread and, more importantly, right on the winner!!!

Jerry Tagge
12-17-2007, 11:05 AM
I thought you were watching your boyfriend Tuck Rule Brady today. I'm going to tell him you cheated on him.

Partial
12-17-2007, 01:34 PM
On the plus side, Harrell shows signs of life, Bigby has recovered, Rouse has legit ability and experience and Blackmon is healthy. Special Teams (especially the returners) look like they are truly a weapon.

Lets hope so because I was very impressed with Dallas' coverage in the game against us, and was very unimpressed with OUR kicking/punting coverage against Dallas. Hopefully we'll get that fixed and win that battle if we face them again.

MJZiggy
12-17-2007, 01:42 PM

Lets hope so because I was very impressed with Dallas' coverage in the game against us, and was very unimpressed with OUR kicking/punting coverage against Dallas. Hopefully we'll get that fixed and win that battle if we face them again.

Mike??

Partial
12-17-2007, 01:59 PM
No, Dan.

MJZiggy
12-17-2007, 03:09 PM
You sure? You sound just like Mike.

swede
12-17-2007, 04:26 PM
He'll get that fixed.

b bulldog
12-17-2007, 04:28 PM
That 15th rating for our D is perfect imo.

esoxx
12-17-2007, 11:12 PM

:lol: