PDA

View Full Version : Free Nick Barnett!!!

MadtownPacker
12-14-2007, 08:27 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=695949

According to a report included in the criminal complaint, at least three witnesses corroborated the version of the events put forth by the victim in the case, Amanda Geiger.

Geiger, the sister of Ashley Geiger, Barnett's girlfriend, stated that Barnett knocked her and her sister's drinks out of their hands at 11:50 p.m. on June 16 inside the Wet Bar at 344 W. College Ave., and then threw Ashley's cell phone against the wall so hard that it broke and left a "small gouge" in a wall. Pictures were supplied of both.

After the Geigers went to another nightclub and then returned, Barnett "suddenly and without provocation" threw his drink in Amanda Geiger's face. She retaliated by throwing a beer in a plastic cup at Barnett. Amanda then said that Barnett "used both his hands to push her to the floor."

"It was like a tackle, but he didn't go down with me," Amanda told Appleton Police Department investigator John Schira.

Amanda stated it was "a very hard push and that she probably struck a table or chair on her way to the ground."

Not sure if you guys already saw this but this article goes into more detail about Barnett's trouble then I had read about before. Sounds like dude just wanted his chick to quit drinking and probably acting like a ho at the club.

I dont understand why NFLers dont just get a replacement instead of dealing with the problems these crazy broads bring. I hope he dumped his GF if she let all this happen she dont care about his best interest.

RashanGary
12-14-2007, 08:39 AM
I hope not because I know how that shit can escalate and the way the law works, harmless contact is still contact and it's a crime.

I doubt he'll go to jail, but I could see him getting found guilty of at least disorderly conduct or something like that. It's too bad. It seems like he did learn a lesson, but it might be too late. I could see a couple game suspension next year.

The Leaper
12-14-2007, 08:42 AM
I could see a fine or probation...but jail for a shoving match in a bar? Please.

Partial
12-14-2007, 08:44 AM
I could see a fine or probation...but jail for a shoving match in a bar? Please.

2nded. Fine at worst.

Badgerinmaine
12-14-2007, 09:06 AM
Violence against women is flat wrong, no matter who does it. But knowing how powerful he is makes it worse. A shove to the floor from him could easily be bone breaking. He destroyed her phone and knocked her to the ground. Imagine what he might do when people *aren't* looking. People have gone to jail for less.

MJZiggy
12-14-2007, 09:17 AM
This whole thing is just weird. This article is the first time I've heard of the woman in the bar being referred to as his girlfriend's sister. In previous articles, it was indicated that she did not want to press charges, which usually gets the charges dropped and now I'm reading that she wants him punished for it...Also, Mad, the gf just had his baby and that makes her a little bit harder to just dump and replace (unless, of course, you happen to be Travis Henry), but I bet it's gonna make Christmas this year a little awkward!

The Leaper
12-14-2007, 09:18 AM
Violence against women is flat wrong, no matter who does it. But knowing how powerful he is makes it worse. A shove to the floor from him could easily be bone breaking. He destroyed her phone and knocked her to the ground. Imagine what he might do when people *aren't* looking. People have gone to jail for less.

There is no denying it was stupid of Barnett to do. I'm sure the incident was not unprovoked...the fact that the woman's side of the story conveniently leaves that out should not be glossed over.

However, if we sent everyone to jail who did something that could threaten bodily injury, we'd need 10x the current capacity. Send the guy to some anger management classes...put him on probation to ensure it isn't a regular occurence...make him cough up some coin.

The bottom line is that jail time seems to be way over the top for a shoving match in a bar where it appears no one was seriously hurt and property damage was minimal.

sepporepi
12-14-2007, 09:18 AM
If I understood everthing right, he shoved his girlfriends sister and now the sister AND his girlfriend are testifying against him?

Did he quit the relationship? Whats going on? I have a hard time imagining myself in a realtionship where my partner tries to get my to jail.

Zool
12-14-2007, 09:20 AM
Lawyers are the downfall of our society. We're basing our entire opinion of the case off of her side of the story.

I reiterate, lawyers suck. If any of you are lawyers reading this, I'm not sorry. I'm sure there are good ones out there, but I've never met one.

Fritz
12-14-2007, 09:44 AM
The problem is that we are really just speculating as to what really happened. The bar owner who called the complain in says it's been way, way overblown, the woman in question is changing her decision about what to do or not do, and so on and so on.

I am very much against violence against women - everybody is, yes, but I think it's more of a problem than many people acknowledge - but here it's just so hard to say what exactly really happened.

RashanGary
12-14-2007, 10:21 AM
1,000's of years of animal evolution have us programed (for the most part) to spread our seed.

With people evolving as far as we have and developing this society, the advantages of spreading ones seed (in the random way that men used to)are starting to dwindle. Ultimately, when we're dead and barried the # of children (and quality) with our seed living on will be the only thing remaining and lifes cycle will have gone on as it was intended.

For now though, Barnett is concously living his life and this spreading of the seed is starting to look like quite an expensive, unintentionally committing endevour. He probably won't have too many more because he learned from this bad experience. Rather than finding a girl with good traits, he waisted his reproductive energy on a bar slut.

The new man needs to understand this and plan his life according to the new structure. Bottom line, just don't get these sluts pregnant. As much as you're driven to pound that hot little bar slut, she very well could be a complete idiot and now you invested a big chunk of yoru salary on a child that could very well be born with her idiotic traits. When you are dead, the only thing living on with yoru genetic make up will be the next generation bar slut. The new cycle of evolution for men is to find a woman with good traits (similar to how women chose men for eternity) and invest in childeren that are likely to be smart and strong rather than just pounding the first fertile bar slut that spreads her legs. This is just taking into account yoru chances of spreading your seed in a meaningfull, advantagious way for further positive growth of your seed. It's further complicated by our concious effort to enjoy the life we live rather than just live to reproduce. That makes it even worse because you have a little more drama and misery in your life based on a primative one night stand.

Ultimately, I've concluded that random condomless sex is bad. If you enjoy fullfilling your instinct to pound tail, then do it but wrap it up. Barnett didn't and now he's suffering the concequences. Tough situation, but eventually the smart guys will catch on and evoluation will go on a different tangent with the choosy men having stronger childeren and the slutty men finding thesmelves poor with child support and non desirable childeren from idiotic women. They've blown their chance at meaningfull reproduction on a slut with poor genetic traits. We (humans) have changed the way the game is played (or so it seems).

These are just random thoughts on todays evolution, meant to spur conversation and debate on how we are evolving and how evolution might have contributed to this situation. By no means do I think I have these answers. I just have ideas of how the resiliancy and persistance of life might play a part in how we live today.

Badgerinmaine
12-14-2007, 10:24 AM
Fritz--Agreed...there's surely all kinds of info I don't have and probably none of us do. However, there are all kinds of cases where people don't intend to get in trouble but do as things escalate, and they still get in trouble.

the_idle_threat
12-14-2007, 10:46 AM
Lawyers are the downfall of our society. We're basing our entire opinion of the case off of her side of the story.

I reiterate, lawyers suck. If any of you are lawyers reading this, I'm not sorry. I'm sure there are good ones out there, but I've never met one.

Everybody hates lawyers until they need one.

Zool
12-14-2007, 11:01 AM

Everybody hates lawyers until they need one.

Or after they get burned by more than one.

Freak Out
12-14-2007, 11:15 AM
JH...... :lol:

I think he said something like this before?

:lol:

Freak Out
12-14-2007, 11:18 AM
Ok...who voted for him to go to Jail?

Barnetts a hot head and will pay a fine or some restitution but unless he has a history of domestic abuse he's not going to jail.

MadtownPacker
12-14-2007, 11:39 AM
This whole thing is just weird. This article is the first time I've heard of the woman in the bar being referred to as his girlfriend's sister. In previous articles, it was indicated that she did not want to press charges, which usually gets the charges dropped and now I'm reading that she wants him punished for it...Also, Mad, the gf just had his baby and that makes her a little bit harder to just dump and replace (unless, of course, you happen to be Travis Henry), but I bet it's gonna make Christmas this year a little awkward!This only happen this year so that means the stupid broad was pregnant??? Maybe that is why Barnett was so pissed. If so she should be the one going to jail.

I think her dumb bitch sister didn't like Barnett trying to make his GF go home and when Nick broke the cellphone the sister got in his face and he pushed her likely stumbling drunk ass away. If so then he has the right to defend himself from someone getting in his face.

Badgerinmaine
12-14-2007, 12:51 PM

I did.

I'm not saying there needs to be a lengthy sentence, but I think something greater than the equivalent of a traffic ticket is called for, too. Being annoyed with someone's behavior does not give you the right to knock them down. (Unless we're talking about the NFC title game, when they can knock down TO within the rules all they like) :mrgreen:

Freak Out
12-14-2007, 01:00 PM

I did.

I'm not saying there needs to be a lengthy sentence, but I think something greater than the equivalent of a traffic ticket is called for, too. Being annoyed with someone's behavior does not give you the right to knock them down. (Unless we're talking about the NFC title game, when they can knock down TO within the rules all they like) :mrgreen:

Didn't he do some time in Jail that night?
He did cross that line when he should have walked away......but I'm not sure of the circumstances. Maybe the truth will come out in the courtroom?

Bossman641
12-14-2007, 01:02 PM
JH, WOW

Your thoughts on human breeding are .....out there. I think most people, in this day and age, have moved past the point of trying to impregnate as many women as possible in order to carry on the family. Of course you have idiots (Travis Henry, Shawn Kemp) who just sleep around and impregnate many women, but I think they do that more out of the fact that they enjoy it rather than with some ultimate goal of trying to have as many children as possible.

You're on your own on that one buddy.

Tarlam!
12-14-2007, 01:03 PM
Court day for me on Monday. My soon-to-be-ex-wife-fucking-crazy choked my son while I was napping.

I awoke to the sounds of a 12 year old's screams and bolted down two flights of stairs to find my son breathing heavily, cowering in the corner and my wife sitting calmy in the arm chair, all well-to-do.

Protecting one's kids is paramount to me. I saw my kid. He had tears in his eyes.

I grabbed my wife by the wrist and dragged her through the living room and out the front door.

Next thing I know, I am making a statement for assaulting and battering my "wife".

Message to Zig. Get it, now?

Message to PR: Not everyone is guilty as charged.

the_idle_threat
12-14-2007, 01:04 PM
Maybe the truth will come out in the courtroom?

I doubt it. You'll get two implausible stories, and have to piece it together to find the truth somewhere in the middle.

Her story is the one above. Whenever one side claims the other side acted "suddenly and without provocation," it's time to put in the ear plugs, cause the bullshit alarm is about to go off.

the_idle_threat
12-14-2007, 01:08 PM
JH, WOW

Your thoughts on human breeding are .....out there. I think most people, in this day and age, have moved past the point of trying to impregnate as many women as possible in order to carry on the family. Of course you have idiots (Travis Henry, Shawn Kemp) who just sleep around and impregnate many women, but I think they do that more out of the fact that they enjoy it rather than with some ultimate goal of trying to have as many children as possible.

You actually read that whole load of crap? I couldn't get through the first paragraph. :lol:

Carolina_Packer
12-14-2007, 01:49 PM
Court day for me on Monday. My soon-to-be-ex-wife-fucking-crazy choked my son while I was napping.

I awoke to the sounds of a 12 year old's screams and bolted down two flights of stairs to find my son breathing heavily, cowering in the corner and my wife sitting calmy in the arm chair, all well-to-do.

Protecting one's kids is paramount to me. I saw my kid. He had tears in his eyes.

I grabbed my wife by the wrist and dragged her through the living room and out the front door.

Next thing I know, I am making a statement for assaulting and battering my "wife".

Message to PR: Not everyone is guilty as charged.

Sorry for your troubles, Tarlam! I hope it all works out well. I'm guessing if there were marks on your son's neck and he is willing to speak up, that perhaps your soon to be ex might back down from her assault charges. Good luck!

Tarlam!
12-14-2007, 02:10 PM
Thanks, CP. No marks, ever. It was not the first time either, she knew always to sit pretty when I called the men in green. Anyway, she's now locked up, but, I still have to answer for myself.

I am priviliged to will defend my offspring. And I always will.

Badgerinmaine
12-14-2007, 03:08 PM
Wow...I hope the truth comes out--in both cases. Tarlam, I hope that justice is served.

MJZiggy
12-14-2007, 03:22 PM

I got it when it happened. You know I understood what was going on from the get-go...I'm thinking it will be ok in the end. For you AND for the kids.

And Mad, when I said "new" baby, IIRC, the baby was born before all this went down, though I can't remember for sure. What I know is that the story's changed significantly since it was first reported, so we'll have to wait and see how much of it actually comes out. It's also been said a couple times that what happened has been blown WAY out of proportion, so we'll see.

woodbuck27
12-14-2007, 04:14 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=695949

According to a report included in the criminal complaint, at least three witnesses corroborated the version of the events put forth by the victim in the case, Amanda Geiger.

Geiger, the sister of Ashley Geiger, Barnett's girlfriend, stated that Barnett knocked her and her sister's drinks out of their hands at 11:50 p.m. on June 16 inside the Wet Bar at 344 W. College Ave., and then threw Ashley's cell phone against the wall so hard that it broke and left a "small gouge" in a wall. Pictures were supplied of both.

After the Geigers went to another nightclub and then returned, Barnett "suddenly and without provocation" threw his drink in Amanda Geiger's face. She retaliated by throwing a beer in a plastic cup at Barnett. Amanda then said that Barnett "used both his hands to push her to the floor."

"It was like a tackle, but he didn't go down with me," Amanda told Appleton Police Department investigator John Schira.

Amanda stated it was "a very hard push and that she probably struck a table or chair on her way to the ground."

Not sure if you guys already saw this but this article goes into more detail about Barnett's trouble then I had read about before. Sounds like dude just wanted his chick to quit drinking and probably acting like a ho at the club.

I dont understand why NFLers dont just get a replacement instead of dealing with the problems these crazy broads bring. I hope he dumped his GF if she let all this happen she dont care about his best interest.

Should women be allowed to drink?

That is of course cool and most acceptable in most circumstances.

Yet.

Men and women are no different in this circumstrance:

Some not able to hold their booze.

Shouldn't they be forced to take some kind of a special course on drinking and not trying to be like some candy ass - asshole men. . . get to beingonce it's discovered they have engaged in the certain results of not knowing when to stop?

I can't stand anyone who can't handle his or her booze. That's weak.

What kind of person drinks and doesn't pay attention to how each drink is affecting him or her?

Who can't learn from their personal history?

Off topic so:

This is about OUR playa Nick Barnett. We certainly need his muscle and skill set (experience) on the football field every week this entire season.

What was he thinking messing with a woman (slash) women that night.

He had to just relax.

I sense fr. the above that Nick got completely off his COOL.

It also appears to me. That he's got issue's in terms of how or when to let it simply pass ( let it go ) with respect to women.

When she has gone over with too much alcohol just ensure that she's safe anything else then leave it.

RashanGary
12-14-2007, 06:44 PM
JH, WOW

Has nothing to do with a concious goal/effort. Traits that didn't promote reproduction (like a low sex drive or homosexuality if they are genetic) are weeded out through evolution (not entirely, but there are less of them and more of those who continued to have childeren). We still live and die on this earth like we (and other members of the animal kingdom) have done form thousands of years. At the end of the day, human kind evolves becaue of the reproductive habits of it's members. This isn't a conversation meant to discuss concious decisions. I think Barnetts decision to impregnate that girl was largely involuntary. We do have a growing level of conciousness as the most unique Animal on earth, whcih prompted my response that talked about evolution changing based on our abiliyt to think and on the current custody court.

MJZiggy
12-14-2007, 07:24 PM
JH, WOW

Has nothing to do with a concious goal/effort. Traits that didn't promote reproduction (like a low sex drive or homosexuality if they are genetic) are weeded out through evolution (not entirely, but there are less of them and more of those who continued to have childeren). We still live and die on this earth like we (and other members of the animal kingdom) have done form thousands of years. At the end of the day, human kind evolves becaue of the reproductive habits of it's members. This isn't a conversation meant to discuss concious decisions. I think Barnetts decision to impregnate that girl was largely involuntary. We do have a growing level of conciousness as the most unique Animal on earth, whcih prompted my response that talked about evolution changing based on our abiliyt to think and on the current custody court.

Do you know Nick Barnett? You know his gf? You know that he impregnated her involuntarily because...? Nick Barnett isn't the first man to get his gf pregnant. So every man that has ever had kids with his gf does so involuntarily. And every woman who has a kid with her bf is a ho (not from this post, but from one earlier in the thread) I know NB may not be the brightest candle on the birthday cake, but holy hell I'm pretty sure he knows what birth control is for. Your post qualifies for the "load of crap" award for the week.

Scott Campbell
12-14-2007, 07:34 PM
Your post qualifies for the "load of crap" award for the week.

Well shit. I was hoping to win.

Scott Campbell
12-14-2007, 07:39 PM
I can't stand anyone who can't handle his or her booze. That's weak.

I thought you liked Koren Robinson.

What kind of person drinks and doesn't pay attention to how each drink is affecting him or her?

A person like Koren Robinson.

Joemailman
12-14-2007, 10:33 PM

So if some people are stupid enough to base their opinions of the case off of her story, how is that the fault of a lawyer? Obviously the lawyer is putting forth her side of the argument. Last time I checked, that's what lawyers are paid to do. I'm guessing Barnett has a lawyer too (probably one of the top ones). Therefore, they will both get their day in court. What is the problem?

the_idle_threat
12-15-2007, 01:39 AM
Zool's just using the occasion to take a generic swipe at lawyers, regardless of the facts. Sounds like he's had some bad experiences. Maybe with the ex's lawyer, or his own lawyer, or both. Doesn't mean there aren't good people in the profession. Zool knows this, whether he's willing to admit it or not.

MJZiggy
12-15-2007, 09:14 AM
Your post qualifies for the "load of crap" award for the week.

Well shit. I was hoping to win.

There's always next week, dear.

Zool
12-17-2007, 09:52 AM
Zool's just using the occasion to take a generic swipe at lawyers, regardless of the facts. Sounds like he's had some bad experiences. Maybe with the ex's lawyer, or his own lawyer, or both. Doesn't mean there aren't good people in the profession. Zool knows this, whether he's willing to admit it or not.

Not...im a spiteful prick sometimes.

Anyways, lawyers are generally the ones that get these stories into the press when there's a celeb or even pseudo celeb involved. I could be wrong, but I would bet I'm not. Her side as told to us by her lawyers.